Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
من همجنسگرا هستم
Tajikistan
Uzbekistan
Kyrgyzstan
Turkmenistan
Kazakhstan
View Results

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
I wear rainbow tie dye crocs every day at my kitchen job. They are ugly as hell and undoubtedly clown shoes but they are more comfortable than anything else I own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020

Len posted:

Get the ones that look like actual shoes OP

The faux worn look that I pay $100 for

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Nastyman posted:

They are white trash rubber clogs thanks for coming to my ted talk

What are the high class rubber clogs

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

XA Shere posted:

I have some crocs for my dental assisting internship. They are more comfortable than Dansko.

Dansko are pure trash

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I wore crocs when I worked in a hospital. They were great, but my feet are already big, so the crocs were like loving clown shoes. Constantly tripping and banging my feet on poo poo. I stopped getting ingrown toenails when I switched to them, though.

Now I just wear them in my backyard. I accidentally melted a pair when I was sitting by the fire.

If you have big feet and want to save your toes get yourself some Altras

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

JK Fresco posted:

If you have big feet and want to save your toes get yourself some Altras

I'll look into it. Thanks!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I got a pair of those canvas crocs ten years ago and they're all I wear for like six months of the year. They fuckin last forever, I'm still on my first pair

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I'll look into it. Thanks!

They have giant ugly toeboxes but there's a reason so many hardcore through hikers wear them

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

crocs arent good for hiking, the little holes get tons of twigs stuck in them

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Are crocs good if you have incredibly wide flat pancake feet?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wear crocs at work because you can easily sanitize them

They comfy

Not great for traction on wet floors though

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Are crocs good if you have incredibly wide flat pancake feet?

Birkinstocks fuckin wish they were as incredibly wide pancake foot-friendly as crocs

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

rotinaj posted:

I wear crocs at work because you can easily sanitize them

They comfy

Not great for traction on wet floors though

Get the nonslip chef ones

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JK Fresco posted:

Get the nonslip chef ones

We have those in one of the clean rooms in my lab, and they’re better than the base model but I can still wrench the gently caress out of my knees on the cleaning solution we use with the nonslip ones anyway

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I am wearing crocs right now. They're great..

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler
Crocs are awesome

Wearing socks n' Crocs is super comfy esp. if you're wearing the OG clogs, but the Freestyle lady clogs are a little narrower and are actually okay barefoot. Crocs sandals are all great with or without socks.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

RandomFerret posted:

Birkinstocks fuckin wish they were as incredibly wide pancake foot-friendly as crocs

This makes them sound very appealing

nut
Jul 30, 2019

crocs are a fun and ecxiting choice of footwear but be warned if u buy a jibbitz for every hole in ur croc some of them are going to chafe you really bad and ur going to have to ask urself how committed u are to the quidditch pin

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I have pair of croc flip flops and they're pretty comfy and they dry really quickly so its nice taking them to the beach

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

They are not comfortable with no socks, as your feet will immediately start to sweat in them and feel gross in the rubber. I feel like wearing them is a sign of confidence that you are so unconcerned about your appearance that they transcend into being stylish in a weird way.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Remember that time Kanye West made his own version of Crocs?

Anyway while looking those up I also found these, and this is what I think you should get OP.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bromplicated posted:

I feel like wearing them is a sign of confidence that you are so unconcerned about your appearance that they transcend into being stylish in a weird way.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
The comfiest shoes were those super chunky Osiris or Etnies skate shoes from the early 00's

Klimpy Borf
Oct 22, 2010
Birks rool, crocs drool

Mrs. Sexual
Feb 3, 2020
Gonna custom fit some crocks for bug. He will be happy and have a good price.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I got croc sneakers a year and a half ago and have worn them exclusively since then and they still look brand new. I'll update you if they ever break.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Plain rear end canvas Converse are like $60-70 lol

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

houstonguy posted:

What you're going to want to do is get a pair of Birkenstock's, not the leather ones, but the plastic ones. Every benefit the Croc has to offer, but stylish enough that people won't realize you post on a web 1.0 message board.

Only accurate post in this thread. You absolutely want to get Birkenstock Arizona EVAs if you're considering casual sandals like Crocs that can still be solidly dressed up and don't look like literal garbage made for 12 year old girls. They're high quality, trendy sandals and last forever and a day, unlike standard leather Birkenstocks that fall apart in a year or two. https://www.birkenstock.com/us/arizona-eva/arizona-eva-eva-0-eva-u.html

Or just get a couple pairs of Converse for like $30 each from their online store when one of their bi-monthly sales pop up if you want a casual shoe. Chucks fuckin own and are timelessly awesome.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
I had a 10 year old roast my Converse with "Why do you dress like you're in high school?" outside of a CVS in 2005. I was in my 20s at the time and I haven't worn them since + the older I got the more you value arch support.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I can't believe people used to hoop in Chuck Taylors.

XA Shere
Apr 18, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Only accurate post in this thread. You absolutely want to get Birkenstock Arizona EVAs if you're considering casual sandals like Crocs that can still be solidly dressed up and don't look like literal garbage made for 12 year old girls. They're high quality, trendy sandals and last forever and a day, unlike standard leather Birkenstocks that fall apart in a year or two. https://www.birkenstock.com/us/arizona-eva/arizona-eva-eva-0-eva-u.html

Or just get a couple pairs of Converse for like $30 each from their online store when one of their bi-monthly sales pop up if you want a casual shoe. Chucks fuckin own and are timelessly awesome.

I own a green pair of womxn's chuck's from Nordstrom's. They're off-brand though, so you can't have any.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

I had a 10 year old roast my Converse with "Why do you dress like you're in high school?" outside of a CVS in 2005. I was in my 20s at the time and I haven't worn them since + the older I got the more you value arch support.

Lol. I wear Chucks most days and so does like half of my office and many people I see walking downtown. They're probably the most popular casual shoe in my area, so gently caress that if they're considered "too young". I will always wear Chucks. But I feel you on the arch support, but my feet are kind of weird and a flat shoe works nicely for me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Chaco sandals. :boom:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
As noted Crocs are the ultimate "going out to get the mail" pair of shoes. The older you get the more errands you are willing to be seen doing in them. At 50+ you no longer have to own any other footwear.

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
They aren't uncomfortable, but I don't prefer them.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like wearing Sperry's

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I used to have a pair of Reef’s sandals with the beer opener in the bottom. Love to open someone’s beer with the nasty sole of my shoe and also scratch up hardwood floors.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I used to have a pair of Reef’s sandals with the beer opener in the bottom. Love to open someone’s beer with the nasty sole of my shoe and also scratch up hardwood floors.

Christ alive the fact that this exists is wild to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Len posted:

Get the ones that look like actual shoes OP

what "actual shoe" does this look like lmao

This looks like a pile of poo poo that fell out of my rear end