Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
من همجنسگرا هستم
Tajikistan
Uzbekistan
Kyrgyzstan
Turkmenistan
Kazakhstan
View Results

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Kazakh-plah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )

I feel you should just wear pants at this point

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Vegetable posted:

I have hosed up bunions, someone recommend shoes for my deformed feet thanks

Thick socks with anti-slip paint sprayed on the bottom.

naem
May 29, 2011

CraigSlice posted:

I feel you should just wear pants at this point

perhaps he enjoys a refreshing breeze across his kneecaps

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The kneecaps are where the most nerve endings are

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Most comfortable shoes Ive had are Mephisto boat shoes the big clunky ones I don’t think they make anymore

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have some allen edmonds brown cap toe oxfords that i have worn five days a week for the past ten years they loving rule

this picture is from ten years ago, ive been meaning to polish up these bad boys and ill post another pic, but they still look the business

this is why you buy nice things

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 9, 2020

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

uhh this is a workers footwear thread keep your class signifying british garbage outta here pal

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

also

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Bro Dad posted:

uhh this is a workers footwear thread keep your class signifying british garbage outta here pal
fair comment

but as a canadian im entitled to pull the british card sometimes as we are still in the commonwealth and yall are not and this is gonna be one of em

my shoes are good :thumbsup:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

and god bless america i honestly love you guys :patriot:

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Bro Dad posted:

Allen Edmind are msde in thr US of A

Also brits get mad about wearing brown shoes lol they are nuts

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
crocs are only good for gardening or doctoring - you can hose them down easily from gunk and put 'em outside to dry, no problem. but the foot sweat from wearing plastic shoes is nasty, gotta powder your feet.

lowtax's favorite shoes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9idwaLHwLxk

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
Crocs are great for when you need to slip some shoes on to go get the mail, take out the garbage, or run quick errands when you don't give a poo poo how you look. I have a pair that's black with fleece lining. They're super comfy, and they look better than the typical sandal crocs. I still wouldn't wear them out if I care about my appearance, though.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Comfort should be secondary to preparedness.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i hope you have the proper paper work for that amphibious footwear :11tea:

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Sagan posted:

Llbean slippers

I am wearing them now and they are insanely great.

Snowmankilla posted:

I love my Allbirds.

Allbirds are dope unless theer is even a hint of inclement weather and then you're hosed. Apparently though there is a waterproof version now, though. I hate socks and after like a week of wearing them they smelled terrible which kind of sucks becaues you can wash the body but not the sole (heh).

I have large feet and I bought a pair of crocs that's like a size too small and they also have no holes. Due to the nature of the ratio between surface area to volume and the conservation of heat that ensues as that scales non-linearly, my feet are in a constant state of sweat. This means that if I wear my crocs out and about I basically make a highly audibly farting noise everywhere I go. However I am a dad now so I just have to run out the clock until my child no longer wants to be around me and I finally get some peace and quiet. By the way if you are about to be a parent you should invest in slip on shoes because getting out the door is about to become a nightmarish proposition.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Have you considered buying appropriate shoes that fit?

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Sunswipe posted:

Have you considered buying appropriate shoes that fit?

yeah I have a few, but I'm going to drill a hole in the crocs to see how it goes, might help.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

bollig posted:

I have large feet and I bought a pair of crocs that's like a size too small and they also have no holes. Due to the nature of the ratio between surface area to volume and the conservation of heat that ensues as that scales non-linearly, my feet are in a constant state of sweat. This means that if I wear my crocs out and about I basically make a highly audibly farting noise everywhere I go. However I am a dad now so I just have to run out the clock until my child no longer wants to be around me and I finally get some peace and quiet. By the way if you are about to be a parent you should invest in slip on shoes because getting out the door is about to become a nightmarish proposition.

Alternatively, you could get a pair of casual sandals or slip-ons that actually fit and not wear Crocs that destroy your feet.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mite order some new sandals today. My current pair are cheapo Joe Boxer flip-flops from KMart that have gone almost completely flat and one has a puppy-shaped bite mark in the heel.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Alternatively, you could get a pair of casual sandals or slip-ons that actually fit and not wear Crocs that destroy your feet.

don't really destroy my feet and I'm shopping around for appropriately sized crocs

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Mite order some new sandals today. My current pair are cheapo Joe Boxer flip-flops from KMart that have gone almost completely flat and one has a puppy-shaped bite mark in the heel.

I used to buy the cheapest crappy sandals until I got a pair of Rainbows and they lasted like 3 years until the sole finally broke in half, so I stopped buying the cheapest junk sandals forever.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I used to buy the cheapest crappy sandals until I got a pair of Rainbows and they lasted like 3 years until the sole finally broke in half, so I stopped buying the cheapest junk sandals forever.

Some of those Rainbows look pretty nice actually. Might go with a decent pair of those or the Birkenstock Arizonas other posters were talking about if I can find them for under $100

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Knormal posted:

Comfort should be secondary to preparedness.

Boys we got a Scooby in here!!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
ZOINKS

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I caved and got leather arizona birkenstocks on a slight discount today. after 2 hours, both my arches have blisters lol

e: this is after a literal week of shoe shopping so the joke is double on me

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

buglord posted:

I caved and got leather arizona birkenstocks on a slight discount today. after 2 hours, both my arches have blisters lol

Leather Birkenstocks take a bit to smooth out and conform to your feet, similarly to Rainbows and other leather sandals.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've heard it's like putting your feet into a crocodile's rear end in a top hat.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think I might buy Crocs as my next gardening shoe, what do you goons think?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You should probably get two of them.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

bagmonkey posted:

Wooden. Clogs.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I had to pick up a cook position during this poo poo rona virus. Everyone here wears chef crocs and they really are super comfortable if you need to stand for 8+ hours per day. Bonus that they're non-slip.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

I have both Crocs (maryjanes, not clogs) and Oofos (clogs) for gardening. I prefer the Oofos, they have more support.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

buglord posted:

Birkenstocks were the least comfortable thing I have ever put on my feet I don't care how nice they allegedly are when you "break them in."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Birkenstocks are like buttholes, you need to break them in.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Bananaquiter posted:

Birkenstocks were the least comfortable thing I have ever put on my feet I don't care how nice they allegedly are when you "break them in."

My Rainbow sandals were the most comfortable thing ever once I broke them too. That's literally how leather sandals work by design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

bollig posted:

I am wearing them now and they are insanely great.

Allbirds are dope unless theer is even a hint of inclement weather and then you're hosed. Apparently though there is a waterproof version now, though. I hate socks and after like a week of wearing them they smelled terrible which kind of sucks becaues you can wash the body but not the sole (heh).

You can happily throw the whole shoe in the washing machine and they come out grand?