Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Told them both parts, so I'd be second-guessing the things I imagine if I were you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Well then, if none of your psychiatrists told it to your face then I guess I definitely have to rethink my opinions about people who want to suck imaginary dog dicks now!

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.
Got copies of the profiles they wrote for their case files, and their records said the same thing. Sounds like a good idea, though. I hope you'll rethink your need to slander and abuse other people.

Polybius91 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 13, 2020

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I've always wondered about the lack of biodiversity among furries. Every furry seems to be one of maybe five animal species, and it is always the type of animal to be featured in cartoons and/or mascot costumes.

Bifner McDoogle
Mar 31, 2006

"Life unworthy of life" (German: Lebensunwertes Leben) is a pragmatic liberal designation for the segments of the populace which they view as having no right to continue existing, due to the expense of extending them basic human dignity.

Two Beans posted:

I've always wondered about the lack of biodiversity among furries. Every furry seems to be one of maybe five animal species, and it is always the type of animal to be featured in cartoons and/or mascot costumes.

Bad news, furries have so much biodiversity that they're bioluminescent. A new species was probably invented in the time it took me to write this sentence. After I saw a shark with two dicks I was like "well I guess that's accurate" and accepted that anything could happen.

Polybius91 posted:

Got copies of the profiles they wrote for their case files, and their records said the same thing. Sounds like a good idea, though. I hope you'll rethink your need to slander and abuse other people.

You may want to talk to your therapist about why you would care what people on this forum think. Like one of the most stupid parts of the front page article is that, if we're honest, getting completely separated from the culture of this place via an unfunny holocaust reference was probably pretty better for furries as a community in the long run.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soul Reaver posted:

Pretty much this.
While I wasn't part of the whole 'furry persecution', I certainly laughed at it, and I guarantee it has nothing to do with how many of them may be homosexual.

Furry fandom is problematic for a whole bunch of reasons completely unrelated to the sexual orientation of its members:

1. It comes awfully close to sexualizing animals. Seeking sexual gratification via animals is considered highly immoral, taboo and illegal in most places in the world, and usually for good reasons. In this way, it's not too different from someone wanting their partner to dress up as and pretend to be a prepubescent boy/girl - sure, it's not actually illegal, but it sure raises some very worrying red flags.

2. While we're talking about sexuality and minors: furry fandom often fixates on things that are traditionally associated with children - anthropomorphic animal cartoon characters and fluffy, furry animals (like big soft toys). Except they then project sexual motives onto those childlike things. I personally doubt this relates to paedophilia directly, but it has the unfortunate consequence of creating a lot of 'fan art' and the like that gets spread all over 'net of characters from children's shows engaging in sexual acts - and furries are PROLIFIC artists. The most likely people to be searching for images of these characters are children, and thus the furry community is inadvertently saturating a child's image search results with sexualized content at an age their parents are not likely to want them exposed to sexualized content.

3. As with any kink, there is a difference between engaging in a kink and displaying it in public. Furries have in the past often shown confusion and/or outrage that they are not embraced with open arms when they display their kink in a public fahsion. Yet most would agree that we would frown on people making their love of bondage known in public too. It's generally considered bad form to involve 'non-involved' people in your sexual fetishes (eg: exhibitionism) as there are issues there with (a lack of) consent.

Then there's the last part of all this: the internet. Somethingawful's tag line has been "the internet makes you stupid", and furry fandom was a prime example of that at work.

Individually, furries would likely have been treated with mockery and derision - in no small part due to the reasons above - and might have abandoned their kink. But the internet gave them a platform to connect with other like-minded individuals. By existing and conversing with other members of the community, they could normalize their kink and behaviour and encourage greater involvement and investment - making it all the harder to abandon the kink and also making them less likely to think it would be treated with anything other than acceptance by the general public.

THAT'S why furries were relentlessly mocked.
imagine making a post this bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Stuntman posted:

imagine making a post this bad

typing several paragraphs and being even able to type several paragraphs about completely loving off the wall speculating is actually normal and not freakish. truly the imternet makes you stipid

Two Beans posted:

that's because mascots characters are animals people enioy usually and that's why they're picked. same as furry