Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!

Sikreci posted:

Hey y'all, I was out for awhile recovering from surgery but I'm back at my desk again! I approved all the outstanding join requests and Spectracide I made you an admin as well since it looks like you're around a lot too. Hopefully you'll start seeing my ghosts again soon.

I also uploaded a glowing eyesore skin I made to the club.

Thanks! Hope to see you back on the TOTD leaderboards. Abx0r's times are hard to beat :D

I've been enjoying playing for a short burst every day: 10-15 mins on Track of the Day, 10-15 mins trying to improve season campaign times, and then seeing if anyone's in the Giant Bomb club (Believe) room, though that's been pretty dead since after the first month. Have to wonder if they picked the wrong features to put behind purchasing. Full speed tracks are my favorite.

So, the Summer 2020 campaign has ended and Fall 2020 has begun. How'd everyone do? My average rear end got 29th in Maryland and 1,370th in the US, though there's no telling how many people that's out of.

Finally, here's the Supreme branded eyesore I created and ride around in:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!

Spectracide posted:

Thanks! Hope to see you back on the TOTD leaderboards. Abx0r's times are hard to beat :D

I've been enjoying playing for a short burst every day: 10-15 mins on Track of the Day, 10-15 mins trying to improve season campaign times, and then seeing if anyone's in the Giant Bomb club (Believe) room, though that's been pretty dead since after the first month. Have to wonder if they picked the wrong features to put behind purchasing. Full speed tracks are my favorite.

So, the Summer 2020 campaign has ended and Fall 2020 has begun. How'd everyone do? My average rear end got 29th in Maryland and 1,370th in the US, though there's no telling how many people that's out of.

Finally, here's the Supreme branded eyesore I created and ride around in:

It is a shame so much is locked behind purchasing, wish more goons were playing so we could do a tournament or something.

I ended the Summer campaign at 39th in Texas, 651st in the US. I stopped trying to improve my times there over a month ago though and unfortunately didn't get all author medals. I enjoy hunting the TOTDs more than doing the campaign maps over and over.

Here's my terrible Speed Racer skin:

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

This is the one I've been using lately, another one I made. I've probably spent more time skinning cars than I have playing the drat game at this point.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!

Abx0r posted:

I ended the Summer campaign at 39th in Texas, 651st in the US.

Did better this time in the Fall campaign: 9th in Texas, 129th in US, 2659th World.

Assuming anyone else is still playing, how did everyone else do?

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Abx0r posted:

Did better this time in the Fall campaign: 9th in Texas, 129th in US, 2659th World.

Assuming anyone else is still playing, how did everyone else do?

71st in my province, 5928th world. Quite happy with that, considering I'm not very fast. Maybe I'll manage to get all the author medals on the winter tracks!

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
Matchmaking Beta is online now. It is 3v3 teams on a random winter campaign map. First team to win 5 rounds wins.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
The Spring 2021 campaign has begun. I like it much more than the Winter campaign.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
TrackMania United is still good and alive. It includes Stadium as well as 6 other environments and you don't need to pay a subscription for it.

Once someone mods ice from TrackNania into it, it'll be perfect.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
I'm the only one left playing TM2020, feeling very lonely :(

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Almost everyone of my TM team is back to TMUF. I didn't get much further than the training campaign and some of the summer campaign before I got tired of the confusing interface, of playing more Stadium, of not being able to change my nickname or host my own server and the fact that all the TOTD maps were a mess of custom blocks all about showing off rather than making skilled maps. And all the other things you can do in TMUF but not in TrackNania.

e: Oh yeah lets not forget that rounds mode, basically the core mode of the game, is/was so broken that you could not even see your opponents (it showed them with a delay) so you basically could not actually race others, only play a sequence of time attacks with a shared scoreboard. Did they fix that yet?

Entropist fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 5, 2021

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!

Entropist posted:

e: Oh yeah lets not forget that rounds mode, basically the core mode of the game, is/was so broken that you could not even see your opponents (it showed them with a delay) so you basically could not actually race others, only play a sequence of time attacks with a shared scoreboard. Did they fix that yet?

I believe they did fix it, but anyone actually competing doesn't use it cause it causes fps drops last I paid attention. I haven't actually played in the cup of the day in months, its too stressful lol.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm still enjoying TM2020 TOTD, and know atleast one other goon doing the same.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i dunno if im in the club but i do totd everyday (except for the past week cus my controller died and i can’t go back to kb). zoom zoom 🏎

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
3v3 matchmaking is actually pretty fun. Just got to find a time when others are playing, which seems to be afternoon in the US.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
Apparently I'm an admin now in Goon Prix, so if anyone needs to be accepted into the club post here with your in-game name please.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
Trackmania has its very own cheating scandal now, though its limited to previous games and not TM2020 (for now)

A Trackmania Grand League participant (riolu) has been accused in the report.

The report part 1: https://donadigo.github.io/tmx1 part 2: https://donadigo.github.io/tmx2

Abx0r fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 20, 2021

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Slowing down the game to go faster. heh

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
It's also possible to do that in TM2020, it's just not clear whether it has been done because the replay format is different, possibly encrypted and they were not able to analyse it.

The data is quite convincing. Also, fun fact: Riolu drove the Trackmania Turbo Super Trackmaster medals, which may also be cheated, seeing how he made use of it so much! That would mean the cheated times are part of the game release.

I'm surprised there aren't more, because there was a huge network of account sharing and other sketchy stuff around Techno. A few of them are mentioned but there are many more. But they did only investigate the top 20 I believe, so probably more will surface.

Would be nice to have the TMF solo ladder cleaned up a bit if Nadeo actually deletes the cheated times.

It is impossible in online servers though, so it cannot have been done in the Grand League itself or any such thing. So it's not like Riolu is not a very fast driver, but he did build his fanbase and fame upon having all these records and being able to break them quickly.

Entropist fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 21, 2021

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
1 year Club Access is 20% off, 3 years is 25% off right now. Another 20% using the promo code LEGEND20 and another 20% off if you have 100 ubisoft coins or whatever they call them. Sale ends June 2nd.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The inevitable is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDUdGvgmKIw

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
This poo poo is going places, yo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAaVRKnb7zk
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srn4r4

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Art. Better than a Wirtual documentary.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
Two people have applied to join the club: TCA_Tobilix and CMC.Zooz

If you are one of these people please tell me so I can accept you into the club.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Abx0r posted:

CMC.Zooz

It is me! I finally paid money for the game because the discounts were big enough. Haven't actually gotten around to playing yet though.

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!

Entropist posted:

It is me! I finally paid money for the game because the discounts were big enough. Haven't actually gotten around to playing yet though.

You are in! Now I await you destroying all my times :(

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I nolifed the first few training maps, fear my times!

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
Trackmania update out now! New blocks added: Water, Plastic Blocks, Animated Blocks. New multiplayer mode: Royal

Royal Mode is basically Trackmania Fall Guys with 3 player teams and its great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0t_YA1WCc

Abx0r fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 12, 2021

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Ah, they copy-pasted Shootmania Royal to TN? Glad they managed to achieve so much in the past year of development with all that subscription money!

I was hoping for, like, some new environments or something.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Entropist posted:

I was hoping for, like, some new environments or something.

Like what? It's currently flexible enough to do most of anything, from stadium, to dirt, to snow, to outer space, to cyberpunk...

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Like something where you don't just understeer around and have to actually make an effort to keep grip and avoid sliding out, as in every other classic TrackMania environment except Stadium.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
I’ve been playing a bunch of this lately and having a blast. Has anyone else here been playing much ranked? On paper I thought it looked silly and didn’t bother with it until this weekend but it’s been pretty fun, especially now that I’m at a rank where the matches are decently competitive.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

royal is fun. the only problem is once you know the trick on the maps most of them are easy to beat. but all the weird new blocks should be great for custom maps

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
New Campaign is out, its pretty good.

Happy with my performance during the Spring Campaign even though I got bored and stopped playing it a month ago. 3rd Texas, 34th US, 55th NA, 790th World, All Author Medals

https://imgur.com/SYKEo78

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
4k global for me which I was happy with, still sad I never got the AT on 25 though :(

New season maps seem good so far, and drat they all look great with the new blocks. Neat to see a lot of them inspired by TMNF maps too.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
Been grinding out all the ATs and I want to complain about how often there's a checkpoint after the turn-in point for a corner so there's no way to try out and practice different lines through the corners without a full restart. Ok I have complained now, thank you for reading.

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

Applied as W_0_0_T. This is the first Trackmania game I have ever played. Only 18 years late to the party!

It's a nice chill game. So far, I am oscillating between loving it and hating it. I know there probably is some trick to controlling the car on ice, but I categorically refuse to play ice maps for now. :colbert:

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!

w00tles posted:

Applied as W_0_0_T. This is the first Trackmania game I have ever played. Only 18 years late to the party!

It's a nice chill game. So far, I am oscillating between loving it and hating it. I know there probably is some trick to controlling the car on ice, but I categorically refuse to play ice maps for now. :colbert:

Accepted you into the club.

The trick to ice is to turn and then countersteer while continuing to accelerate to slide around a turn. You can tap brake to extend a turn farther as well. However, if you gear up during an ice slide you'll lose the slide and crash.

Useful video for beginners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tkVQ2uL7Iw

Abx0r fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Aug 26, 2021

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
w00tles did you accidentally leave the club and reapply and I didn't notice or did trackmania screw up and not recognize that I accepted you into the club? cause I definitely let you into the club before... whatever, you are back in.

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

Abx0r posted:

w00tles did you accidentally leave the club and reapply and I didn't notice or did trackmania screw up and not recognize that I accepted you into the club? cause I definitely let you into the club before... whatever, you are back in.

I got accepted, I just did a dumb misclick for unknown reasons and left it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abx0r
Jan 12, 2007
Objection!
New Season starts today, wall-hit acceleration penalty is now a lot less horrible. Also if you have club you can now click on names in the records to automatically spec anyone's ghost on the top leaderboards instead of having to play the Free Cam alt+click mini-game.