Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
It was followed by radio ready emo, watered down indie and now whatever the hell modern rock radio is, so I'm gonna go ahead and remember it as a much better era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

dstyle posted:

nah, we already had emo in the mid-late 00s so we're good for at least another 10 years before we get babies crying to circus music again

Grimes would bear to differ.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Never thought I would live long enough to see The SA Forums turn against Tooliohead.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

paid money to post posted:

Why bother when this exists? It would only be holding a candle to sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw11scGp4MA

Serious answer is... I think it's mostly evolved into industrial metal / rap. Death grips, Dälek, Clipping, Blackie all caps with spaces, etc. More industrial (and noise) influences than strictly metal. Sometimes, they even have actual rappers! Clipping is the band of "That One Guy Who Was In Hamilton."

It feels like 90% of modern rappers seem to like to talk about how much Rage Against the Machine and Korn influenced them, so I guess today's hip hop is just nu metal after everyone realized that they didn't need 19 string Ibanez endorsements after all.