Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's "maize" you colonialist bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What was that nu metal band with the song about fisting? All I remember is has some of the worst guitar playing I've ever heard.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You know, every time I see one of these terrible clips from the 2000s posted it makes me think: This is someone's favorite song from their favorite band and they're not ashamed of it. I'm jealous of that person. They know what it truly means to live an unpretentious life.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

piratepilates posted:

That's me with Limp Bizkit songs (only the hits!) and yeah it's great, it's very freeing when you stop caring how technically good something is and start enjoying it for Fred Durst's shrill white guy angst raps. You only get one life, don't live it trying to fit in with how bad people think Limp Bizkit is (they're bad!)

Well bless your heart mister and good luck in rehab!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I quite like the band "Tool".

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I found a thing on youtube from this thread and that's that there's a genre of video that is basically "x reacts to heavy metal song" with vocal coach and black person being the two most common values for X. The entire thing just exists to validate middle aged white guys music tastes. It's really cool.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's this in real life and you know what that's fine we could all do with a little bit of encouragement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIJD5OA4y0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Eh, if anything they are one the chief progenitors of it along with Faith No More, Suicidal Tendencies, etc. As this thread shows its a really weird genre in that for some people its "any metal band from 1996-2004 and for others its way more drilled down to a more specific definition.

I saw some chart and literally every top metal song from 1994-2010 was nu metal. From 2010 onward it was all loving Megadeath or Black Sabbath.