Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

With a bright blended drink in his hand, Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. slowly paced around his new spacious office, inspecting the immaculate polysealing job in the microscopic seams between the walls' holoprojector plates.

"I don't know how you did it, Viquesha, but this office is a boy genius' dream come true!" He crowed into the comms device embedded in his jaw, "No, thank you for all the strings you must have pulled, all those wheels you must have greased, and all the backs you must have scratched just to get little ol' me back down here at headquarters! I simply wouldn't be here if it weren..."

"Why, I told you already at the fundraiser, Viquy - no, I'm not being coy," Dr. Wiley rounded on the caller, getting adamant. "He just showed up on my doorstep one day asking if 'my estate needed a bodyguard,' just as pitiful as a zoner orphan. What was I supposed to do, with that head-cannon of his pointed right at me? He was already on my doorstep after having breached through my security systems without a peep from my alarms, so I offered him a job right there on the spot. I'm dead serious!"

Dr. Wiley approached his brand new, sleek and streamlined office chair and took a slow, appreciative seat within, nestling deep into the luxurious black cushions of the chairs' backrest.

"(Ah~! that's nice.) Yeah - honestly, it saved us a lot of time not having to actually recruit from the Zones directly... despite that whole prison outreach campaign we were running. I mean, the good PR was worth itself."

Dr. Wiley paused and listened to the voice on the other end of the line while taking a sip from his drink through a frivolously festive straw.

"(Mm that's refreshing-) Well, of course, you and Stevey-boy had his paperwork handled after he passed the Wrexam... right, the amnesia story."

Dr. Wiley's stared off at the distant wall, suddenly appreciating the blank space he had all to himself.

"No, I don't think he's lying - at least, I believe that he believes it, if you catch my drift."

Dr. Wiley took another long sip from his drink in order to mull over his next words more carefully.

"Whoever he is, I think he's our best shot at keeping Cosmiq in the running this Heap, and I can drink to that."

"Cheers, big ears," Cosmiq's Director of Sponsor Affairs said into his comms, and he lifted his drink in a salute before signing off.

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. grimly shook his head as he took a long, deep slurp from his decorative straw until a gurgling sound began.

Portrait:
Theo Reticule, Rookie Junker
HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 00 Luxe: 000
DR: DR1 HazDR: Poison 0 // Rad 0 // Burn 0 // Freeze 0 // Warp 0
Belt Tokens: 3 Air // 3 Med // 3 Power // 0 Buff
Hazard Tokens: 0 Poison // 0 Rad // 0 Burn // 0 Freeze // 0 Warp // 0 Spore // 0 Infest // 0 Break
Cyber [2/5]: Spinal Array (+1 Scan Range.) // Rigspike (A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.)
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer (1d4/5 Melee)
Armor: CS Armor 1 (+1 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility: AdrenoMAX (+1 Damage when Power Attacking.)
Familiars [1/2]: Autofalconoid (Collects items from remote hexes when deployed.)
Consumables: none // Items: none // Notes: none.

Cyber Roll: 1d20 2 - Spinal Array Cyber
Cipher Roll: 1d10 5 1d20 16 1d20 8 - Autofalconoid, AdrenoMAX, and Rigspike Cyber

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Theo Reticule, Rookie Junker
HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 00 Luxe: 000
DR: DR1 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 3 Air // 3 Med // 2 Power // 0 Buff
Hazard Tokens: none
Cyber [2/5]: Spinal Array (+1 Scan Range.) // Rigspike (A Power Attack against a synthetic unit may be changed to x/Disable3.)
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer (1d4/5 Melee)
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 1 (+1 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [1/2]: AdrenoMAX (+1 Damage when Power Attacking.)
Familiars [1/2]: Autofalconoid (Collects items from remote hexes when deployed.)

The dog-faced Wrecker named Theophilharmonic Johannes Reticule, known affectionately as 'Theo' Reticule among his corporate employers at Cosmiq and Wrecking Crew LTD, had a terrible secret he would take to his grave.

In this dog-eat-dog world, Theo instinctively knew, there was only one thing that made a demi-human grunt like him stand out to the important personas who actually held enough sway to make a difference in life, and that thing was brand loyalty. If anything, Theo was loyal to his brand to a fault, and his brand was Cosmiq Pharmaware.

In the recent business cycles, Cosmiq had vastly expanded their suite of personal regenerative products, including but not limited to adding (functional!) nano-repair capabilities to their pluripotent medifluids, intended for use on cybernetic enhancements and even synthetics with the right attachments. It was pretty amazing, and Theo was proud to be representing their highly profitable medical and media successes on the Decree's most popular holocast murdersport.

When Wrecking Crew's Aeropath Union Representative contacted Theo about their members accepting bids for their upcoming services, Theo tugged on his collar, grimacing, and deferred to his Sponsor-Servitor at Cosmiq, Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr., for input. When he was brought up to speed on the Aeropaths' sanctioned shakedown, Dr. Wiley balked and threw out a few Luxe figures (including zero) without regard, so Theo instead went with his gut.

Theo hurriedly swiped a clipped nail over his comms' tactile interface and made an offer for the Aeropaths that seemed fairest.

z0Ne=[1d4=Y?] // BiD=[2d6+3=X?]Luxe

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 17, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

#12 - Theo Reticule, Rookie Junker
HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Luxe: -008
DR: DR1 0 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 3 Power // 3 Air // 0 Scrap
Hazard Tokens: 1 Break
Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk.
Weapons [1/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee)
Utility [1/2]: AdrenoMAX (Loaded. +1 Damage when Power Attacking. Reload for 1 Scrap)
Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid (1 HP, 1 Power. ACT+Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)

Listen Along: Under Pressure - Queen with David Bowie

Theo Reticule roused from the false slumber of heavy sedatives to the trippy sensation of being violently shaken and stirred at the same time. He was in tight quarters, practically bolted in place into a cushioned plasteel chair fitted with thick restraints that squeezed him just a little too tight for comfort. He felt vaguely sick, like he'd gorged on chocolate beforehand. His mind was reeling as he was spun, shook, and vibrated in his chair. His teeth chattered in his skull, and his spinal array's signal flared in bits and starts. Was he going to die? What did it matter? He took another pull on the pod's respirator for a quick hit of fleeting euphoria before it all went down...

All of a sudden, the small, closet-sized world around Theo lurched catastrophically as it slammed into something hard and thick and far larger than itself and bounced in the air, slamming once again into a solid surface and rolling chaotically to a stop.

Theo knew in the back of his mind that he should be nauseous from all the random jolting and spinning, but there was also something that he had smelled in the cocktail the Aeropaths had given him that told him that he was not supposed to give a single flying fig right now about anything, and frankly he was fine with that.

When the world finally stopped swirling, Theo found himself lying on his back, staring at a sealed doorway just in front of him. There was a loud bang and a hiss of escaping air followed by a semi-distant thud, and when Theo opened his eyes suddenly the door was gone.

Theo took a whiff of the breathable atmosphere outside with his demicanine senses... it smelled amazing out there! So much fresh meat...

Caught in a distant, bewildered, haze, Theo felt his mouth watering before he snapped to attention. Was he sinking?

Suddenly it all came to Theo: this was a deployment pod, he was on Wrecking Crew, and he needed to leave! He scrambled to unbuckle his restraints and to cinch on the armor that must have gotten busted in the landing. Gosh - where was he, exactly?

Like a man-sized meerkat, Theo poked his head out from his landing pod and surveyed the scene set before him. Meat and bone-walled caverns as far as the eye could see! Theo's one-way landing craft had apparently mired itself in the shallows of some greasy meat-bog, and it was inexorably sinking deeper into the oily muck.

The teal-skinned dog-man grabbed a large egg-shaped bundle and his trusty Unbalanced K-Hammer, "Rusty," and strode with purpose to drier and more solid... ground.

Movement: 124 -> 113 (If allowed, broadcast at 2-hex radius: "#12 to 113.")

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 12, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Junker: Salvaging yields +1 Scrap. May Salvage as a FreeACT. Power Attacks gain +Junk.
Utility [1/2]: AdrenoMAX (Loaded. +1 Damage when Power Attacking. Reload for 1 Scrap)
Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 1 Power. ACT+Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)
Consumables: none // Items: none // Notes: Exclusive Wrecker of Magitek Mafia.

Listen Along: Beans - Beans Freestyle (Ratatat Remix)

As he trudged through the shin-deep, greasy meat-marsh with his K-Hammer "Rusty" balanced on his shoulder and a large robotic egg tucked under his arm, the dog-boy Wrecker Theo Reticule felt something buzzing in the back of his mind.

Strange - he thought he'd turned off his comms' cranial vibration settings... that landing must have jostled something serious inside his skull's cybernetics.

A flashy animated alert appeared within the corner of his visor - at first, it looked almost like an ancient, pre-Collapse popup ad.

Oh... it was Magitek Mafia! Theo vaguely recalled that the shady deal-making megacorp had been that Hiver-Horrific Apiary Anne's Sponsor back in the last season of Wrecking Crew, RISE. She hadn't made it to the very end, of course (only Talcum B. Buzzem had), but Magitek's own brand awareness with the teeming masses had skyrocketed to a global scale as a result. Their Magic Beanz recipe was a closely-guarded trade secret, and vats of the stuff could be found worldwide in all sorts of sports, wargames, and athletics facilities.

They were a Good Brand, with very lucrative business models, and Theo always wanted to be a loyal wrecker to a Good Brand. Furthermore, Theo's mentor at Cosmiq Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. would likely approve of their business union, and in the end benefiting Cosmiq was all that really mattered...

While his legalese e-reader scanned the triple-fine print in the Sponsor contract (eventually coming back with 37 cautionary legal prompts on the first page alone), Theo waded up onto a dry, lumpy outcropping of meat-turf that jutted out from the grease swamp and set down his metal egg.

Within a couple clicks, growls, and taps, Theo was past the permissions-granting steps of the agreement and ready to log on to his Magitek Mafia services account.

"First things first -" Theo said to the camera drones that had gathered around him. "My name is Theo Reticule, and as Cosmiq's entrant into Wrecking Crew this season I hereby officially accept Magitek Mafia's offer for an Exclusive contract. May our brands' union grow strong!"

Theo pumped a fist in the air as a sign of solidarity.

"Secondly, as per our agreement, I will hereby officialize section 2b-3q of our contract by naming my 'firstborn' after a famous wizard."

Theo Reticule pressed the button on top of the metal egg and the articulated shell folded back to reveal the mechanical body of an Autofalconoid.

"Arise, Merlin!"

The synthetic bird let out a metallic screech from its robo-beak to acknowledge its new designation and fluttered onto Theo's shoulder with a flap of its nanoweave wings.

> Theo accepts the Exclusive Sponsorship offer from Magitek Mafia!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 1 Power. ACT+1Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)

Listen Along: 10th Ave - K. Flay

As he power-strode his way up the slope of the greasy shore in his heavy Junker kit and gear, Theo Reticule's head began to swim. He could felt the Mauve Horizon that the Aeropaths had doped him with passing through his Biledriver Livermatic and getting slowly filtered and neutralized into gentler, mildly cleaner drugs. He hiccuped suddenly with a start in such a way that he made a squeaky yip and bounced on his heels.

How was he this drunk right now?

"Ugh." Theo slapped a gloved mitt across his helmet's visor and swiped down, staggering slightly. "What even IS this stuff?"

"Shure would be nice if they... comp'nshated for my doggerel me-ness! Augh..."

He hiccuped again, this time with more violent glottis-clenching, with such strength that It practically knocked him off his feet and sent him stumbling into a tower of scrap metal and leftover junk piles among the oversized polyps.

"Oh, sho sorry Merlin," Theo said to the robotic bird of prey perched loyally on his shoulder. "I'm just havin' m'self a spell, y'know..."

He hiccuped again. As he leaned up against the massive heap of spent meat and metals, Theo closed his eyes and tried to focus on not getting the spins.

When he opened his eyes, he saw a trio of floating, transparent, bio-luminescent eel creatures using their sucker-mouths to siphon medi-juice, power, water and air from his pack.

"Oh, no no no no! Raugh!" Theo roared, shaking and yanking the Ribbon Skates off his armor with his gloved hands. "Don't you dare!"

Theo rose steadily onto his own two feet and lifted his Unbalanced K-Hammer "Rusty" up high, as a warning gesture.

"You're going to have to catch me first!" he said, and the dog-man scampered around the base of the precariously-piled tower of junk.

Drunk as he may be, Theo had a plan in mind to get rid of these pernicious and persistent flying parasites. He just needed to lure these Ribbon Skates closer...

Encounter:
> Improvise vs the Ribbon Skates: 1d6 1 - Junk Towers
> Junk Tower vs three Ribbon Skates: 3#1d6 1 5 6 - 2 hits: Skates 2 and 3 take 5 damage each!

Sponsors: Test, test, check... checking, one, two. Okay, I've got this soundspace set up. This is where I'll try to livestream my thoughts and keep my wishlist updated for you Sponsors out there, especially to those listening in at Magitek Mafia! Before we get too hasty with planning delivery ideas though let's wait and see how things shake out for the other Wreckers first... Merlin may become a rather busy robo-bird soon!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 00 Luxe: -003
DR: DR 0 -> 1 HazDR: none
Belt Tokens: 2 Med // 3 Power // 2 Air
Hazard Tokens: 1 -> 0 Break
Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 1 Power. ACT+1Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)

Listen Along: All Alone - Gorillaz

Theo Reticule sighed with relief. He and his hammer "Rusty" had seen to it that the tower of heavy junk had properly fallen on top of the triple needling threats. The three Ribbon Skates that had snuck up on him and snacked off of his suit's resources were defeated! Finally, he was alone - at least for now. The dog-like Wrecker cocked his head to check on his enviro-suit's meter levels just to verify the damage that had been done. The snakey suckers had gotten into his medi-fluid stash, siphoned some of his air, and drained some of his blood! It wasn't the end of the world for Theo, but it wasn't an ideal start...

Overcome with a wash of relaxants to override his jolt of adrenaline, Theo blinked the bleariness out of his eyes and tried to make his suit's diagnostic holo readout focus from the blurry doubles they were currently into the numbers, letters, and figures he could actually understand. What had these diagrams originally been saying before?

Strange - Theo must have moved on from the lofty, mostly-drunk stage of the drugs' comedown to an unsettling disassociative level.

"I need to get out of my armor..." Theo murmured to himself, fumbling for the clasps of his CS-1 Armor.

The suit snapped loose and popped off in heavy interlocked segments as Theo breathed heavily with concentration. His Combat Suite 1 Armor had gotten banged up pretty good in the pod's landing, and it was that very damage to the armor that had allowed the fluid-sapping Ribbon Skates to steal as much from Theo as they had.

"So so so, ssssso!" Theo yammered. "You need a fixing! Where izz that Wrecker Wrepair kit..."

As he fumbled around with his kitbags, searching his body again and again for the toolbox and spinning in circles, Theo got distracted by something he saw in the Wrecking Crew livefeeds playing in the corners of his visor.

By some canine instinct, he sniffed the air. Someone was near. Interesting...

Without having found his Wrecker Wrepair kit, Theo grabbed a flat sheet of metal, knelt down onto the meaty ground with a squish, and started - lightly, gently - tapping out the dents in his CS Armor with Rusty, his Unbalanced K-Hammer.

As he got into his work, Theo started speaking into his comms unit.

"Ahoy-hoy, fellow, um sapients? This is Wrecker number twelve, Theo Reticule, speaking. I saw - er, wait..."

He then set his comms device onto the local open Wrecker channels, then started over again.

(To any Wreckers I've DM'd in the past 24 hours, plus Sponsors:)
"Ahoy-hoy, fellow, um sapient? This is Wrecker number twelve, Theo Reticule, speaking. I saw - uh, on the livefeeds - that you're in my Comms range, so I'm testing this channel out. Lemme know if you want to... 'meat' up."
"That was a pun, by the way. Don't kill me, please - let's be allies instead. I'll be at 113 for the next tick, too, soo... if you wanna beef or wanna become the next greatest combo meal with yours truly, stop on by..."

Theo wouldn't notice the single Ribbon Skate squirming its way out from under a giant slab of overturned meats and spears of metal until it was too late.

Action:
> FullACT: Theo repairs his CS Armor to remove his 1 Break token (DR 0 -> 1)!
> FamiliarACT: Theo sends out his Autofalconoid familiar Merlin to retrieve something!
> Autofalconoid vs Ribbon Skate Corpse (if invalid target, target the weapon of the Wrecker at the Rig Silo and leave a note): 1d8 5 - Success!
> If there would need to be an additional roll to see if the Autofalconoid would bring back a Rekt Ribbon item, (if possible) please process the Ribbon Skate corpse into a Med unit instead of making that 1d6 roll.
> If Autofalconoid is instead sent to take B.A. Elsewhere's Mr. Stinger at the Rig Silo, please have Autofalconoid drop off the following note for them: "Come to 113 and I will return this - #12"

Sponsors: Well well well, if it isn't you, my favorite audience-people! I'm uh... kinda feeling a little swirly right now, if you catch my catching. Cat-ching. Like I feel sweaty and panting just makes me more lightheaded! Anyway - I'm gonna sit tight for a mo' to get my bearings and see if I can't find a teammate soon... Oh! In the future, I may need you guys to send me a Heal Drone or a Med Unit on a drone - either/or! We'll just hafta see...

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 15, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 00 Luxe: -003
DR: DR 1 HazDR: none
Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 0 Power. ACT+1Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)

Listen Along: Time Keeps On Slipping - Deltron 3030

An amount of time passed for Theo Reticule as he worked on straightening out his armor with the help of Rusty, his Unbalanced K-Hammer. For any other person, the time that he spent working on his armor could be described as a sobering experience, but Theophilharmonic Johannes Reticule was anything but. Though he'd listened carefully for some stray human-like noises in the radio static for a few minutes, a response from the aether was still yet to come on the comms channels he'd broadcast on. After enough time listening to nothing but empty static, Theo turned on his helmet's (GEN-recommended) TuneZEN and got into a groove working while listening to a channel he liked to wreck to called #mercnmedia. He liked to keep it real.

Just to keep his newly-hatched smart-pet busy, Theo sent his Autofalconoid Merlin off to deliver a note to a particular Wrecker that he knew to be in the area, and he had also ... huh. Perhaps he'd given Merlin the the order to "borrow" the Wrecker's weapon if it looked like she didn't need it any more, which - considering the fact that the multifeeds were showing this particular wrecker assembling a rig for herself - it looked like she didn't need a Mr. Stinger after all. Regardless, Theo had hit the button for the cool looking gun of hers on her chart and then 'YES' without thinking about it, but before he let the robo-bird leave on its new mission Theo'd had the foresight to have Merlin clasp a digital message tag within its metal beak. He instructed the automated avian to drop the message if it succeeded, a message which had read: "Come to XXX and I will return this - #12."

Just as Theo was putting the finishing touches on his armor plates' reassembly, Merlin returned, its beak and its claws noticeably bent out of shape.

"Find something too hard-plated for you to handle?" he called to the bird, amused by its non-life-threatening cosmetic changes. "Come on and lessee if we can't straighten those claws back out..."

The robotic bird landed awkwardly on Theo's shoulder, trying its programmed best not to puncture its owner's unarmored suit with its bent claws. It shuffled dutifully down onto Theo's left forearm bracer to be inspected on a more grapple-able surface.

"Not irrep - *hic* - perrable. Next time I'll send you aftra softer target, mm'kay? Good bird."

He patted the smart-bird on the head, and it refocused its irises on him in response.

As though life was searching to find a way ruin this tender moment, from the corner of his eye Theo saw the Ribbon Skate he'd failed to kill finally succeeding at squirming its way out of the pile of heavy junk, meat, and metal that had once trapped it.

"Oh cranberries!" Theo yelped, tossing Merlin into the air and getting up to grab Rusty. "I can't let you do that-"

But let it he did. The Ribbon Skate broke free from its weighted prison, zoomed past Theo's helmet before he could swing, and rushed upwards to the top of the meatchambers in the sky to nurse its wounds.

"Cripes!" Theo cursed, and he scrambled to don his freshly-repaired armor.

"We gotta find a hidey-hole to hunker in for a mo,' Merlin. That thing could be back soon!"'

Thankfully, the TuneZEN were still pumping in Theo's ear canals.

Movement:
> Stay -> AIM.

Sponsors: I can't believe it! Just when I thought I had this space to myself to search for scrap, one of those see-through suckers squirmed out of the junk pile I'd made for them to die under! How rude! Well, I'll probably have to kill this thing before it ambushes me in the future and steals more of my blood. These things simply do not give up chasing their prey and it's a kinda tragic example of parasitism in xeno-nature, really!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Heap 1:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

In his lavishly bare holo-enabled corporate office at the Cosmiq Headquarters Campus, Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. was engaged in a conversation with a work colleague while in the midst of futzing with with the office's nu-window display settings. While he toggled through the different options, the walls flicked between different digital wall adornments, curtains, and blinds designed for displaying views of the cityscape outside (or backdrops of elsewhere, if so desired), all curated for a maximally-pleasing aesthetic. No matter what setting he tried out, however, within seconds Dr. Wiley would try out another display configuration, as though he was searching for the golden needle of beauty in a haystack of ugly sticks.

"No see, I just don't understand what happened to the old way of doing windows. You know, tempered glass panes that let you look out over the cityscape from your office. You could open them and get some unfiltered air whenever you wanted."

Using his control devices from his desk, Dr. Wiley flipped past some wooden slat horizontal blinds to red velvet curtains that parted in the middle, all while listening to the other person on the line.

"True, that would be too tempting," Dr. Wiley resumed, "but they made it so highrisers couldn't just open the windows and jump, after a point."

He toggled through the rainbow of available colors and patterns for the curtains and made a clicking noise with his tongue when he couldn't find any he liked.

"Shame, really."

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. reset the walls to one of the pre-installed defaults: floor-to-ceiling windows with the Cosmiq logo as the reactive blinder tracking the sun's movement in the sky.

"So, I wanted to get you back for that Sponsor Sunday Restoration Initiative you sent my way - yeah, no, I think it's got to be a little too 'ancient history' to use the names from the old seven day work week, even though it worked out okay for civilization, for a couple centuries at least or whatever."

"No - No! I'm not saying the sun isn't deserving of worship!" Dr. Wiley said, staring at the Cosmiq logo blotting out the sun in his office's windows. "I'm just thinking, 'Shouldn't every day be Sponsor Sunday?'"

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. took the brief pause from his conversation partner as tacit agreement.

"Listen Greginaldo, I'm gonna let you mull that slogan over: 'Every day is Sponsor Sunday.' Lemme know what your people think about that on the next... Burgin' Blursday. Talk then."

Done making his point, Dr. Wiley hung up in that moment and kept gazing at where the sun should be, deep in thought.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 20, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 00 Luxe: -003 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 0 Power. ACT+1Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)
Consumables: none // Items: none // Notes: Boosted ACT.

Listen Along: I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges

Just as Theo Reticule thought he was going to have to leap out from hiding and jam on the Ribbon Skate's head with his unbalanced K-Hammer, a voice was broadcast over some nearby loudspeakers.

"Ahoy, thief-found-wanting." The smarmy feminine voice was distinct.

A loud, thunderous boom reported from just around the corner and the floating Skate was vaporized into translucent bioluminescent ribbon gibbets instantly.

Theo and Merlin cautiously poked their heads out from behind the pile of greasy junk they were using as shielding, to see who their savior was.

It was a rig - a standard chassis Gamma Enforcer that came from the southwest - that must be Bonnie-Anne Elsewhere!

"Care to learn how to filch proper-like? At the foot of a maestro, knowt?" The voice from the rig chided the dog-faced junker peeking at it.

The rig stomped its foot with a squelch as Bonny-Anne Elsewhere's laughter rung out over the external speakers.

Theo glanced over at his robo-pet Merlin perched on his shoulder, and his synth-bird with the bent beak returned the appraising look.

Theo emerged from hiding with a his K-Hammer slung over his shoulder while giving a big thumbs up to the rig-riding co-Wrecker. Despite being so obviously cowed by this rig-powered Wrecker, Theo's spinal array kept his spine from slouching.

"Nice shootymanning!" He called out to the armored giant.

Theo's desire to be amicable was palpable. It was a big rig.

"Y'get my note, mayhappz? I think my bird owes your rig an apology-like. And fr'real I'll take some pointers on shifting my grifting - I may be all doggo-brain sometimes but I've still got room for new tricks!" Theo said, and he pounded a fist on his chest armor.

With a rigjacker's flourish, Bonny-Anne Elsewhere popped her rig's hatch and gave Theo a mocking salute. In that moment, the dog-like man was briefly smitten with the dark and sarcastic woman, and a seed of canine loyalty was planted.

Encounter: (Bonny-Anne may peek)
> Boost ACT.

Sponsors: Whoah, baby, now we're cooking with gas! I mean... not like I should be putting this out on the airwaves (or on the brainwaves, for that matter), but when first I realized that it was Bonny-Anne Elsewhere that had showed up to my junk pile I briefly had a moment there where I envisioned her putting a collar around my neck and me barking like a dog for her. Weird, huh? The power of celebrity can do strange things to people, I guess?!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

"Oh - whelp, there goes the first one, Tomothy," Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. said into his comms unit while setting down his drink. "Crack some cases for the lads and ladies, I've got to go make Cosmiq's digital statement."

As he was laboring to get up from his chair with a fatherly grunt, Cosmiq's Director of Sponsorship Affairs in the Wrecker Investments Division was suddenly overcome with a desire not to hang up on the other person and actually listened to what they had to say for another moment longer. It was a question.

"Oh yeah, it's just something my son cooked up. No- yeah, Skipp Wiley Jr. (the second). - Yeah, he's coming along fine, growing up fast! I'm pretty proud of what he's done. I might just have an artist in the family!"

"Anyway, got to run." he said, before ending the call. He needed to focus on copy and pasting a link to a picture with sound his son had put online from their console at home. This could take hours.

OFFICIAL COSMIQ STATEMENT: https://i.imgur.com/kk1fuyZ.mp4

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 00 -> 02+ -> 01+ Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 2 -> 3 Med // 3 Power // 2 -> ? Air
Utility [1/2]: AdrenoMAX (Loaded. +1 Damage when Power Attacking. Reload: 1 Scrap)
Familiar [1/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 0 -> 1 Power. ACT+1Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)
Consumables: none // Items: none // Notes: Boosted ACT.

Listen Along: Let There Be Light - Justice

Theo Reticule snorted and shook his head to dispel an errant thought, and with that, Bonny-Anne Elsewhere's first impression was made to hold a high place in the back of Theo's lovesick puppy mind. He felt like he wanted to impress this sly lady and be her friend. Then, he hoped, at the very least, there would be one less person out there willing to betray him.

"Hey, uh, wouldn'a mind it if I recky the zone for scraps while you taken'a first watch? I'll be fast-like, with my snout and all."

Just then, Theo's ears perked up as he heard a the whining, whirring howls of synthetic pipes and metal grinding coming from the distance of CYST's digestive tracts, howling that sounded almost like hounds. He sniffed at the pungent, musty air and felt his hackles rise.

"Thos're Gristlegrinders, yo!" Theo exclaimed in revelation, he head whirling to face Bonny-Anne's. "Oh naw, ya gotta be jerkin' me red with flavorsauce! You didn't kill 'em yet, did you?"

Bonny-Anne's reaction was enough for Theo to get the whole picture.

"Well dang rig-lady, we don't have a lotta time, so-" Theo began.

The dog-faced Wrecker Theo cocked his head, assessed the situation, and then picked up his pace in searching the piles of junk strewn with Ribbon Skate guts for anything of value. He shared his ideas as he searched.

"I can hammer up an ambush site for us while I scrounge but you might need hide yer rig behind some of the bigger junk piles... Related: you done using this Drop Pod of yours? Might be some fine shinies salvageable in the siding, last I heard..."

Action: (Bonny-Anne may peek)
> FreeACT: Boosted Salvage of hex contents [1x Ribbon Skate (killed this round), 2x Ribbon Skates (killed last round), 1x Drop Pod (crashed last round)], picking up at least 2 Scrap (from the Junker talent), one Med token from the Ribbon Skate corpse, an Air token from the Drop Pod (only if available), and attempting a single 1d6 lootroll against the Ribbon Skate corpse(s) from the Boost.
> FullACT: Theo sets an ambush!
> FamiliarACT: Theo sets his Autofalconoid familiar Merlin to recharge its 1 Power unit!
> FreeACT.Swap: Theo gives Bonny-Anne 1 Scrap from his Salvage!

Sponsors: Hey Magitek Mafia and friends - thanks for stopping by! I might have a lot on my plate right now what with Bonny-Anne Elsewhere bringing all her rabid chainsaw-dogs to my junk-pile's doorstep, but at the very least I should be making you all proud that I'm still alive and still gristlegroovin' on out here! Cheers, y'all!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 23, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 01 Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 3 Power // 3 Air
Utility [1/2]: AdrenoMAX (Loaded. +1 Damage when Power Attacking. Reload: 1 Scrap)
Consumables: none // Items: Biological Sample // Notes: none

Listen Along: Lite Weight (feat. The Free Nationals United Fellowship Choir) - Anderson .Paak

The dog-faced Wrecker Theo Reticule left the banged-up drop pod that once delivered Bonny-Anne Elsewhere to CYST with a mildly disappointed look on his face.

"Nattyballz, there's nothing scrappin' here," he declared dejectedly. "They makin' these from a diff scratch compared to last season's wreckords, s'fars I can tell."

Theo noticed that Bonny-Anne hadn't made any progress in covering up her rig in the junk he'd strewn about for their ambush, and she was instead tending to an injury she'd gotten earlier. He was about to say something about it-

"Hey, uh, Bonny-" Theo started.

As soon as Bonny-Anne's gaze met his, Theo suddenly thought twice about questioning the rigjacker's judgement in these matters. She knew her rig, and besides, the Gristlegrinders were probably zeroing in on her using systems that could detect her and her rig's signals through a thin layer of garbage and meat heaped on top of it...

"-Anne, look what I found!" Theo adjusted, holding up a container with a precious biological sample trapped inside.

"I've got some scrap shares I can spare too," he said, dragging his haul over to her.

Ever the genteel dog-person, Theo let Bonny-Anne take the first pick of the spoils as they hunkered down together and prepared for the Gristlegrinders to show.

Movement: (Bonny-Anne may peek)
> Stay -> AIM.

Sponsors: Heya Magitek Mafia - sorry to ask a favor like this, but in the interest of acting fast while the opportunity is still there; get me the following as soon as you receive your next Sponsor stipend:
> Fabrikit on Healdrone to Theo / Bonny-Anne (Heal Theo and if possible set up Fabrikit on Bonny-Anne instead of Theo) - 26 Luxe (10 Magitek, 15 WRF, 1 Theo)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 01 Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 3 Med // 3 -> 2 Power // 3 -> 2 Air

Listen Along: Canned Heat - Jamiroquai

The scent of toxic methane reached Theo Reticule's nostrils, and instantly the dog-boy's sharpened canine senses informed the human side of him that he wanted to retch.

"Masks up! We got some Bad Gas incoming." Theo barked to Bonny-Anne, as though he was giving the orders around here instead of sharing friendly advice.

Staring out across the waste fill they were hunkered down in, Theo started to pull deep, long breaths of his oxygen tank to calm his nerves before the enemy finally arrived. Those Gristlegrinders were prowling nearby, Theo knew it without a reasonable doubt.

Theo's ears perked up at noise. Something was coming to their particular pile of junk out here among the junk-strewn grease marshes.

The sound of footsteps approached fast, splashing through puddles of fat... it betrayed a bipedal gait, meaning it wasn't that of a cyborg attack dog. A mutant, perhaps? Theo braced himself for whatever it was that might appear.

Just before Theo could get a look good look at whatever it was approaching, a beastly purple Dropper landed down right next to Theo's hiding spot and took aim at the approaching figure with a cruel-looking lightning thrower.

It was the special target, the Drop Tardigraider from the Wrecking Crew Announcements! That crazy-dangerous sentient bear-thing must be following... Ra Maximum was here?! What luck! The pink-skinned Wrecker must have gotten Theo's broadcast after all!

Theo didn't pause to contemplate the appearance of this dangerous target, instead he crept forward with his hammer "Rusty" until he got well within power-charge range.

The Unbalanced K-Hammer thrummed in Theo's hands as he powered up his suit's reactive gyros and charged his prey, knocking the Drop Tardigraider's proverbial socks off and sending the purple people-eater bouncing brokenly off the fleshy walls beyond. Theo marked the body's landing site and turned to witness the rest of the carnage playing out.

From what he could see, the Gristlegrinders were chasing after Ra Maximum and angling after Bonny-Anne in her Gamma Enforcer, which she'd stood back up to its full height to make a shot.

Thinking fast, Theo started swinging his Unbalanced K-Hammer Rusty at the various loose piles of scrap and garbage tissue around him, sending chunks of debris flying at the three hellion hounds to blind and distract them.

Encounter:
> Ambush: Aimed Power Attack with Unbalanced K-Hammer vs Drop Tardigraider!: 1d8 6 - Hit! 5 damage +Junk +Break, -1 Power and -1 Air units!
> Encounter: Suppress remaining non-Wrecker enemies

Sponsors: Oh hey, it looks like that Sponsor-bot Gu$tav beat us to the punch, eh Magitek Mafia? Well, let's save up for something good anyway! I've been thinking about kitting myself out in some experimental armors. I've just got to get some income first! After that Tardigraider kill, a stipend should hopefully be coming your way!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 28, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3 -> 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 06 -> 08+ -> 04+ Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 3 -> 1 Med // 2 Power // 2 -> 1 Air
Weapons [2/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee)

Listen Along: This is the Remix - Girl Talk

Still jamming along to his tunes on his #mercnmedia TuneZEN channel, Theo Reticule busted into a groovin' shuffle slamming piles of trash through the fetid air at the gristlegrinders with his Unbalanced K-Hammer Rusty. As he swung away, he watched the cyborg attack dogs all fall to the two other Wreckers in real time. One gristlegrinder took a devastating hit to the center mass from Bonnie-Anne's Gamma Enforcer riot cannon, and the other two gristlegrinders were thoroughly buried under a junk-laden wave of necrotic tissue that spilled from an organic rupture in the wall started by Ra Maximum. The returning stunt-Wrecker casually surfed down the sloughing meat spillage on his mundane space boots and slid to a halt on the greasy meat-swamp.

"That was totino amazemalls, Ra! Ra Maximum, everybody!" Theo cheered, clapping his heavy durashock gloves. The battle was finished, thanks to Ra.

Theo slung his K-hammer on his pack's back and then danced and shimmied his way over to where he saw the Dropper land. What Theo found inside the Dropper's packs included piles of Scrap and a Handgunner Helper, a special sort of pistol that fired Wrecking Crew-approved Assist Flares.

"Score!" he reported, bopping his head to the TuneZEN beat.

Theo holstered the gun and bagged the scrap into three portions and turned around to see Ra Maximum staring at him with a baleful gaze.

"Hhrhhhh..." the Wrecker hissed. The Bad Gas must be getting to him. "Wrecker number twelve. Here at the center of everything."

The pink man's wizened eyes flicked aside from behind his mask and scanned what little remained of the Dropper.

"I will not kill you, no," stated Ra. He nodded, saluted and moved on. There: like that, he and Theo were Wrecker allies.

Slightly perturbed by the spooky interaction, the dog-man Junker Theo issued an order to his Autofalconoid and resumed searching the Tardigraider for any other hidden goods, and while he searched, he scanned the Wreckfeeds to get an idea of what the other Wreckers were up to. As he walked back to the camp, Theo gave his assessment to his co-Wrecker teammates:

"So: Wreckfeeds're showin' me: #1, #14, and #7 are krewing together, a couple clicks away from the map-west Strato-Cradle. Numbers 5 and 6 are palling around somewhere elsewise. Veteran Wreckman Talcum Bee Buzzen made it to the Fabric8r, and Wrecker #8's just appeared at the Rig Silo."

"Advise..?" Theo said over the local comms, just as he noticed that Ra Maximum had apparently blown a fuse in his cybernetics just ahead.

Twin stacks of superhot metals protruded from the base of Ra Maximum's skull, and the Wrecker seemed to be frozen in place.

Theo waved a hand in front of Ra Maximum's face and got no reaction. He looked to Bonny-Anne and shrugged. Rather than bother the Wrecker - who was clearly locked in some kind of emergency cooling cycle - Theo took a bag with some scrap from his haul in it and tied it around the frozen Wrecker's wrist so that he wouldn't miss the gift when he booted back up again.

As he hustled his way over to Bonny-Anne and her rig, Theo took deep draws from his air tanks and permitted his suit to begin repairing the damage done by the Ribbon Skates to his suit and his body.

Action: (Bonny-Anne and Ra Maximum may peek)
> FamiliarACT: Theo sends out his Autofalconoid familiar Merlin to retrieve something in 102!
> Autofalconoid vs DPM Pistol or else another Autofalconoid in 102: 1d8 1 - Miss!
> FreeACT: Theo salvages the hex contents [1x Drop Tardigraider, 3x GristleGrinders], receiving 2+X Scrap and making a Lootroll vs the Drop Tardigraider corpse!
> Lootroll vs Drop Tardigraider (plus three GristleGrinders): 1d6+3 7 - Success!
> FreeACT.Swap.Conditional: If Theo loots a weapon from the Tardigraider (putting Theo over kit limits), Theo swaps his Handgunnr Helpr to Ra Maximum!
> FreeACT.Swap: Theo swaps 2 Scrap to Ra Maximum & swaps 2 Scrap to Bonny-Anne!
> FullACT: Theo Heals, using 2 Med units to restore 2 HP (-2 Med units, -1 Air unit, 3 -> 5/5 HP)!

Sponsors: So I'm thinking, Magitek Mafia - does it make sense for you to make a Sponsor Challenge that you think me, Bonny-Anne, and/or Ra Maximum could reasonably complete in the next couple rounds? Would that be too, uh, corrupt of an ask? I don't exactly know where the line gets drawn with you guys! Magitek Mafia has 10 Luxe, enough to buy a new Challenge slot and make a Challenge that we could complete in the next round, and you'd get 5L back. Alternatively, if you get your Stipend soon without making a new Challenge, you'll have 20 Luxe and I'll have 2... which is almost enough to afford a shipment of some Experimental Combat Suite Armor!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 29, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Podima posted:

Creative "Rebranding" - Create and submit a new logo for the Magitek Mafia... that is still recognizably the Magitek Mafia's logo.

Theo looked at the commemorative Magitek Mafia keychain he'd been given as part of his joining package. Had Magitek's logo-tag always been so hypnotic?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 05 Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 2 Power // 1 Air
Weapons [2/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee) // Handgunner Helpr, (1d4/0 +Burn, Missile. 2 Power: Fire Assist Flare)
Familiar [0/2]: Autofalconoid, "Merlin" (1 HP, 1 Power. ACT+1Power: Collect items from remote hexes when deployed. 1d8 attack if contested. ACT: Restore Power.)
Consumables: Power Cell // Items: Biological Sample // Notes: none

Listen Along: Grillwalker - Modeselektor

Theo Reticule didn't see it happen in the live feeds, but based upon the last-streamed video's review, Theo learned that his Autofalconoid Merlin had stopped working midway through its mission due to being attacked and destroyed in midair by a similar, competitive product that was controlled by another wrecker in the field, a Wrecker named Lonán Murder-Birb. How fitting.

A grimacing Theo shook his head in defeat - to the early Murder-Birb go the spoils! He knew there was nothing he could do about the artificial bird's sudden synth-death from where he was. He'd just lost a valuable tool to capitalism's inherent drive to deliver a product that ensured continued demand instead of dependability. He'd learned it was best to move on from such matter-of-fact setbacks and look for new opportunities to make that bank.

Shiny scrap jangled in Theo's pack pockets as he hiked up a junk pile to get to Bonny-Anne in her towering gamma rig. The sound of the precious metals clinking made him feel he was ready to spend a little somethin-somethin'!

"Ra Maximum's lookin' almost ready to get movin' again." Theo wagered, as an aside to Bonny-Anne over the comms.

He looked around the immediate area, at the junk-strewn landing site full of spears of metal and dead things, and he saw that there was not much else this region had to offer. It was time to move on.

"Think we can't hitch a ride atop your rig to beat out the worst of the meat marsh?" Theo asked Bonny-Anne's cockpit receiver. "As fer where we go: we've got 'jacker and a 'spiker here with no rig and I'll bet Ra has a key fob like the one you used. You down for a little rerun action?"

Theo thought about the vote that the Wrecking Crew Hazard Roulette had introduced into the Wreckers' dVices, along with his Exclusive Sponsor making a Challenge to encourage other Wreckers to vote for him. It made Theo sweat a little, so he didn't bring it up right away.

Movement: (Bonny-Anne and Ra Maximum may peek)
> Theo is being dragged by Bonny-Anne's rig!
> Vote: Theo votes for Bonny-Anne Elsewhere!

Sponsors: Dang, well that last Challenge certainly didn't seem to work out, did it, Magitek Mafia? Thanks for sticking with me, regardless! I hope this next one you've put up for me gets results!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 31, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

The Director of Sponsorship Affairs at Cosmiq's Wrecker Investments Division, Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr., blew a raspberry into the comms receiver while in the middle of a call.

"No~! I don't want it in my house. Throw it all out, pronto, buster!" Dr. Wiley bleated in a commanding tone. "I'm not paying any more for a smut-printer!"

The man in his ergonomic anti-grav business chair kicked his sensible travelcraft shoes up onto his spacious desk, barely avoiding knocking over his half-finished mixed drink.

"I don't care what you call 'it' - it's not a robotics project you're allowed to work on under my roof, young man! And you know I can't come home and help you and your sister with your assignments because I have lots more work to do this Heap," Dr. Wiley said, shuffling a stack of tablets to add the proper sounds of work to his comms call. "Yes, working for the 'pupperson.' And besides, I know you can feed yourselves just fine from the CrunchuCopia..."

Dr. Wiley found himself briefly distracted, thinking about the menu for tonight's dinner at work.

"Put your sister on, won't you?" Dr. Wiley muttered, staring blankly at the ceiling and salivating.

A new voice picked up the comms line shortly after Dr. Wiley retrieved his drink from the desk and kicked his feet back up.

"Hi - sweetie - by the time I get back home, Junior's new micro-fabber has to be gone-zo. Yes. That one. You're in charge of making sure he doesn't keep anything related to it-"

Dr. Wiley paused for a moment as he listened intently to the voice on the line, practically holding his breath on the tip of his tongue.

"Uh huh. It's a required component for your new coursework... Rigjacking 102? Well, why didn't Junior mention this? - I see..."

Dr. Wiley scratched the back of his balding head, contemplating this novel twist.

"Well, if you can keep it under lock and key in your room, then sure, I don't see why not. Junior is NOT allowed to to use it without my supervision!"

He pounded on the desk with a fist for emphasis, a gesture mostly lost when on an audio-only comms call.

"'Kay, sweetie? Put your brother back on. See you later tonight."

By the time the first voice had picked up the line again, Dr. Wiley had submitted an order for another mixed drink and an appetizer platter.

"Sheila's in charge. She's taking the Fabirc8r and the polypellet bags for her schoolwork and you're throwing out 'Fabri-K8' and any other fun little toys you've made since I got you that thing. Alright! I've heard enough. No fighting with your sister! Be back at midnight."

Dr. Wiley pressed a spot in his jaw and disconnected from the comms call.

He sighed. "Clones. They grow up so fast."

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 2, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Weapons [2/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee) // Handgunner Helpr, (1d4/0 +Burn, Missile. 2 Power: Fire Assist Flare)
Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Power Cell // Items: Biological Sample // Notes: none

Listen Along: Professional Griefers - Deadmau5 feat. Gerard Way

Clamped tight to the lid of Bonny-Anne Elsewhere's recklessly overclocked Gamma Enforcer that was running pell-mell through the grease swamp, the dog-faced Wrecker named Theophilharmonic Johannes Reticule opened up his suit's helmet and let his face take on the full brunt of the aromatic bouquet of gases being pushed around inside the Meateor's dank, dark flesh-caves. Theo panted excitedly, his tongue lolled out to the side and flapping in the wind.

"I din't think these kindsa rigs could go this fast!" Theo related over the comms, laughing, but his audio was mostly drowned out by the winds.

"There it is!" Theo reported when the Rig Silo came into view, as though Bonny-Anne hadn't been here already on her own.

"And there's..." Theo paused to sniff the air. "Dunk Tuggum? I smell a trace of D-zone."

As the speeding Gamma Enforcer drew closer, the scene revealed itself more fully.

"Yeah! - There he is, being 'rangued by 'em Ribbon Skates!" Theo exclaimed, pointing with the hand not currently holding to the rig for dear life. "Quicklike, take us close, Bonny-Anne!"

When the Gamma Enforcer stomped up onto the meaty shore at the base of the Rig Silo, Theo hopped down off the rig and started hammering away at a mound of greasy, gravelly gibbets like a golf club, firing projectile scattershot into the air at the Ribbon Skates to distract and infuriate the attacking sky-eels.

Encounter:
> Theo Suppresses the two Ribbon Skates with his Unbalanced K-Hammer!

Sponsors: Well! The votes simply aren't coming in yet, Magitek Mafia, but there's still time! Maybe I can ask one of my new friends to vote for me so I'm not totally vote-less here! Getting zero votes sounds like it would be pretty bad...

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 05 -> 04 Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 -> 0 Med // 2 Power // 1 Air
Weapons [2/2]: Unbalanced K-Hammer, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee) (Being used in craft) // Handgunner Helpr, (1d4/0 +Burn, Missile. 2 Power: Fire Assist Flare) (Swapping to Dunk)
Utility [1/2]: AdrenoMAX (Loaded. +1 Damage when Power Attacking. Reload: 1 Scrap) (Being used in craft)
Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Power Cell // Items: Biological Sample (Being used in craft) // Notes: none

Listen Along: The Wozard of Iz - The Avalanches

A coruscating light burst overhead as one of the Ribbon Skates was popped, pasted by the massive round fired from the riot cannon mounted on Bonny-Anne's rig. The other ribbon skate fled, flitting off through the air of the rig silo to find a place in the rafters to hide for a while. Inevitably, the parasitic beast would succumb to its bottomless hunger pangs and it would attack the team of Wreckers again. They would be expecting it.

Theo hoisted his hammer 'Rusty' onto his shoulder and walked over to the D-Breaker that had been huddled behind cover with his shotgun at the ready. He stopped and addressed the grizzled-looking cyborg.

"Dunk Tuggum, I pr'zume?" Theo asked, a fanged smile across his canine mouth.

"The cavalry has arrived, Ser Dunk" he said while bowing, in an almost boastful tone. "-And I think we've got what'cher needlin' at the moment: high-powered restorative drugs!"

Theo looked back to Bonny Anne and Ra Maximum, and then called them in for whatever passed for a huddle over the local comms network.

"While I work Dunk's first aid - Ra Maximum, there was something I thought you could do for me..." Theo led, already getting out his suit's medical attachments. "It involves my K-Hammer 'Rusty' here, the one I got on my back."

Theo plunged the stack of needles and medi-fluids into Dunk's receptor port. Theo could see the man's relief registering across his body in tiny ways. He kept talking.

"Think you can't... use yer extra brain-stacks to make it swing harder? I've got some skate muscle tissues and this AdrenoMAX addon to pump it up..."

Action: (Bonny-Anne Elsewhere, Ra Maximum, and Dunk Tuggum can peek)
> Theo allows Ra Maximum to Craft with his kit: Unbalanced K-Hammer, Biological Sample, and AdrenoMAX, and will FreeACT.Swap these items to him if necessary.
> FreeACT.Swap: Theo swaps 1 Scrap to Bonny-Anne and hopefully receives a crafted weapon from Ra Maximum.
> FreeACT.Swap(Conditional): Theo swaps his HandgunnR HelpR to Dunk Tuggum IF Theo would end this phase with a functional weapon crafted by Ra Maximum after all our FreeACT.Swapping would be done (I want to be able to Suppress with a weapon next round).
> FullACT: Theo Heals Dunk Tuggum 1 HP using 1 Med unit (1 -> 2/2 HP Dunk), depleting his reserves.
> Vote: Theo has already voted for Bonny-Anne, but don't forget to vote as well, teammates!

Sponsors: If it ain't Mr. Tuggum - the Dunk himself, in the flesh! Lemme tell ya, Magitek Mafia, I'm getting some real spooky vibes offa this walking cranial gore warning! Nonetheless, I really hope that if I do him a solid now he'll have a reason to hit me back up later with a favor when I might need it most! It's always good to have a D-Breaker on your side... almost always, I'm pretty sure!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 6, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 04 Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 0 Med // 2 Power // 1 Air
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack)[/s]
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Power Cell // Items: none // Notes: none

Listen Along: Mutual Slump - DJ Shadow

The noisy roar from the TIE-Breaker drones came and went from the Rig Silo, their mounted guns peppering both Dunk Tuggum and Ra Maximum's new rig with corrosive buckshot in their passage. Both Theo and Bonny-Anne - she in her newly outfitted driller enforcer - managed to avoid the same armor-melting fate, mostly through a mixture of quick thinking and good luck. Though no one in the group had been physically harmed by the TIE-Breakers, they were going to have to hold back on setting off into the grease swamps until the damage to Dunk and Ra's respective sources of armor could be repaired.

Theo Reticule keenly inspected the handiwork that Ra Maximum had put into the upgrading of his Unbalanced K-Hammer, 'Rusty'. While the balancing kinks hadn't quite been worked out from Rusty, it now kicked like a mule just at a tap. Furthermore, it had a strange, thrumming heartbeat of sorts when Theo held it, almost like it was excitedly responding to the contact with another life form. Ra Maximum had done excellent work.

Theo swung his new pumping iron thumper of a Junker tool around, admiring the force he felt behind its K-Hammer-head and the way it matched his own pulse. He wondered if this couldn't be built upon further...

"Drones're gone, but we gotta stay, huh?" Theo asked over the comms, but he knew it was rhetorical. Ra Maximum wasn't going anywhere with his rig's armor busted up the way it was.

Theo settled in and waited to hear, see, or smell movement. The Ribbon Skate would be back, hungrier than ever, and Theo wanted to be ready for its return.

Movement: (Bonny-Anne Elsewhere, Ra Maximum, and Dunk Tuggum can peek)
> Theo takes Aim!

Sponsors: So, Magitek Mafia - Ra Maximum just got a lot of Luxe thanks to our teamwork! He's got just enough Luxe to afford a Fabrikit for our team, even if you went and bought yourself a 4th Challenge slot for 15L first! Or... if you really wanted to help our fledgling Krew, send me (Theo Reticule) one Experimental CS2 Armor (+bonus Utility Slot: Hazmat-only) on a Sani-Gel Reloader Drone for 36 Luxe (15L Magitek, 21L Ra Maximum). I would plan on giving the armor to Dunk Tuggum, who seems to need the extra protection a little more than I do out of all our team members right now. Thanks a lot!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

"So many questions - so much uncertainty," said Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. into his cheek-embedded comms DVice. "I mean sheesh! At what point do we all collectively get to say 'No' to the whole idea of 'democracy'?"

The Director of Sponsorship Affairs at Cosmiq's Wrecker Investments Division brought his drink's glass to his lips. He breathed in the ethanol vaporizing off the fizzy surface.

"Everyone knows that voting in a winner-takes-all popularity contest doesn't work out if everyone's in the running!" He groused. "You need to have only, like, one or two fall-guys to vote for who'll throw themselves on their swords when things get mired in hairy legal proceedings - that's what true loyalty and leadership are all about!"

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. belched near-silently through his nose, which is still picked up by the jawbone-implanted DVice but at a much less noticeable level.

"Anyway, what was I saying - oh yeah, the corporate picnic... Okay, well, you didn't hear it from me, but apparently a bird-like little source told me that the lunchmeat for the upcoming Community Morale Review Picnic is a special-shipped order from Calorie Court that my contacts at Wrecking Crew facilitated... so eat up, bucko."

Dr. Wiley began to take a sip of his drink when he suddenly sprayed it out across his tablet-strewn desk when he heard what the other person had to say.

"That's hearsay, Bobson!" Dr. Wiley sputtered. "Besides, their edible meat-masses don't just crawl off anymore, at least not unchecked - they have a gold-star refund policy if you can return it."

Wordlessly, Dr. Wiley began slamming the 'Call Cleanup' button on his desk, the console flecked with a mist of cola substrate and alcohol.

"Look, I'm going to the picnic with my kids and I'll see you there whether you want a negative H.R. review or not. Just... don't tell anyone if you know what's good for Morale Week, m'kay?"

Something flashed on the holo-screen and Dr. Wiley put down his drink and sat up in his ergonomic anti-grav chair.

"Bobsonite Chalmers, I'll have to call you later. The Vatman's egg has cracked. - Yeah, 'no shitzen,' indeed."

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. tapped his jaw and hung up just as the cleaning krew arrived at his office door.

"You're late." He stated, in greeting.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 9, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

DR: DR 2 HazDR: none
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot)[/s]
Armor [1/1]: CS Armor 2 (+2 DR, 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Power Cell // Items: none // Notes: none

Listen Along: Jellyfish - Constructus Corporation

As soon as Theo Reticule found himself getting bored of waiting for the Ribbon Skate's reappearance, a bleeping alert appeared on his visor's comms screen, a message telling him in no uncertain terms that an express package from Magitek Mafia was on its way. The parcel was out for delivery and was almost at its destination: him.

"Care package inbound, folx!" Theo said over the comms, to alert the others of the inbound bogey. He didn't want people to panic at its appearance, especially after what had gone down with the TIE-Breaker drones moments earlier.

Sure enough, Theo's delivery drone was quickly spotted rounding a corner in the intestinal chambers ahead, and the aeropath-piloted drone dutifully hovered by the entrance to the Rig Silo. When Theo approached the delivery drone and made a T-pose for it to scan him, it flew over Theo's shoulder and attached itself to his Medi-fluid canister and started pumping it with a Sani-gel reload.

"This part is always so awkward," Theo began, staying put in his T-pose so as not to "startle" the drone while it pumped.

Suddenly, with a practiced maneuver, a magnet-tipped arm attached to the drone flicked over key spots in Theo's Combat Suite I Armor and the panels simply popped off, clattering to the ground like a stack of plates.

"Oh, what, you change armors for us too now?" Theo said, partially in protest, raising his arms straight over his head at the delivery drone's request. "I thought I was gonna give the extra protection to Dunk, to be honest..."

Theo glanced over towards where Dunk Tuggum was and the delivery drone gently twisted Theo's head back to looking straight forward so that the new armor could be slipped on over his head properly.

When the armoring process was done with, the drone left without much fanfare and Theo was left picking up the pieces of his old Combat Suite I - once busted, once repaired, and now scrap.

"Er... sozz, Dunk!" Theo said, scratching at the back of his armored neck. "I wanted to surprise you and I got surprised instead. The next armor getup's yours, on my tab!"

Muttering something about drone capabilities under his breath, Theo started searching the area for the last remaining Ribbon Skate while swinging his Pulse Pounder about.

Movement: (Bonny-Anne Elsewhere, Ra Maximum, and Dunk Tuggum can peek)
> Theo is still taking Aim!

Sponsors: Ah, whoops, Magitek Mafia! I'd meant to give Dunk this armor, but the delivery drone put it on me instead! I'd just wanted the Sani-gel reload from the drone service, not the armor! Well, I mean, I could certainly use the armor, that's for sure - Dunk will just have to wait a little bit longer while we make up for this mistake!

Sponsors 2: Oh, and Brainfood Nootropics: thank you for taking an interest in reviving my Merlin to functionality! Let's see if that little slugger can soar the skies again some day! He wasn't the most effective Autofalconoid but he was special to me!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 10, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Power Cell // Items: none // Notes: Boosted ACT

Listen Along: Supermoon Made Me Want To Pee - The Flaming Lips

Theo Reticule stomped around the rig silo, swinging his hammer around at the metal girders running up and around the rig-building site. He'd hoped to flush out the Ribbon Skate by making a loud enough commotion in the zone, by banging Rusty the Pulse Pounder against anything hard and metal enough that'd send shockwaves up the rest of the looming silo.

It was good at making a racket, at least - so it was a mostly-effective strategy. Theo was trying to be careful not to damage the valuable site too much with his juiced-up custom K-Hammer, so he eased off the hammer's go-juice button a bit. Not finding the Skate right away, Theo started to ascend to the Rig Silo's higher tiers.

That was when the Ribbon Skate made a break for it, flitting out from cover when Theo drew near.

"There it is!" Theo shouted out, pointing at the Ribbon Skate from his place on the ladder. He started climbing back down to the ground floor. "Shiv. It's quick!"

The mischievous sky-eel dashed after the three of them, just as a Ra Maximum blasted a riot cannon shot at it from his Gamma Enforcer.

The Ribbon Skate exploded in midair into translucent, glowing gibbits that wriggled where they landed.

"Nice cannoneering, dude-alickus!" Theo exclaimed, tossing out a wicked salute to Ra Maximum's bright pink rig. "Lemme get my grab on these bitz and shiz for us, all pronto-like~!"

Encounter:
> Theo Boosts for the following ACT!

Sponsors: Well I may not be making you much money right now, Magitek Mafia, I am making a killing on all these opportunities to pick up after our battles! I've got so much scrap already, it's pretty wild! I've got to save up for my retirement after all, am I right?

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 11, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 05 -> 03 -> 06 Luxe: 002 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Weapons [1/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Power Cell // Items: none // Notes: Boosted ACT

Listen Along: More - Flying Lotus feat. Anderson .Paak (Watch linked video for a very Wrecking Crew animation!)

The two Ribbon Skates that had originally been harassing Dunk Tuggum all this time had finally been slain. The last of those fast and sneaky parasites had managed to drain some of Ra Maximum's medi-fluids before the pink-skinned Rigjacker was able to kick the beast out of his cockpit and get a good shot off on it with his rig's riot cannon.

The middle of the offending Ribbon Skate was blown apart in midair by the blast as the center mass of the creature was utterly pulverized. When the smoke had settled, limp noodly Skate bits lay strewn across the ground, either brainlessly wriggling about or gasping for energy to suck out from the environment.

Theo hopped down from the ladder he'd been using to get back onto the partially-reinforced, meat-scattered floor.

"Nice cannoneering, dude-alickus!" Theo had exclaimed, and he'd tossing out a wicked salute to Ra Maximum's bright pink rig. "Lemme get my grab on these bitz and shiz for us, all pronto-like~!"

Theo began to shuffle to his TuneZen as he scooped and vacuumed up bits of bio product off the ground and injected the rare samples into collapsible containment storage units. Sometimes he felt like the janitor, but the pay was drat good (if he lived).

"Now this'un -" Theo paused, picking up a curious dangly bit by the tail that squirmed in his mitt, "is a curious find. Good thing I caught this sucker when I did, before it got a chance to scarper off! That's what paying attention can get ya!"

"Oh - uh, Dunkaroo-ski - the coast is clear by the by, so let's get ourselves acquainted with each other's armor getups" Theo said, proposing an offer. "You need this suit's extra protection a big heap more'n I do. Trade ya combat suites for a crack at dat DPM Shotty ya got there, maybes?"

"Thing is," Theo continued, "my hammer's great an' all but I need something a little better at cutting up armor plating for sinking my Rigspike in."

Theo punched the air and extended the spear of his wristjack out, holding it up with a goofy face as though he was giving Dunk the finger for a second before retracting it. Dunk had probably seen that gag before.

"I never leave the doghouse without it!" Theo remarked, shrugging non-chalantly like a smart aleck. Theo had probably used that line before, too.

"Anyways," Theo said, turning to Ra Maximum, "Ra, I need you to hold onto something for a little bit. I don't have the brainstacks for prognosticating like you two do, but just call it a Junker's hunch."

The dog-faced Wrecker's eyebrows shifted about as he glanced from side to side around the room behind his iShades. He leaned forward and whispered conspiratorially to the other two Wreckers, even though they could hear him over the comms just fine. Theo made sure to broadcast only over the local private bands.

"As you both should know, my Autofalconoid Merlin never returned from its mission. There could be Autofalcs anywhere right now, waiting for a chance to rob us blind! That's what the shotgun's for, y'dig?"

Theo folded his arms and nodded, like what he'd said was a compelling plan.

"Oh, right!" Theo started, breaking out of his reverie with some bagged goodies. "These are for you, too."

Action: (Ra Maximum, Dunk Tuggum, and Bonny-Anne may peek)
> FreeACT.Swap: Theo swaps 1 Scrap and the Pulse Pounder to Ra Maximum for protection inside his rig! Theo swaps 1 Scrap to Dunk Tuggum, and receives DPM Shotgun from Dunk Tuggum!
> FullACT: Set Ambush with the DPM Shotgun. If an Autofalconoid shows up, set orders to Power Attack >> Rigspike the Autofalconoid with the DPM Shotgun in Ambush to disable it (and hopefully allow it to be looted)!
> FreeACT: Theo Salvages for 3+ Scrap (due to Junker and Hazard Roulette), picks up any Autofalconoids that have been Disabled, and performs two 1d8 Lootrolls of the hex (due to Boost and Hazard Roulette), including the 1x Ribbon Skate that was slain this round and the 1x Ribbon skate that was slain last round.
> Lootroll vs 2x Ribbon Skates (Boosted & Upscaled): 2#1d8+1 7 8 - Two successes!
> Challenge: Theo completes an instance of Concordant's Repeatable Challenge >Quality and Professionalism, by explaining a successful Boost!

Sponsors: Let's get down to the nitty gritty of it all, Magitek Mafia: I am swimming in greasy grimy gopher guts over here, and seriously that's a good thing! This guy is one lucky Junker!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 13, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 06 Luxe: 004 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Weapons [1/2]: DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Power Cell // Items: Biological Sample // Notes: none

Listen Along: I Feel Better - Hot Chip (or watch Special Video version: with GEN's own Cloud Sync Boys (beta)!)

The Wrecker with the teal canine face bounced and bobbed as he listened to an old bop on his TuneZEN, the quirky retro music player that was once highly recommended by GEN several cycles back from Theo's childhood. Theo had gotten one from his parents when he was little and had kept one in some working order ever since. They were hardy little micro-brick-like DVices, and Theo had fun kludging together hotfixes to their old wiring problems. What Theo liked most about the TuneZEN was how all the music he put on his DVices through it felt like like they were his - like he was actually under control of what he listened to, whenever he wanted it. This small freedom was the secret to Theo's happiness.

In the cleanup of the Ribbon Skates, Theo had scored quite a bounty of goods thanks to being on the scene just as combat broke out. He'd bottled another precious biological sample and recovered a full pod of Sani-gel from the guts of one of the Skates.

A message from Cosmiq came to Theo as he worked, a missive straight from Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr.'s offices. It read "Check Cheevos" and included a link to Pertinax's latest submission to the Wrecking Crew Challenge List.

"Uh, guys?" Theo started, his voice crackling a bit over the local comms for Ra Maximum, Dunk Tuggum, Bonny-Anne, and anyone else within two hexes of the Rig Silo to hear. "We gots a rig code drop from Pertinax."

Theo glanced between his fellow Wreckers, both Dunk Tuggum and Ra Maximum, before continuing over the comms.

"I know you hate to hear it, but put a halt on yer boning and drilling plans, Bonny-Anne!" Theo suggested, a grin spreading across his face. "We've got bigger metal fish to fry."

"Whattya say, Bonny-Anne?" Theo offered. "Third time's here's the charm."

Movement: (Ra Maximum, Dunk Tuggum, and Bonny-Anne may peek)
> Theo takes Aim (remember Ambush)!

Sponsors: Oh Magitek Mafia: I think it's time your team got acquainted with my so-called Krew: Bonny-Anne Elsewhere, Dunk Tuggum, Ra Maximum, and me, Theo Reticule! We don't exactly have a team name for ourselves yet (three of us have Rigspikes, though!), but so far we've been doing a pretty good job of sharing the wealth! I think the next person on our list of people who need stuff to help them survive is Dunk Tuggum, our D-Breaker ace in the hole!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 06 Luxe: 004 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Weapons [1/2]: DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Power Cell // Items: Biological Sample // Notes: none

Listen Along: Soda City Funk - Tim Legend

The report from Bonny-Anne came in over the comms: the slightly manic pixie dream grrl-Wrecker was returning to the Rig Silo in her basic Gamma Enforcer chassis for another shot at a classic Rigjackers' scheme. It would seem like the lovely lady Wrecker was already in the market for an upgrade, and Theo was more than happy to oblige - by punching in that Pertinax rig redemption code for her. Theo was looking forward to it.

"Uhhhhhhh...." Theo droned over the comms, "hold on."

Theo glanced between his two Wrecker teammates at the Silo.

"Should we be out on the looky-loo for that bone-daddy fiend-friend you found, Bonnie-Anne?" Theo asked in the broadcast. He was clearly nervous. "We've been sitting still too long I think... I must be getting para-"

Theo started in reaction to a sudden movement nearby, cracking off a quick-shot with Dunk's DPM Shotgun. "Auih!" he yelped.

"-Noid." Theo finished, cringing when he realized what he'd hit with the shotgun blast. "See - that's what I'm talking about! Sorry Bonny-Anne! Your rig's poor paint job..."

Theo popped back into his hidey-hole inside the rig silo, his cheeks rouged with the sting of embarrassment.

Encounter:
> Ambush: DPM Shotgun vs Bonny-Anne Elsewhere's Gamma Enforcer: 1d12 7 - Hit! Harmless PVP engaged! :confuoot::dare:
> ENC: Theo takes Cover!

Sponsors: Ouch! My bad! Um, okay, Magitek Mafia, I gotta make it up to these guys: the next chance we get, we've got to buy Dunk Tuggum a set of CS2 armor of his own! At the moment, you've got 15L, Dunk has 3L, Ra Maximum has 5L, and I have 4L (soon to be 14L if I get a reward for putting in this rig code at the Silo), which should be just enough... otherwise we may just have to wait a bit longer!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 06 -> 05 -> 07 Luxe: 014 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot) (Returned by Ra Maximum) // DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage, Missile. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Power Cell // Items: Biological Sample (Swapped to Dunk Tuggum) // Notes: none

Listen Along: Shiki no uta (Song of the Seasons) (Hip Hop remix) - Nujabes

Out of the two Rigjackers - being Ra Maximum and Bonny-Anne Elsewhere - only one of them was going to be staying at the rig silo to lay claim to the Pertinax rig when it was summoned. Thankfully, their kind had ways of settling such 'ownership' disputes without bloodshed. As the two Rigjackers squared off in their arcane dueling ritual, the dog-snouted Wrecker (full name: Theophilharmonic Johannes Reticule) excused himself to putter around the Rig Silo, bouncing and bopping and swerving and sliding, jamming to the music only he and his personal Wreck-feed could hear. He was making an absolute racket as he went.

"Thanks a brunch, home-skillet," Theo had said to Ra Maximum earlier when his Pulse Pounder had been returned. "I felt like a naked babby without it! But: it was better safe than sorry."

"Here:" he'd said to Ra Maximum back then, transferring over some expensive wiring he'd pulled from the walls. "Some scrap for your troubz."

Now that he'd gotten his trusty hammer 'Rusty' back, Theo was elated to be banging away at the walls of the Rig Silo again, searching the building with his weapon's thrumming hammer head for precious lootables in the less-essential sectors of the silo's infrastructure.

Along the inner perimeter, Theo drummed on the walls with Rusty and listened to the way the rig silo's structures reverberated, giving his suit's sensory instruments a good idea of where all the good stuff was buried. He walked down a curving hall, tapping his hammer along a support structure to the beat of his TuneZEN, until he stopped, knocked a couple times more on a spot that made a hollow, sour note. He raised his hammer high, fired up its thumping servos, then swung and smashed the spot open with his Pulse Pounder, revealing a hollow cache filled with redundant circuitry and rare metals crisscrossing each other in an alluringly sub-optimal pattern.

The Junker Theo did a little wagging jig as he pulled out the reams of excess wiring filling the hollow and started spooling everything up for his collection. The Rig Silo would still be able to run with all this stuff removed, Theo was positive of this.

When he was satisfied with his rewiring job, Theo began the process of collecting sturdy, unsecured sheets of metal and other poorly-welded-down bits of heavy building materials, which he started shoring up at various key sites around the rig silo. Theo's thinking was that he and his companions would need defensive points to ambush the incoming Pertinax rig from, so he may as well get started putting together some areas with decent cover from the cursory scans that the rig would make upon its initial activation.

They wanted to surprise the rig and its Pertinax-chosen pilot, and Theo and his rigspike were going to be ready.

Action:
> FreeACT.Swap: Theo swaps 1 Scrap to Ra Maximum and receives his Pulse Pounder in return! Theo swaps Biological Sample to Dunk Tuggum!
> FreeACT: Theo Salvages for 2 Scrap (no new bodies, & not Salvaging any allies' abandoned rigs)!
> FullACT: Theo sets an Ambush, with plans to halt any rigs that might appear in the hex with Scatter!

Sponsors: Oh... well~! That Wrecker-down announcement couldn't have come at a better time! Thanks Dimensional Derek - your sacrifice will be remembered! Magitek Mafia, now that we can afford it, please send out the following order as soon as you can, thanks:
> Experimental MEDIdrone Delivery of CS Suite II to Dunk Tuggum, 36 Luxe (15L Magitek Mafia, 11L Theo Reticule, 10L Dunk Tuggum)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 07 Luxe: 014 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot) // DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage, Missile. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Power Cell // Items: none // Notes: none

Listen Along: Mighty - Caravan Palace

Theo had gotten himself into what they call 'a jumping mood.' From his hiding place all holed up beside one of the rig silo's main data nodes, Theo J. Reticule was bobbing his head along to some real solid rhythms, with the multicolored cords connecting him to the terminal bouncing along to the beat. He had meta-jacked himself into the silo's security mainframe (with some help from his rigspike, of course) to get himself a front-row seat of the incoming enemy Pertinax rig being constructed inside the rig silo in realtime.

Viewing the piecemeal rig construction through the silo's security feeds, Theo saw several huge exhaust ports being planted in place onto a massive beta-class chassis. The arms and armor of the mechanical beast had yet to be fitted into place, but Theo thought he saw large rippers being pre-fabbed and he earnestly hoped that the result would live up to its rig designation of 'Carnifex,'

While hooked up like he was, the dog-man Wrecker could also get a good view of the rest of the silo from his meta-place in the silo's security center. In Theo's mind's eye, his inner vision was scattered across a hundred different vantage points, and he found it moderately challenging to focus his mental attentions onto just one thing at a time. At a moment like this, Theo wondered absentmindedly if he would've had an easier time navigating everything in this mentally-imposed panopticon if he'd been born with compound eyes, like his [REDACTED] predecessor, Skipp Wiley Jr., that Wrecker of Cosmiq's who'd last been seen alive on Venus during the Wrecking Crew season of RISE.

The dancing dog-boy bopped and weaved in his mini bunker as he witnessed the silo's construction of the Carnifex along with his allies getting into their positions around the rig's exit point. Theo knew his time to act was coming, and when that time arrived he'd unjack and surprise the Carnifex's pilot with a special little surprise he'd been developing, just for such a moment.

He had two shells prepared and he was ready to go haywire with them against this inbound foe.

Movement: (Ra Maximum, Dunk Tuggum, and Bonny-Anne Elsewhere can peek)
> Theo takes Aim!

Sponsors: I read you, Magitek Mafia: loud and clear! I think it's about time we start thinking about what comes next in our partnership. I need a way to regenerate more of my belt tokens when I salvage from fallen synthetics and organics! How does the name 'Buffaloader' sound, for a [utility that reloads for one scrap that refills a chosen type of belt token upon salvage, and maybe gives the user a Buff token]?

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 28, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. could feel a pressure mounting behind his temples, a light throbbing, pulsing pain that usually signaled the onset of a migraine. While he couldn't quite prove it, Dr. Wiley had a sneaking suspicion that his coworker who'd recently gone onto a D-Breaker-oriented retreat to refocus his chakras or whatever was doing some of his mental exercises again, and it was giving him the strangest sense of déja vu. Dr. Wiley leaned far back in his ergonomic grav-chair, stared at a knot in the fabwood-paneled ceiling that looked almost like a screaming face, and rubbed hard at his temples to activate the glands he'd had installed ages ago to ward off any headaches he felt coming on.

"Agh -" Dr. Wiley sat back up as his desk, capitulating to the discomfort.

Squeezing his temples with his spare hand, he depressed a sleek button on his desk's callboard and spoke. "Mistina, dear, send for a Mister Roucifer Gottschaft, please - he's in Development H.R.; I think he has something for me."

As if on cue, the pounding in Dr. Wiley's skull began to dissipate. Something Dr. Wiley had done had worked, and he was about to have a visitor, so he ordered up a pair of drinks in rokzglass - neat.

~~~~~~~

"I don't get why I do it myself, Roucey. They're hardly worth anything when the heap's over and more than half the cast is rekt."

Dr. Wiley was holding onto an official Dimensional Derek poseable action figure and staring deep into a portable dimensional rift his coworker had set up.

"I can never get over looking into this thing, Rouce. Welp: here goes nothing."

He tossed the unwanted, out-of-box collector's item into the experimental disposal-void cube Roucifer had brought.

The plastic figurine hung in space for a moment, then it began to shift and melt.

"Look!" Dr. Wiley exclaimed, clapping and pointing a finger dangerously close to the open rift. "It's like he's trying to walk!"

After about a minute of morphing chaotically, the humanoid hunk of plastic started glowing white hot before it flashed out of existence and the portal snapped closed.

"That's it? All gone? And you're telling me they still don't know where this stuff we send goes?" Dr. Wiley asked, getting up from his seat to pour himself a refresher. "Wild," he muttered, chuckling.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 07 Luxe: 03 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 2 -> 0 Power // 1 Air
Weapons [2/2]: Pulse PoundR, "Rusty" (1d4/5 +Break, Melee. 1 Power & 1 Scrap: +2 Damage on Power Attack. 1 Mod Slot) // DPM Shotgun, (1d10/2 +Rampage, Missile. 2 Power: +1 Damage. 2 Mod Slots)
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Power Cell // Items: none // Notes: none

Listen Along: Supermoves - Overseer

Wailing klaxons began howling as spinning sirens started flashing all over the rig silo, signaling the much-anticipated arrival of Pertinax's special entrant: the monstrous Beta rig designated 'Carnifex.'

In response to the blaring alarms, Theo Reticule unjacked himself from the silo's data node and rushed over to his ambush site hidden in the overpasses by the main hangar.

Suddenly, everything exploded. The safety wall between Theo, Ra, and Dunk and the massive rig was effortlessly ripped apart and a moment later Carnifex had burst from its containment silo. Just the as metal giant had punched its way through the building's shielding, Theo Reticule and his teammates saw twin elevator shafts iris open from beneath the silo's floor, to break the surface and reveal even more synthetic enemies. As an unexpected complication for Theo and his pals, the Carnifex rig was coming at them backed up by a fleet-footed security detail: a pair of Gamma Bounders!

Before the Bounders could properly hop into the fray, however, Theo made a running charge at the Carnifex's upper side from the hanging railways above. The daring doglike Wrecker leapt, landed on the rig's roof with barely a stumble, leveled his shotgun loaded with his special Rigspike fletchette shells at a small seam in the back of Carnifex's plating, and pulled the trigger.

Hundreds of nails and needles attached by wires blasted into the rig's side, pincushioning the seam in the armor like a metal porcupine with small silver ribbons trailing the ends of its quills. More importantly than how it looked, enough of the fletchettes had punctured through the armor to create a physical connection to the rig's circuitry within. Connected as a conduit to the rig in this way, Theo could manipulate the giant machine's systems and shut it down - provided he had some help. Thankfully, Ra Maximum had done his rigjacking job with his Stinger model as well, and together with their rigspikes they cracked the Carnifex's codes and knocked it to its knees!

As the Carnifex slumped to the floor in forced-sleep mode, Theo pumped his shotgun to chamber a new shell, hopped down, and blasted his second Rigspike fletchette round at one of the Bounders, in particular the Bounder that had been passing around the downed Carnifex to hunt after his allies on foot.

The Bounder Theo had struck promptly jittered mid-stride from the Rigspikes. It stumbled, caught itself mid-fall and rebalanced, and then powered down, sinking to the floor like an ostrich with a sudden sleeping sickness.

"To the Vickers: no spoilers!" Theo cheered, when he realized that Ra Maximum had aced his second target too.

Two Gamma Bounders and one Beta Carnifex had practically been delivered to them - all three were shut down and ready to be jacked: more rigs than there were Wreckers to pilot!

"Ad augusta per angusta, Reticule," said Ra Maximum to Theo, with a wary nod. It had been a fast and excellent take-down by their team-up, but it had gotten a little sloppy at the end.

"Mr. Pertinax must be so butt-hangry to see his boy go down that." Theo remarked, at the sight of Ra Maximum appraising his new Beta rig.

"But what-evs though, right? You'll just Maximize the hellacious-ness outta that mofo, give the viewers a right good show of it. Enjoy it, my man!"

Theo gave a nice warm pat on Ra Maximum's armored shoulder. They'd done it!

"Dunk! All clear!" Theo called, waving the ashen man over from his cover. He was wearing new armor. "Diggin the new digs, too."

Encounter:
> Ambush: Aimed Rigspike with DPM Shotgun vs Carnifex!: 1d14 7 - Hit! +Disable 3 on Carnifex (-1 Power)!
> ENC: Rigspike with DPM Shotgun vs Bounder!: 1d12 4 - Hit! +Disable 3 on Bounder 1 (-1 Power)!

Sponsors: Ah nurts, now I'm low on Power! I swear, I keep blowing through my belt resources so darn fast! I'm gonna need a way to regenerate a little more Power, Air, and Sanigel whenever I get a chance to salvage... is that something you think you can arrange, Magitek Mafia? If so, I think I should start saving up my luxe!"

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 07 Luxe: 33 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 0 -> 1 Power // 1 Air
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Power Cell (using) // Items: none // Notes: none

Listen Along: Galvanize - Chemical Brothers

Despite what Theo Reticule had said, right when the dust had only just begun to settle, the rig silo wasn't actually 'all clear' at all.

A chirpy jingle played over Theo's personal music stream and a plaintext message patched in from the subspace signal of his comms network suddenly splayed out across Theo's viewscreen, distracting him for a brief moment.

code:
                       @)))
                       @)))
   @)))))   @)))  @))) @)))            @)))     @))) @)) @)))) @))))@))) @)))
 @)))  @))) @)))  @))) @)))@)))        @))) @)  @)))  @)))       @)))  @))  @)))
@)))   @))) @)))  @))) @)))  @)))      @)))@))) @)))  @)))       @)))  @))  @)))
 @)))  @))) @)))  @))) @)))  @)))      @))@))@))@)))  @)))       @)))  @))  @)))
   @))@)))   @)))@)))  @)))@)))   @)))  @)))   @)))  @))))      @))))  @))  @)))
     @)))                                                     }
   @)))                                             \         {         /
                         ____                        \        }        /
                        /__  \   ^                    \     _____     / 
                        `  \ |  / \                    \  .-     -.  /
                            \| /   \                     /         \
                  }       ___|/     \____               / ____ ____ \
            \     {     //    -_____-    \             |=(####^####)=|
             \    }    /|                 |     ~~~~~~ |  \##/ \##/  | ~~~~~~
              \   {   / |                 |            |             |
               \  _  /  | ()       ()     |             \    ___/   /
                 / \     \_______________/               \         /
         ~~~~~~ ( @ ) ~~ /  UUUUUU       \             /  '-_____-'  \
                 \_/    |                 |           /               \
               / | | \  |                 |          /        {        \
              /  | |  \  \_______________/          /         }         \
             /   | |   \ (|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|)                    {
            /    |_|     /\       /       \                   }
                /   \___/  \  _  /  ____   \
                |   |   |   \/ \/  [____]   |
                \___/___|   ( @ )  (    )   |
                 | |    |    \_/    `--`    |
                 | |  ,-|           ____    |
                 | | /  |          [____]   |
                 | | \  |          (    )   |
                 | |  `-| -_______- `--`    /---------------,
                 | |    |                  /        |_|      \
                 | |    |                           |_|       \__
                 |_|    | -_______-                 |_|       |__)
                        |                           |_|       |__)
                         \                          |_|       /
                          \          /              |_|      /
                           ---------------------------------'
                            \__/\__/\__/\__/\__/\__/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Though he was confused momentarily by the crude text-art of a magical caterpillar, Theo recognized that it was probably something that belonged to the Wwwizards over at Magitek Mafia. Theo forwarded the message along to his Exclusive Sponsor with his regards just as everything at the rig silo went totally pear-shaped.

A massive piece of the rig silo's hanging structure, apparently broken from the monstrous Beta rig's rampage, suddenly snapped loose and collapsed, slamming into the disabled Carnifex rig and knocking free Ra Maximum's rigspike. Without them realizing it right away, the industrial equipment's collapse was indirectly responsible for reactivating Pertinax's horrible butchery-machine.

"Oh no-" Theo started, seeing the rig's power returning prematurely. "Ra, your rigspike!"

But it was too late. The Carnifex lunged at Ra Maximum with its spinning bladed arms, and with a horrible sound of mach-speed rippers tearing through metal armor and bone like it was water, it sliced the pink Wrecker up into stacks of steaming cyborg steaks.

Theo felt like he wanted to retch, from the way the bottom of his stomach dropped out in a lurch.

The Carnifex reared back to it's full height and howled in a screeching, mechanical wail, booming through the zone. The beacon for Ra's death cache appeared in Theo's minimap, and Theo's attention snapped over to his remaining ally, Dunk Tuggum.

"Dunk - we need to go!" Theo said, breaking into a pounding run towards safety. "So 'jack that stunned Bounder while you still can!"

Only in survival would Theo find his salvation. He climbed atop the Gamma Bounder he'd rigpsiked and tore open the panel to the rig's manual ejection controls.

Action: (Dunk Tuggum and Bonny-Anne Elsewhere can peek)
> FreeACT: Theo uses a Power Cell to restore 1 Power unit!
> FullACT: Theo mounts one of the disabled Bounders!
> Challenge completed: Magitek Mafia's > Gub In, Wrm Out

Sponsors: Augh, this isn't how I wanted to make that luxe at all! Now I'm low on resources with one ally rekt, the Carnifex still up, and my only way out of here is to yoink this Gamma Bounder and bounce! Magitek Mafia, do you think you can help me out by sending me a tool that'll let me salvage while I'm using this thing? This Bounder a real find, lemme tell you - I just can't do what I do best (salvaging scrap) while I'm jacked into a rig without a Scrap Scraper, y'know? Thanks, you guys!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 07 -> 08 Luxe: 33 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 1 Power // 1 Air
Gamma Bounder: RigHP: 2/2 RigMove: 3 Jump RigDR: RigDR 1 RigPower: 3/3
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Items: none // Notes: none

Listen Along: Let It Out - Girl Talk

Prompted by Theo Reticule's growling commands and the threatening barrel of his DPM shotgun, the Bounder pilot willingly unjacked from the Gamma rig's cockpit and promptly removed himself from the premises without a fight, leaving the Gamma Bounder's driver's seat all to Theo. Nodding his head excitedly to the beats from his TuneZEN, the Wrecker sat down in the pilot's chair and fired up the jacks' ignitions and relaxed. He felt the rig's cold nervous connections running up and down his spinal array as the brainjacks did their work.

All the lights started turning on: systems green. Ah, it felt so good to feel a rig's power and weight under his total control!

"I'm synced with mine, Dunk," stated Theo over the comms. "How you doin'?"

Theo raised his Bounder into gear and pivoted the rig's main visual sensors towards the other Gamma Bounder, to see how Dunk's rigjacking of it was going.

Dunk Tuggum, as far as Theo could tell, was not rigjacking the Bounder that Ra Maximum had shut down temporarily, not at all. Instead, the man was hiding in a shelter while the Bounder appeared to be slowly rebooting.

"Dunk - what happened?!" Theo barked at the strange man over the comms, his hackles raised. "We can't handle both rigs with just two of us!"

Turning aside, Theo started broadcasting over the wider comms network. "Uh - Bonny-Anne -" He tried to remain professional. "As you may have noticed, there was a bit of an industrial accident and Ra, well, Ra's dead. Pair of Bounders showed and we just barely managed to snag one. Dunk's hunkering."

Theo continued, for both Dunk and Bonny-Anne's benefit. "Er, I'm blasting off in this new rig I jacked to pull this Bounder-bastard away from the silo. Dunk? Get your new Sponsor to send you something to help you do the same, for'real! Ta - for now."

Just as he was about to leave, a delivery drone bumped into Theo's cockpit hatch.

"Wha? From... Psichonumen?" Theo murmured, puzzled at reading the company's name.

"Hey, Bonny-Anne -" Theo spoke out over the comms, his confusion plain. "I think your Sponsor's sending me stuff meant for you? I can't use thi-"

Theo was interrupted mid-sentence when the Joltdrone connected to Theo's suit with a zap of electric energy.

Sponsor Phase:
> Theo rejects the DPM Rifle, rendering it unto 1 Scrap!

Sponsors: Okay, so I know you said you didn't want to send other Wreckers anything, and I get that! So, let's make sure to save up some cash for your company's Exclusive item, whatever that might be! Have you accepted that text-glyph-art-thing I sent you? I think that might be worth something in the right hands!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 28, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

It was Morale Week, and Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. was in line at the buffet beside the Cosmiq corporate grass-grounds.

Dr. Wiley was browsing through his comms' inner display, staring past the food in front of him with an empty plate, when his thoughts were interrupted by someone approaching him from the caterer's staging area.

"Oh, no, it's not that, Brillany, I just had a big breakfast is all." Dr. Wiley grumbled, gesturing over in the buffet spread out before him. "This is great, really! My kids are loving it! They're were so excited to come."

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr.'s two children Junior and Sheila had grabbed some brightly-colored soft drinks early on into the event and weren't around by the front of the buffet line when the Calorie Court caterers arrived with their platters of fresh food, which was their loss. Besides, Sheila was old enough now to know how to get herself and her brother to and from Dr. Wiley's office, even with the increased security detail today, so Dr. Wiley wasn't overly concerned.

"Okay, so what this?" Dr. Wiley questioned the uniformed caterer across the table. "'Grilled meltzarella people poppers on fabwood spears'? Oh, 'McBuster-bobs'? How quaint. And this is the- don't tell me... PizzRa Maximum? No, that's too much like Aethered's Pizzanax - oh, it's 'Ra Pizzamum'?! Delightful. And those are Sluus-nuudles on top? Excellent. I'll have a slice of that, a handful of the albino eyelives on top, and what is that? In the blonde cookies - oh, 'candied marrow in white chocolate chunks'? ...Sure! One of those too. Great!"

Without thanking the unerringly polite server, Dr. Wiley turned away with his plate of finger food, clutching to his Morale Week drink and a vibrant red napkin the color of fresh blood. He muttered to himself.

"When I told them to go all out with the Wreck-theming I didn't realize they were gonna go the extra mile with the actual food..."

Dr. Wiley sat down at a table with some coworkers he vaguely recognized, along with his jacket he'd set down. He sent his daughter a message that the food had arrived, and attached a picture of his meal over the comms:

"Come and get it kidderinos!" he sent.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 08 Luxe: 33 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 1 Power // 1 Air
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Items: none // Notes: Broken LEKTR0flangR (cannot regain Power Units, all hits inflict Disable1, FullACT: Spend 1 Scrap to repair)

Listen Along: Light It Up (feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG) (Remix) - Major Lazer

"YIPE!" Theo yelped, as the JOLTdrone sent an arcing lightning bolt coursing up and down his side.

The drone buzzed angrily as it disconnected its cracking electrical appendage and withdrew. Even from inside his suit, Theo could smell something smoking.

"Aw shiv, uh, Psichonumen, you done sent a bunk drone what gone and fried my LEKTR0flangR!" Theo grumbled, shutting his rig's side-hatch fully. "Gonna give me headaches if'n I don't fix it soon..."

He rubbed his side with one hand and pivoted his rig over to check on Dunk Tuggum's progress. The D-Breaker appeared to be getting acquainted with a Motile Biocover that had been sent direct by his new sponsor, Slüus.

"A Biocover? Grood - we can work sumthin' out." Theo approved, and he fired his Bounder into low running gear to start getting away from the rig silo.

Theo flashed map coordinates to Dunk over the Comms and opened the broadcast up to Bonny-Anne Elsewhere's frequency.

"Bonny-Anne, yo: we're gonna be passing your position and coming in hot! Silo's all yours if you want it."

The rig-mounted Wrecker jammed the control of his bounder for top cruising speed. Though he hadn't seen it for himself, he knew that Dunk had... [other] means of transportation.

Movement: (Dunk Tuggum and Bonny-Anne Elsewhere may peek)
> In his Gamma Bounder, Theo Jumps past Bonny-Anne Elsewhere to the excavation zone 2 hexes away (142 -> 133 -> 122)!

Sponsors: Hey Magitek Mafia, I think you're forgetting something - didja get that thing I sent ya? I never got Challenge credit for it - I think you have to accept it as the winner of your Challenge first!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 5/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 08 Luxe: 33 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 1 -> 0 Power // 0 Air
Hazard Tokens: 1 Poison
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Items: none // Notes: Broken LEKTR0flangR (cannot regain Power Units, all hits inflict Disable1, FullACT: Spend 1 Scrap to repair)

Listen Along: How Deep Is Your Love? - The Rapture

The rig-jacking Junker Theo Reticule jammed along with his music as the powered-up Bounder under his control hopped along the coasts of the grease marsh that contained Bonny-Anne Elsewhere and her Gamma Enforcer. Jacked inside his Gamma Bounder's cockpit, Theo bopped and bobbed his head along with the aural beats and incorporated the impacts from the Bounder's pounding leaps into his dance-like movements. At the very least, the terrain was making the Bounder's landings softer than expected, at the expense of being ten times more slippery. Once you got a good momentum going in one of these greased-up Bounders, though, it was hard to stop.

Everything was going according to plan, too, if you counted Ra Maximum's death as part of the plan. In fact, the 'plan' had gone seriously wrong the moment Ra Maximum had died, but that wasn't the plan currently in question any more. The plan Theo had cooked up after Ra Maximum's death and after the Bounder he'd spiked rebooted itself was to lure said enemy Gamma Bounder away from the Rig Silo, to let Bonny-Anne work her magic on the Carnifex instead - if she so desired.

"Heya, Bonny! - Seeya, Bonny!" Theo said, waving to his rig-comms as his Bounder passed by Bonny-Anne's position waiting in a grease trap. "Watch the baddie-bounder on my tail, would you?"

Without warning, a giant skull emerged from the depths of the grease swamp and opened its maw threateningly. Theo thought he heard the warbling throaty screech of a Horror as the large bony monstrosity propelled itself after Theo and his Bounder in a reptilian sprint.

"G'augh! Shiiiiv!" Theo cursed into the comms. "Guess I gotsta watch my own tail!"

Theo powered up the Gamma Bounder's accelerators a smidge and let the giant lizard give chase while he reviewed his scanners. Apparently, the enemy Bounder did not seem to be enticed by Bonny-Anne and her rig swamped in grease. he did, however, spot Mr. Tuggum's location blip suddenly appear elsewhere up ahead on his minimap.

"Dunk! Good, you made it." Theo exclaimed. "We've got bone-us company: Bonny-Anne's scaly skull-friend, so take cover!"

Things were no longer going according to plan. Dunk was soon to be facing off with two Mutant Manburglars that had been alerted to his presence. On their own those could be dealt with, but with a baddie-Bounder inbound as well as a Sarcophagus Horror on the loose fiending for food, it was anyone's guess how things might turn up. 'Belly-up' was certainly on the table, here.

"Get ready for a trick maneuver!" Theo warned, as his Bounder rushed to the scene of Dunk and the Manburglars by the walls of bone.

Careening along the grease-slicked ground with the Bounder's own momentum, Theo's Bounder suddenly leapt and pivoted mid-leap, landing on its feet facing backwards. On the grease-soaked ground, the Gamma rig slowly decelerated as it slid at high speed towards the walls of bone.

The enemy Bounder, still hot on Theo's tail, wasn't able to stop in the grease slick fast enough in reaction to Theo flipping his rig around.

Theo popped his Bounder's hatch and raised the DPM Shotgun loaded with his last Rigspike round, and fired as the enemy Bounder skidded near. Even if the Gamma rig's pilot saw the attack coming, there was nothing he could do to stop it - nor could he stop the damage from whatever collision they were about to create when both Bounders slammed into this bone wall ahead.

Theo took a deep breath and pulsed his nerves with relaxants and painkillers in advance of the impact. Would he be ready to eject when the time was right? Only time would tell.

Encounter:
> Theo performs a Pop Hatch order, (which takes place after the enemy Bounder's Charge)!
> Rigspike with DPM Shotgun vs Bounder!: 1d12 10 - Hit! 0 damage +Disable3 onto enemy Bounder!

Sponsors: Didja like that play, Sponsors? I swear, I feel like I've been treading water lately, so a little help might be in order. Stay tuned! I'm probably going to ask for something very soon, once the dust here has settled!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 1, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 08 Luxe: 33 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Belt Tokens: 1 Med // 0 Power // 0 Air
Hazard Tokens: 2 -> 3 Poison
Gamma Bounder: RigHP: 2/2 RigMove: 3 Jump RigDR: RigDR 1 RigPower: 3/3 Hatch: Open -> Closed

Listen Along: Xanadu - Olivia Newton-John

As Theo Reticule and the enemy Bounder tangled mid-slide, a cone of Rigspike fletchettes exploded from Theo's DPM Shotgun and they lodged themselves in the enemy Bounder's exterior. Some of the sharp metal bits attached to thin ribbon-wires penetrated beneath the Gamma rig's armor and made contact with its inner circuitry, allowing Theo to shut down the dangerous mech remotely with an influx of overloading signals.

The charging Bounder promptly powered down mid-leap and collapsed to the greasy floor with legs splayed - its momentous attack wholly ruined - and both Theo's Bounder and the Rigspiked Bounder continued to skid and slide along the slippery floor together until they bumped harmlessly against the bony walls and came to a full stop, right where Dunk Tuggum and the two Mutant Manburglars were busy squaring off.

The criminal cretins with the purple proboscises hopped up on Theo's collapsed rig and started wailing on him, as he was exposed and defenseless inside his greasy cockpit. The Manburglars tore at Theo's suit and tried to snatch at his things.

"Back! Back, foul beasts!" the Wrecker Theo yelled at the attacking (sentient) mutants, as he fumbled to reload his shotgun. "Ow! You shivved me!" He cried out in surprise, as a Munburglar stuck him with something sharp.

"Fuggoff!" Theo yelled, leveling his possibly-loaded shotgun at the terrible pair of muggers.

They did so, promptly fugging off into the dank night, somewhere far out of Theo's sights.

Theo gasped in several lungfuls of the poisonous air as he surveyed the scene he'd created. Dunk Tuggum had managed to scare off the Sarcophagous Horror with some expert use of his Handgunnr Helpr and its ability to call in outside help. An assist flare had been launched and some FlavRizR cannons had laid down some bright and flashy ordnance on the massive bone-armored critter.

"Quick, Dunk! 'Jack it while you can!" Theo cheered as the ashen-skinned man climbed on board his new rig.

After Theo got his Gamma Bounder back onto its own two feet, he tried to clean out some of the grease from the cockpit interior before shutting the hatch.

"Bonny-Anne," Theo began into the comms as he started wiping down the dashboard controls. "We've 'acquisitioned' a pair of buddy-Bounders. Dunk and I are just about cleared for takeoff!"

Action:
> FreeACT: Theo salvages his Dignity as a FreeACT! - Salvage is contested!
> FullACT: Theo closes the hatch on his Gamma Bounder!

Sponsors: Okay, Magitek Mafia, it's official! I'm gonna need an Exclusive item from you: a Schema for a Magitek Mafia-brand Scrap Scraper Rig-Tool that restores a bonus Resource token on the user with each use!
> Experimental DeTOXdrone (removes Poison tokens, +25L) of a Magitek Mafia Resource-Squeezing Scrap Scraper Schema (+20L) for Theo Reticule (15L Magitek Mafia, 30L Theo).
Oh, also don't forget to accept my Challenge Submission from earlier, you lazy bums! *wink*

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 3/5 Move: 1 Scrap: 08 Luxe: 18 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Hazard Tokens: 3 Poison
Gamma Bounder: "TerraBrad" RigHP: 2/2 RigMove: 3 Jump RigDR: RigDR 1 RigPower: 3/3 Hatch: Closed

Listen Along: Highway to the Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins

The dog-faced Wrecker in the backwards cap and sunglasses dialed up the volume on his TuneZEN when he heard the next track that started playing on his stream. He began nodding along to the crisp snare drums and the grody guitar licks as he punched up the music's output volume in both the interior and exterior speakers of his Gamma Bounder.

"Y'hear that? Oh yeah, this is my jam!" Theo yelled, fully aware of how much noise he was making, and then he had to pause what he was doing to hit some air drums inside his cockpit with a pair of ghost drumsticks. His fans could edit the sticks into his hands later if they really cared.

"We gotta go back, Dunk!" Theo cried over the noise, using the comms to broadcast his voice to the local Wrecker. "To the Rig Silo, I mean!"

"You've gotta help Bonny-Anne get her groove back, and I've gotta kit coming in to turn this bounder into a Junker's garbage barge! A garbarge, if you would!"

"In fact," Theo continued, yelling over the song conversationally, "I think I've got the name for my new rig: 'TerraBrad'. Whattya think? Pretty slick!"

"Anyway - I'll race you there in our Bounders! Whattya say?" Theo challenged, making no particular offer other than bragging rights. "On the count of three. One, two, THREE!"

Theo jammed the controls of his Gamma Bounder and plowed ahead recklessly, away from the bone walls and back towards the meat swamps containing Bonny-Anne's grease pit.

Theo locked his Bounder on high-speed autopilot and leaned back in his chair to relax.

"I am so pumped," Theo admitted to all the listeners out there.

Movement: (Dunk Tuggum and Bonny-Anne can peek)
> Theo sets his Gamma Bounder to Jump 3 hexes along a randomized route to the Rig Silo (122 -> 133 -> 134 -> 142)!
> Scatter Dice Path [1=132, 2=133, 3=123], [1=W, 2=E]: 1d3 2 1d2 2 - Route: 122 -> 133 -> 134 -> 142

Sponsors: Hey, yo, lookin' forward to that MM-RATS yer sendin' me, Magitek Mafia! I'm gonna take it straight into the Danger Zone to install it, I'm so totally stoked!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 2/2(5) Move: 1 Scrap: 08 Luxe: 18 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Hazard Tokens: 3 Rad
Gamma Bounder: "TerraBrad" RigHP: 2/2 RigMove: 3 Jump RigDR: RigDR 1 RigPower: 3/3 Hatch: Closed
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Items: MM-RATS Templ8 // Notes: Broken LEKTR0flangR (cannot regain Power Units, all hits inflict Disable1, FullACT: Spend 1 Scrap to repair)

Listen Along: No Problem (feat. Lil Wayne 2 Chainz) [Explicit] - Chance the Rapper

Midway through his trip traipsing through the grease swamps in his Gamma Bounder 'TerraBrad,' the Wrecker named Theophilharmonic Johannes Reticule was leaning back in his Bounder's cockpit chair trying to relax through his Bad Gas hangover when he spotted a glowing delivery drone approaching his rig's intended route from the side. Theo slowed down his Bounder's forward accelerators a smidge to allow the strange-looking drone to keep pace with him so it could perform its delivery while Theo stayed on the move. The dog-faced Wrecker was in a Bounder-race with Dunk Tuggum, after all, and he didn't want to get sidetracked or slowed down!

"Delivery time - yesssss." Theo hissed, sitting upright and popping the Bounder's side-hatch open.

The Wrecker Theo reached out the side-hatch for his package with an expectant palm, The DTOXdrone approached the Bounder's open delivery window and deposited a parcel into Theo's opened hands, a packet with a small key fob for use at the Rig Silo inside. Its delivery complete, the DTOXdrone then latched onto the Bounder's hatch and inserted a wand-like instrument inside the cockpit to perform its bonus experimental function.

"Uh, this the medical-procedure?" Theo ventured, just as the drone's beam emitter ripped loose.

The DTOXdrone released a pulsing scatter-wave of radiation that blazed up and down Theo's body in the Bounder's cockpit. Theo could feel the meat and bone and his body heating up from the inside.

"Uh, what?! Aw, nar, miss me with this nonsense! Shiv, this hurts." Theo griped in lamentation as he writhed in discomfort from the radiation beam. "I already went through a hairless phase, T.Y.V.M.!"

Just like that, the irradiating drone stopped its assault, detached from the Bounder's side hatch, and then flew off, back towards Wrecking Crew H.Q., as though it had performed a job well done. Theo could already feel a feverish tingling building in his bones from the radiation's penetrative scouring.

"Whoo-ey! Someone get the number of that MCAD? I swear... these drones must all be Pertinax's doing -" Theo muttered, shaking his head to straighten it out. "These kinds of weaponized fakeouts have the Ammo-Fabbers' stink all over 'em!"

"Ough..." Theo grumbled, pushing his rig to go faster and feeling a little sick from all the jostling. "Okay, no problemos - let's get it, Theo!"

Movement: (Dunk Tuggum and Bonny-Anne can peek)
> (Unchanged from last post) Theo sets his Gamma Bounder to Jump 3 hexes along a randomized route to the Rig Silo (122 -> 133 -> 134 -> 142)!
> New Round, New Challenge Complete: Magitek Mafia's >The Pertinax Pro-lapse (Repeatable): After failing a roll or taking damage, explain exactly why it's Pertinax's fault that such a terrible fate has befallen you.

Sponsors: Hey, Magitek Mafia - I think Pertinax AmmoFab's been... (wait, have they been intercepting these messages?) well, anyway: I'm onto them. Next time you send me something, make sure that no one's tampers with the drone that gets sent, capisce?

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

HP: 2/2(5) Move: 1 Scrap: 08 Luxe: 23 Sponsor: Magitek Mafia
Hazard Tokens: 3 Rad
Utility [0/2]: none // Familiar [0/2]: none // Consumables: Sanigel // Items: MM-RATS Templ8 // Notes: Broken LEKTR0flangR (cannot regain Power Units, all hits inflict Disable1, FullACT: Spend 1 Scrap to repair)

Listen Along: Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo

In their springing Bounders, Theo Reticule and Dunk Tuggum were neck-and-neck in their race to get inside the rig silo first. Both of their greased-up lightning-fast rigs pounded up the building's meaty shores at full Bounder speed just as Bonny-Anne Elsewhere was slowly trudging inside the silo solo with her Gamma Enforcer.

"Made it!" Theo cheered, once he'd cleared the entrance to the silo's main hangar. He threw out his pent up energy in a shout. "Whoo!"

"That was a close call, Dunk!" Theo admitted, hopping his Bounder down to a trot and circling it around. "I think I might've been in the back with that last leap, but, Bonny-Anne: who did you see make inside first?"

The audiophile wrecker Theo was so caught up in his race with Dunk and his music stream that he'd completely forgotten about the Carnifex rig they'd come back here to 'jack. He glanced about the rig silo, saw Ra Maximum's sliced up 'borg bits, and heard the stomping and whirring of rig-rippers behind him as the giant Pertinax Beta rig approached.

"Ah, right." Theo revised, hardening in the face of grim reality. "Forgot we had ourselves a dead man's party. Friendly competitions can wait."

Theo deftly flipped his bounder back around to face the inbound Carnifex and let loose with his rig's Breach Assault weaponry, strafing around the mechanical giant with his Bounder's superior mobility.

"Hya! This is for Ra, you giant guzzunt!" Theo roared.

While he wanted to make the Carnifex less effective in this fight, Theo didn't want to damage the rig overmuch with his weapons. Bonny-Anne Elsewhere had other plans for it, Theo surmised, so he tried to lead the Carnifex with his shots to encourage the Carnifex to stay put. Theo and Dunk just needed to keep the enemy Beta rig pinned down and distracted long enough for Bonny-Anne to get in a hit with her rigspike...

Encounter:
> Suppress Carnifex with Gamma Bounder's Breach Assault array

Sponsors: Yo yo yo, so Magitek Mafia - that last drone was obviously bunk, but I hope we learned our lesson. From here on out, I want only HEALdrones, okay? Until I say otherwise, let's just stick to stuff that we know works fo' sho'! Besides, Pertinax can't mess with those without getting in trouble, is all!