Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

BrassRoots posted:

100% online courses and you get to live in the country sounds like a visa scam run by universities. If I was an enterprising young adult I would move to America then farm out the actual course work to some kid in Bangladesh.
E: not anymore I guess

universities are scams full stop so you are correct

lol at people with 6 figures of debt for a bachelors in psych so they can be a receptionist for an HVAC company..etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Hammerite posted:

is that like a legal declaration? or can they turn around any time they want and say "oh well we didn't really mean 100% online for immigration purposes, oh deary me no"

why would harvard care

i see them as more likely to legitimize reasons for charging out of state/international tuition for less work and exposure :shrug:

not like people are gonna go down to NJ or CT instead, since this is a federal law

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Hammerite posted:

yeah maybe you're right. i don't know anything about the us higher education system anyway.

it seems like ICE is acting to enforce a law that was written without an international pandemic in mind and lawmakers should get their act together and amend the law. you have a competent and humane legislature right?

i think ICE might be an apparatus of a fascist regime, and should be viewed through that lens rather than pretending they care about anything besides being part of the political machine

i see things like this and i assume trump is in a pissing contest again

also i assume roughly 0% of trumps base gives a poo poo about colleges outside of football so this is a freebie attack on the liberal coastal elites :shrug:

Worf has issued a correction as of 12:36 on Jul 7, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol its even funnier when you look at the GOP push to put as many children back in (non college) schools ASAP despite the fact its going to kill literally millions

probably harder to do meth and contemplate voting for trump when you cant hoist your kids off on the school system

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Yes because we allow it.

we dont really have a choice in a lot of ways

2 of the last 3 presidential elections GOP won they lost the popular vote so lol

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Assuming the solution is through the system put in place to keep you complacent is the problem.

There should have been revolt after the FIRST time "the popular vote didn't count".
Or after the first school of kindergarten kids got murdered.
Or after "very fine" Nazis marching.

We allow it.

feel free to become a martyr i guess then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The Persian Funk posted:

Have you seen the average international student? They couldn't conquer a 5 dollar Hot-N-Ready, let alone the most powerful military, and the best-armed populace, in the history of civilization.

lol stfu dweeb