Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

BrassRoots posted:

100% online courses and you get to live in the country sounds like a visa scam run by universities. If I was an enterprising young adult I would move to America then farm out the actual course work to some kid in Bangladesh.
E: not anymore I guess

That's literally the rule they're enforcing here. Online only 'universities' haven't been able to have visa students for that exact reason, and applying that logic and ruling to real universities that are now 100% online only is a logical extension of that. Otherwise whatever the cutoff is for 'real university' to 'online only' would be abused by basically anyone unscrupulous to sell a bogus diploma and 'student visa' to anyone that can afford 30k/year in tuition. Kinda a lovely move, but that more or less describes the last 10 or so years of politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU