Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 10, 2009

I really want to post goatse. I wish I had 10bux

Maksimus54 posted:

Super stoked for the box pass. I'll just ask now for a refresher on how this works and any boxpass etiquette I wouldn't know about since this is my first time

I included a little letter in the box, but the basics are you can take anything out of the box you want, as long as you replace it with something of at least comparable value. I also pre-printed the shipping to make everything as smooth as possible, so to cover your share of shipping you can just toss in an extra stick or two. Also, make sure to post when you get the box!

Once you've done whatever swapping you like, re-pack everything as securely as possible, stick the next label on, and drop it off at the post office. I've got a 60g Boveda in there that should be plenty to keep the cigars fresh during the journey.

If this all goes well it could be fun to do it every few months, weather permitting. Now that I've got all the pieces together it should be really easy to do again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I would love to make the pass a regular thing! I think something I had wanted to include in the box won't quite be ready by the time it gets to me, and I don't want to bogart it 😹

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Had a GTO La Cura earlier and it was real nice. It's gorgeous out so I'm settling in with some Glenfarclas 12 and a Tatuaje black which I've not had before.

Related question-do you guys do anything differently when lighting a closed foot? I usually mouth light to taste the wrapper and then toast some more to make sure it lit evenly

Edit: Does Pete Johnson ever miss? Goddamn this is nice.

Gramps fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 10, 2021

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Yeah those black labels are stupendous.

I don't really change anything up with a closed foot. I'll toast a little longer to make sure I've got an even start, but that's about it.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Just scored a little banger of a Cuban order,

5 Juan Lopez no. 2
5 PL Picadores
5 SLR Regios
4 Diplo 2
4 ERDM Choix Supreme
4 QdO 54

I haven't tried any of these before so I'm pretty jazzed to not have to buy boxes or deal with box splits of each one.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

ERDM CS are the best flavor of any regular production Cuban IMO. if they were a little stronger Iíd probably only smoke them.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Ophidian posted:

Padron anniversarios would be a nice 40th birthday stick. I think they even have a 40th

They do have a 40, but itís a Series 1926. And quite good.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Iím smoking an Ezra Zion Melted Ice Grim and itís pretty tasty. All the EZ stuff Iíve had has been pretty good. Iím debating about signing up for their coffee and cigar of the month club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Had my first yard-gar mowing the lawn, an AF short story. It's clear as hell here in the PNW so I think we'll sit outside around the fire tonight and I'll find something a little more substantial. I don't often smoke 2 in a day but it's nice enough out and I'm sore enough from yardwork I think I've earned it