Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh man the Uno is fantastic, glad you enjoyed it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Dramatika posted:

Just smoked a Joya de Nicaragua Numero Uno L’ambassador. Absolutely fantastic stick, and I generally don’t even really go for Connecticut wrappers - a lot of caramel and vanilla with the perfect spice level, and some random baking spices like nutmeg and cinnamon as well. Up there with Rose of Sharon in that wrapper in my book. It’s taking all my willpower to not find a five pack right now.

I also was irresponsible and picked up a Padron 80th the other day - haven’t smoked it yet, but hoping to celebrate closing on my house with it later this month.

I gotta check out that Joya de Nicaragua, that sounds great. And the Padron 80th is absolutely worth the price of admission, it's a wonderful smoke.

MaddestMethod
Jun 5, 2020
Quality isn't super high but I was surprised how smokeable (albeit basic) my sale 4x4 of Victor Sinclair 55 Series was, even from a place like Thompson. Nothing was overly dry and although not all the flavors were my favorite, the maduros in the batch stood out. Not bad for beginners if anyone is looking to start inexpensive.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!
Ihavs has LGC MDO4 in stock (they have been unavailable for almost two years).

Sold out.

Ophidian fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 6, 2021

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

drat I can't believe I missed that, I've got like two of those left.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
285 dollars is insanity for them though. BACK IN MY DAY…

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Ophidian posted:

285 dollars is insanity for them though. BACK IN MY DAY…

I keep looking at Sir Winstons steadily climb and I hate it.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
I still have the empty box of winnies in my garage box date 09 :(
I miss them terribly

That being said the prices are just going up so you may as well just buy it now while you can. It’s not like Cubans lose vale as they age.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

This is bananas. Steve Saka (Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust) is releasing a line of pipe tobacco cigars. These are gonna be amazing.

quote:

Very Long - Provided for those that are interested - Thanks!]
-
StillWell Star
-------------
Crafted by Joya de Nicaragua, S.A.
Master Blender: Sr. Steve Saka & Mr. Jeremy Reeves
Esteli, Nicaragua
Our Master Ligador, Steve Saka, while known for being one of the world’s foremost cigar experts has also been a pipe smoker for over three decades. For many years he has casually crafted handmade cigars incorporating some of his favorite pipe tobaccos into their blends for his own personal consumption. While he would typically use “English” style blends, he would also mix it up with a few Aromatics, Orientals and others. While he enjoys his pipe smoking, cigars remain his first love and doing this allowed him to combine the flavors and aromas only a pipe could offer into his beloved puros.
When he told this practice to Jeremy Reeves, the head blender of the famed pipe tobacco maker Cornell & Diehl, who himself is also a cigar smoker, everyone’s wheels began spinning at the possibilities. Earnest work began to create a unique, refined smoking experience combining our shared passions.
StillWell Star is the world’s first luxury pipe tobacco cigar.
Cigars incorporating pipe tobaccos into their mix is not new, but almost universally they are unbearably sweet, utilize marginal pipe and cigar tobaccos and are rather simple, heavy handed blends that afford the smoker little sophistication or balance. In short, not the type of cigars that Saka smokes.
StillWell Star is a totally different approach.
All of the cigar and pipe tobaccos used are amongst the finest available, no expenses spared. Each of the pipe tobacco recipes is meticulously crafted in small batches by Reeves utilizing only the best tobaccos and techniques. And each of the cigar ligas was carefully tailored by Saka to specifically showcase and enhance the nuances that each of the pipe blends add to the cigar.
The end result is a truly mesmerizing smoking experience. Four unique cigars each with its own personality, deftly blended to afford the smoker the nuances of the flavors and aromas of the pipe blends, yet work in concert with the black cigar tobaccos. Balance, measured, refined and elegant are all hallmarks of StillWell Star.
Each frontmark provides a unique expression for the smoker to enjoy.
Frontmarks:
Aromatic No. 1 - 6.00 x 52 - Box / 13
English No. 27 - 6.00 x 52 - Box / 13
Bayou No. 32 - 6.00 x 52 - Box / 13
Navy No. 1056 - 6.00 x 52 - Box / 13
Liga Details:
Capa: Grade A Ecuador Habano – High Priming
Capote: San Andreas Negro
Tripa: Various – each blend is different
Forteleza: Mild-Medium to Medium-Full
Frontmark/Blend Descriptions:
Aromatic No. 1: The finest of aromatic Black Cavendish, Golden Virginia and Burley pipe tobaccos added to a mild, Nicaraguan puro to provide a delightfully smooth and room pleasing smoking experience. Each cigar is delicately finished with a cabeza dulce.
Strength: Mild – Medium
English No. 27: A quintessential mix of Burley and Turkish leaf with a generous portion of Cypriot Latakia pressed cake paired with Nicaraguan cigar tobaccos. Rich and decadent, this is a Latakia-Lover's puro worthy of being smoked in an English Manor House.
Strength: Medium-Full
Bayou No. 32: A combination of Bright and Red Virginia leaf with the most select St. James Parish Perique pipe tobacco added to a medium-bodied Nicaraguan puro. It rewards the smoker with a classic yet entrancing, any time of the day relaxing experience.
Strength: Medium Plus
Navy No. 1056: A crumble cake of stoved Red and Golden Virginias with a touch of "Naval Rations" combined with Orientals and Latakia expertly blended with dark air-cured black cigar leaf, this puro rewards the smoker with a unique, aromatic indulgence.
Strength: Medium
Each of these expressions provides the cigar smoker with a distinct experience. The pipe tobaccos exhibit themselves in every puff, yet they work in harmony with the richness of the cigars’ blends. An experienced pipe smoker can clearly discern the flavors typically associated with the classic style of each pipe blend, while the cigar smoker can enjoy these nuances in their preferred smoking format.
StillWell Star’s name is derived from Saka’s interpretation of his own pipe smoking experiences. Due to the nature of pipes, they are a contemplative process in which one needs to be “still” in order to be rewarded with the feeling of wellness. “Be Still, Be Well” is the origin of StillWell Star.
Each of the ligas is offered in 13ct boxes of meticulously crafted 6.00 x 52 parejos. MSRP is $15.30 ea.
---
About Cornell & Diehl
Since 1990, Cornell & Diehl has provided enthusiasts with some of the finest, handcrafted, boutique pipe tobacco on the market. Prioritizing quality over quantity, the blending house uses only a select few grades of tobacco, specially sourced for their inherent qualities, and focuses production to small, limited runs to ensure the quality of each batch. In addition to C&D’s core lines, the manufacturer also produces all the pipe tobacco blends for the celebrated G.L. Pease brand, as well as those for BriarWorks, Two Friends, Drucquer & Sons, and many others. Located in Longs, SC, Cornell & Diehl operates out of a 30,000 sq ft facility, using traditional machinery and only the finest ingredients available.
Notice: Cornell & Diehl is the supplier of the pipe leaf required, but is not receiving any additional royalties from the sale of StillWell Star. Their participation in this first of its kind project is entirely out of their own passion and commitment to creating unparalleled smoking experiences.

Also, box pass has been dropped in a mailbox and should be on it's way to NewFatMike next!

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh hell yeah to that news *and* the box. I've got something pretty special to put in there this time!

I've brought up the L'Atelier Travailleurs a few times, and I bought a shitload of them off CA, and I thought I would provide a little description. I'll be putting a fiver in the box for sure.

Vitola: Short Panetela, 4-1/2" x 38
Wrapper: Sancti Spiritus, a hybrid between Criollo and Pelo de Oro
Origin: Nicaragua

L'Atelier is a Pete Johnson joint started with his friends, and despite a few false starts my palate has evolved such that almost every stick of theirs has become a pretty high flyer in my book. I think the LAT54 Selection Speciale is my favorite. It's regular production (although still pretty limited) so snag one if you can. One of the wildest things, though, is that across all the vitolas, the cigars all smoke wildly differently. They have some similar core characteristics, but each one is well worth trying.

Now this stick in particular is quite special. These are pre-cut like the L'Atelier Surrogates Cracker Crumbs, which is nice and they are pre-packed in five packs. Wonderful for yard work and the like. The flavor on this stick is astonishingly full for such a small vitola.

You can tell the criollo influence on the wrapper, and Pelo de Oro is quite a bit rarer (the hybrid was made specifically for L'Atelier and PdO is rather susceptible to blights and environmental issues). It has a malty, savory-sweet character. A very slight white pepper with some oak hangs in the background with the occasional Cuban ocean flavor poking in.

It has a certain quality that is greater than the sum of its parts in these descriptors. It is distinct from, but occupies a similar niche to, the Bolivar Petite Corona. The BPC is spicier, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but they do similar things for me.

I'm actually smoking the two of them next to each other right now to try and figure out why I feel that way, but I'm very excited to put them in the box. I bought mine on Cigar Auctioneer, and having reached out to Atlantic Cigar, they are apparently backordered.

Give 'em a shot! And heck, the rest of the L'Atelier line is pretty bananas as well - they do a great job showing off the wrapper in all the different vitolas. The Selection Speciale just uses a different priming of the same leaf, so it changes up some as well.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
What's the word on Famous - it and it's associated sites are unreachable (cigarmonster).

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Edit: I totally misread that. No idea. Their websites have always been janky so I assume it’s just a technical issue. I stand by the below post though haha.

Famous Smoke is good, use discount code ups20off or cats (cats is only 17% but the eligibility rules are a bit better). Cigar Auctioneer is my favorite place to buy cigars, if you search for specific cigar names you’ll find a lot of hidden gems. Cigar Monster has some good deals that usually include free shipping (and ups20off works for Cigar Monster items since checkout is through Famous’s main site).

Lyon fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 8, 2021

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Yeah, Famous Smoke and Cigar Auctioneer have been really lovely lately (i.e. for the last several months). Their hosting has been real trash, and sometimes they're just unusable. It's really weird, because hosting should be pretty inexpensive relative to their presumed revenue.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Ya, it's been two or three days now. I'd never seen issues before (I do a monthly order there). When I'm close to doing an order I start watching cigarmonster for something I like. That way I do the normal order from famous, but get free shipping.

I don't think ups20off has worked for a while but cats and cg17 both get 17% off. Also, honey will do a coupon search if you don't mind honey.

edit: According to their twitter they have IT professionals working on it. It's also the whole system, they can't place orders.

porktree fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 8, 2021

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
It's kind of lovely outside but I took today off work so I'm firing up the padron lancero that was in the box; I just recently had the torpedo and it ruled and lancero is probably my favorite vitola so cheers to this!

Hope everyone's having a better day weather and smoke wise

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The box has landed! I'm zonked from (mostly successfully) wiring my house for Ethernet, so I'm going to figure out my trades later.

I do have something special in mind to pop in there, though...

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Oh poo poo hell yeah. Looking forward to seeing the progress!

I smoked a My Father El Centurion H-2K-CT toro on Thursday, and it was so much better than when we first got the box last summer. Loads of white chocolate and cereals, nice white pepper on spark up, a real pleasure to smoke. Wish we weren't down to the last couple. Oh well!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I thought I'd try smoking outside yesterday. AF Queen B bellicoso. It was stupendous, spicy, and perfect all the way through. But at 117 yesterday, even sitting under misters I ended up drinking two quarts of liquid during the smoke so I decided no more outdoor smokes until autumn.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I got a lovely rec from Todd at Up Down (where I'm spending this Sunday afternoon). The Tatuaje T110:

It's a really fantastic Rothschild. It has a no nonsense opener of spice and heat, but it's settling into a beautiful smoke. Certainly on the stronger side and making me want to check out the Fausto line, which is based on this blend.

I have also purchased what I'm trading for that Cohiba while I'm here. I knew I had to make a purchase happen so I could smoke that for my 30th!

Probably more from me to come, it's a lovely afternoon listening to the rain hit the tent. Chicagoans, join me if you want some laid back cigar smoking company (and Scotch that I brought).

Update:

That T110 was brilliant - following it up with a Fausto 10/50, a store exclusive. I've never had a Fausto before, but it's a Lonsdale and opened up with a pepper encrusted steak taste so I'm amped.

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 11, 2021

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

The pact, my friends, is sealed. Here is my pull from the second box pass (forgive the nightmare level lighting in my kitchen):

I pulled the MF Fonseca Cosaco, Rose of Sharon Toro, and the Cohiba 2017 Talisman.

Here is what I put in:

Right to left, that is a L'Atelier Travailleur five-pack (38 x 4-1/2"), La Aurora Preferidos Black Robusto (there was already one in there, but it's a yummy enough smoke to warrant another in there for someone to try), San Cristobal Revelation Prophet, La Aurora Preferidos Sapphire (Connecticut) Double Perfecto, and the Tatuaje Clos L'Eglise. The Travailleurs are intended as freebies, so take one if you are curious!

Let's talk about The Trade: the Clos L'Eglise is my trade for the Talisman. This cigar is only in three stores in the world: Ambassador Fine Cigars, Davidoff of Geneva on Madison Ave in NYC, and Up Down Cigar here in Chicago. As you can see, it is sold in a single coffin. It's a Rosado Oscuro wrapper in a Robusto 5" x 52 vitola. The box is totally sealed, but it sounds quite beautiful on the inside! More details can be found here: https://halfwheel.com/tatuaje-clos-l-eglise/377967/

The coffin, though, is pretty beautiful:

There is a pretty tightly limited supply on the Clos L'Eglise, and I had arrived to this cigar on the recommendation of Phil, one of Up Down's co-owners. We were shooting the breeze and I talked about the box pass, and he said that I was going to love the Talisman because of how much I love the La Aurora Hors d'Age.

I racked my brain trying to figure something out - the Davidoff Zodiac cigars would be a good fit if I could find maybe a Year of the Rat or something earlier, but even those were in pretty wide supply. I do have some 2017 Hors d'Age on hand, but they are from my spouse which they gave me for my engagement, so maybe I shouldn't trade them hehe. The 2018 Hors d'Age, even in the Up Down specific vitola, did not seem like a good fit, either.

Phil suggested the Clos L'Eglise, and I did not know that they are stocked only by three shops at the time, but I did know he wouldn't lead me wrong! So I hope that whoever ends up with this will also write up their review as I do mine! Keep your eye out for it that first weekend in October.

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 12, 2021

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I smoked both of the Tatuaje T110s (Broadleaf and Sumatra), the Broadleaf was really good and the Sumatra was okay. I also smoked the Blackbirds LCA release The Vince which was pretty good as well. I think I'm forgetting some cigars I've been smoking but thank you for being my cigar log Something Awful. Oh, I smoked The Menelik from Foundation and that was super good.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Man I need to try more Tatuaje stuff.

NewFatMike posted:

The pact, my friends, is sealed. Here is my pull from the second box pass (forgive the nightmare level lighting in my kitchen):

I pulled the MF Fonseca Cosaco, Rose of Sharon Toro, and the Cohiba 2017 Talisman.

Here is what I put in:

Right to left, that is a L'Atelier Travailleur five-pack (38 x 4-1/2"), La Aurora Preferidos Black Robusto (there was already one in there, but it's a yummy enough smoke to warrant another in there for someone to try), San Cristobal Revelation Prophet, La Aurora Preferidos Sapphire (Connecticut) Double Perfecto, and the Tatuaje Clos L'Eglise. The Travailleurs are intended as freebies, so take one if you are curious!

Let's talk about The Trade: the Clos L'Eglise is my trade for the Talisman. This cigar is only in three stores in the world: Ambassador Fine Cigars, Davidoff of Geneva on Madison Ave in NYC, and Up Down Cigar here in Chicago. As you can see, it is sold in a single coffin. It's a Rosado Oscuro wrapper in a Robusto 5" x 52 vitola. The box is totally sealed, but it sounds quite beautiful on the inside! More details can be found here: https://halfwheel.com/tatuaje-clos-l-eglise/377967/

The coffin, though, is pretty beautiful:

There is a pretty tightly limited supply on the Clos L'Eglise, and I had arrived to this cigar on the recommendation of Phil, one of Up Down's co-owners. We were shooting the breeze and I talked about the box pass, and he said that I was going to love the Talisman because of how much I love the La Aurora Hors d'Age.

I racked my brain trying to figure something out - the Davidoff Zodiac cigars would be a good fit if I could find maybe a Year of the Rat or something earlier, but even those were in pretty wide supply. I do have some 2017 Hors d'Age on hand, but they are from my spouse which they gave me for my engagement, so maybe I shouldn't trade them hehe. The 2018 Hors d'Age, even in the Up Down specific vitola, did not seem like a good fit, either.

Phil suggested the Clos L'Eglise, and I did not know that they are stocked only by three shops at the time, but I did know he wouldn't lead me wrong! So I hope that whoever ends up with this will also write up their review as I do mine! Keep your eye out for it that first weekend in October.

Speak of the devil! A super rare Tatuaje release is very exciting. Cool addition to the box!

I smoked a San Cristobal Revelation Mystic last night with the boys, one of our last ones from the box. Every cigar from that box was flawless, and incredibly delicious. Rich and peppery on spark up, with lots of fun floral notes as it progressed. Perfect draw, gorgeous construction. Cannot recommend it enough, although I think I'm gonna get the Prophet size next time for something just a little bigger.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh man the Revelation Prophet is a massive step up, that's the 5" x 54. We always have some on hand because they're my spouse's favorite.

Did some financial review now that we're 6 months in on having this house, and it looks like there's a whole lot more pipe smoking than cigar smoking in my future.

Gobbless gently caress Corey Perry, I ordered some Sutliff 79 and Gentleman Caller based on those posts. Boswell have some of the Brown Flake you mentioned, and I might get some from them next month. I love Malört and Campari, so I'm really excited for those.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

We recently got a bundle of the Room 101 Big Payback Maduros and I'm loving them more and more with each one I smoke. Best bundle stick I've ever had, and honestly it's up there with just about any other Maduro I've smoked, flavor wise. Construction is really good too, the only knock is the wrapper is a bit rustic looking. Absolutely must try at its price. JR Cigar gave it cigar of the year last year, and I kinda see why.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

drat that sounds good as hell! $84 for a bundle of 20 in a Toro at Atlantic is pretty excellent.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

drat that sounds good as hell! $84 for a bundle of 20 in a Toro at Atlantic is pretty excellent.

They are mighty fine. Just went and had one and it was great despite a knot about a third in.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Should I be taking cigars out of their box before tossing in a tupadore or can it all go in

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Should I be taking cigars out of their box before tossing in a tupadore or can it all go in

Either way. Largely depends on how much room you have. I take mine out most of the time just because my tuppies tend to stay fairly full. If I had the room I'd keep em in their boxes just because it protects the cigars better and it looks cool.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I have 6 of the Mantello Spanish cedar cigar trays in my tupperdore and they work super well

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

NewFatMike posted:

Did some financial review now that we're 6 months in on having this house, and it looks like there's a whole lot more pipe smoking than cigar smoking in my future.

It's almost embarrassing how much cheaper good pipe tobacco is.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Yeah, I think I'm having a harder time finding pipe tobacco I really like the way I enjoy cigar tobacco.

The Semois is really up my alley - maybe my favorite ever - and I've got a good feeling about Sutliff 79, but I'm not super sure where else to go.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

NewFatMike posted:

Yeah, I think I'm having a harder time finding pipe tobacco I really like the way I enjoy cigar tobacco.

The Semois is really up my alley - maybe my favorite ever - and I've got a good feeling about Sutliff 79, but I'm not super sure where else to go.

Billy Budd.

Nexein
May 2, 2012

"Donuts of
Champions"
I have a grip of pipe tobaccos but I'm in dire need of a real, smokeable pipe that I always just reach for a cigar. Maybe it's time to invest...

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

Give some John Patton Storm Front a try maybe? It's burley blended with cigar leaf, I dig it but I'm not a cigar smoker so can't really speak to if it matches up well. Semois is a type of burley so it may be your style if that's a favorite.

Nexein posted:

I have a grip of pipe tobaccos but I'm in dire need of a real, smokeable pipe that I always just reach for a cigar. Maybe it's time to invest...

I honestly still can't move past my Missouri Meerschaum corn cobs for pure smokability, and they're so cheap you can have a bunch and not worry about beating them up.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

NewFatMike posted:

Maybe try some Grand Croupier, it's pretty good despite the fact that I had never heard of it before.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Grand-Croupier/bulk/

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Billy Budd.

On the list now!

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Give some John Patton Storm Front a try maybe? It's burley blended with cigar leaf, I dig it but I'm not a cigar smoker so can't really speak to if it matches up well. Semois is a type of burley so it may be your style if that's a favorite.

I'll check it out as well!

Seventh Arrow posted:

Maybe try some Grand Croupier, it's pretty good despite the fact that I had never heard of it before.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/Grand-Croupier/bulk/

Too cheap not to try, but I might wait for the natural blends to come back into stock.

Thanks so much friendos! I think there's so much of an array of pipe tobaccos out there that I'm just having A Time getting my sea legs under me. I definitely need a lot of variety, including with my cigars, and I just haven't hit a stride of being able to figure out which tobaccos I like and having an idea of what I might like.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

As a primarily cigar guy, Billy Budd remains one of my favorite pipe tobaccos. Only bad thing about it is it's one of the few the wife complains about. Some others I found I liked were

Mac Baren HH Burley Flake - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/11576/mac-baren-hh-burley-flake
C&D Haunted Bookshop - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1572/cornell-diehl-haunted-bookshop
Peterson Irish Flake - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2698/peterson-irish-flake

I found the more pipe tobacco I tried the more I realized I shouldn't be trying to find a cigar replacement, but just something different. I eventually fell down the VaPer rabbit hole and have been really happy with that. Give me all the plum, haha.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Fantastic! Yeah, I'm not sure I'm looking for a cigar substitute as much as I'm trying to find which pipe tobaccos feel like they scratch the itch?

I adore Boswell Northwoods and Berry Cobbler, but I'm not sure I can do those more than once a day maximum, same for Three Nuns and Presbyterian.

Semois Reserve du Patron so far has been the only tobacco that I can pick up and smoke all day, so I'm looking forward to having a fair stable that I can pick and poke at even if I don't have a few core smokes

I'm deeply envious of my spouse who can just smoke 1-Q and BCA for the rest of their life contentedly!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

It took me a while to come around to the grass / hay of virginias, but if you go that route they're not too strong. The added spice and fruit of the perique really helped me transition away from latakia and burley based stuff.

Escudo Navy Deluxe is my favorite VaPer. Might give that a go and see if it suits you. Orlik Golden sliced is super popular as well, but I didn't like it as much for whatever reason.

Escudo - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/6/scandinavian-tobacco-group-stg-escudo-navy-de-luxe

Orlik Golden - https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/828/orlik-tobacco-company-a-s-golden-sliced-red-tin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

LOOK AT IT!
Has anyone tried the QDO 50s. I have a line on a box that’s very reasonable but I didn’t want to buy before I talked to a few people about them.