Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Smoking some semois for the first time (Reserve du Patron) and this poo poo is fascinating. Presentation is pretty radically different being packed tight into a dry brick and it goes up like kindling as soon as you put a match to it. Despite that there's no harshness as long as you sip it, and a nice rich taste. Seems like it'll be a great summer smoke.

For you cigar folks smokingpipes.com has some semois cigars in stock right now too in addition to the usual pipe tobacco.

I'm dying to try semois but I have so much tobacco I still haven't smoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

If you are a fan of burley in any way, do yourself a favor and grab some semois. It's both fantastic and unique for the genre.

Thanks for tipping me off on Chatham Manor a little while back by the way! I got some and it's a good premium version of the codger blends I'm fond of. It's weird though, Chatham Manor is undeniable better tobacco than Carter Hall, but I don't think I like it quite as much? Something about Carter Hall sticks with me better even though it's more of a Bud to Chatham Manor's craft beer. Unfortunately Carter Hall is sold out drat near everywhere that ships to Canada, I need to get a tub of it when it's back in stock as I'm nearly out of the pouch I started with last year.

Glad you liked it! Yeah supposedly Prince Albert is getting back in stock after people started hoarding it due to some spurious discontinuation rumors, so hopefully Carter Hall is the same.

I know I'm going to buy some semois soon, just a matter of time.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm a cigar idiot but I smoked a smallish Ashton Connecticut and it was real good

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Smoking a Leaf by Oscar Connecticut at (apparently) their flagship cigar lounge in Pittsburgh. Was a little worried at first that this was going to be too intense, but smoking it gently I'm in heaven.

I started smoking a pipe occasionally, mostly Virginia, and found I much preferred it to cigars, which were too intense. But recently I've smoked a few Connecticuts that I've really really enjoyed. The mild flavors nicely temper the fact that I'm sucking on a giant wad of tobacco.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I finally tried Semois, and that poo poo is wild. Really good but not something I'd like to smoke all the time.