Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
huh, had wondered where the CC thread had gone

anyway I was a routine cigar smoker for a couple of years when I lived in the Carolinas and it was warm enough year-round to spend whatever time it required outside. I made a pretty hard stop when I moved to NY cuz I just don't care THAT much. also there's the whole implicit class signifier thing, a lot of weird cultural baggage, etc I just didn't go as hard any more.

oh back then I posted as Stew Man Chew from the 2 or 3 baxposses we organized :)

although I don't smoke often any more I HAVE been diligently keeping up my coolerdor since then and lemme tell you, on the off chance every few months that the fancy hits, being able to casually pull a 7 year old HupMag or HdM Epicure out and have a SPECTACULAR smoke is earnestly a fuckin blast.

the one day over Christmas that it got bizarrely warm enough to go fail at hitting golfballs in the park with my FIL and smoke for about 45 minutes was probably the most positive emotion I've felt since COVID hit.

i was initially pretty skeptical of ~*aging*~ and people being able to pontificate about distinctions between whatever years at whatever time, but there's 100% validity there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I can’t find my xikar single jet with foldout double punch :( great torch, I miss it. Don’t even remember what it was called, but it was hefty

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Davidoff has always just screamed Lifestyle Brand to me, I have never hosed with it

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Smoking a I dunno how many years old Siglo VI to celebrate winning our housing case

Flavor is fantastic, vitola... it’s not my fave.

honestly even the aroma of it idly smoking in the tray is innnnncredible. Chop this up and burn it in a censer or something, yum

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 22, 2021

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
pulled another Master Blends 3 torpedo out of the cooler after... 6 years?

smoked great, middle third OUTSTANDING, they really know how to make cigars

helped that it was the actual first nice day out in forever here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
allo old friends

it's been... i dunno... eight months since I smoked a cigar. wife's out of town so I am dipping deep into the humidor for a 2012 H. Uppmann epicure #1

delightful!

I hope you are all well.