Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Padron remains probably the strongest overall producer for me. I love My Father stuff, it has nice selection of flavor profiles and is top quality. The Leaf by Oscar series is great, and I love most Nubs.

But this poo poo right here.

Nutty, peppery, just a tiny touch of sweet on top of the leather. It's very late when I started this up, otherwise I might have gone for a 6000 instead of a londres to enjoy it a bit longer. It's too bad Padrons have been so hard to find lately, but at least Atlantic has an Alert When In Stock function on their listings.

So far I've had the following Padrons:

Natural:

Corticos (cigarillo)
Londres (corona)
2000 (robusto)
6000 (torpedo)
Panatelas (panatela)

1964 Principe (petite corona)

1926 No. 35 (corona)

Maduro:

2000 (robusto)
3000 (robusto+)

80th Anniversary (big double perfecto)

Obviously the 80th Anniversary was a masterpiece. The 1964 Principe is a punchy, beautiful stick, and is right in the "special but not too special" occasion market. Of the main line offerings, I think my favorite is still the 2000 natural, with the Londres a close second. The Panatelas are lovely, but a bit finicky due to the extreme format (6.9 x 36). The Corticos are a must-have short smoke. Broadly I agree with resident Padron fiend ThatOneGuy that the natural is better than the maduro up to the 1964 line, since the natural 1926 I smoked was too mellow for me. The main line maduros are great, but I like wood and spice more than espresso and chocolate overall.

I'm hoping to one day try all of the vitolas of at least the natural main line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Oh, totally misunderstood apparently! I'm on team natural.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Are the Padron Damaso any good? I enjoy an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper in general, and I'm curious how Padron handles it.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I smoked a Padron 6000 the other night that was off the chain. Gorgeous cigar.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Super sorry to hear it dude, that sounds terrible.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

So we're back into spring (in most places). I'm thinking this means it's time for another box pass. Y'all in?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

My goon is on the forums for 18 years without plat, it's almost impressive.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Ishamael posted:

I loved sending lowtax money so much and yet i never paid him more, its my one regret

:smith:

I'll just imagine the discord info

EDIT: a shameful return to the cigar thread after 7 years

I'm just teasing my dude, I'll just make a short-term link and update it until you join: https://discord.gg/vJprkvCx

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Ishamael posted:

Thanks man! It says it is expired, but that's on me because I didn't check the forums for a while because I am old.

New link! https://discord.gg/j7WMga24

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I think Atlantic is the best all-round experience. Cigar Page has a few things that are cheaper and easier than anywhere else, but they trend towards large RG and are also gigantic chud idiots. Cigar Auctioneer is great for deals hunting, but being an auction site it has its own bullshit. Cigar Bid has easily the worst packaging of any of the places I've ordered from, and a somewhat more limited selection than CA for a bargain site, but the prices are about as cheap as it can get on the stuff they have.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

NewFatMike posted:

Lots to update about :

The Casa Fuente was pretty good! It’s like the Opus X or other higher end Fuente smokes in that it starts very very light and delicate and ends up being a powerhouse. I’m actually not certain I’d be able to tell the higher end blends apart blind.

I did get my first Falcon pipe in though! It came two days ahead of schedule, so I’ll really get to break her in over this work trip this week.

I’m about halfway through my first bowl, Sam Gawith Grousemoor. It’s super super good, and this “short” stack bowl is absolutely massive. I have some fine tuning to do on my loading, but the bowl is smoking great.

I really hope this solves the gurgling and maintenance problems that keep me off pipes routinely—so far so good, though, as I didn’t get a mouthful of fine flakes while puffing! I do like that you can remove the bowl from the stem mid-smoke without hurting it like as it would with pipe shank mortises and tenons.

Yo that is a sexy pipe.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Social Media posted:

The platinum grab bag I ordered from Atlantic Cigar came in today. These were the contents:

Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real (Toro)
J. Fuego Sangre de Toro (Toro)
Kristoff Ligero Maduro (Gordo)
Nub Habano (460)
Manuel Alonso 1867 (Toro)
Montecristo (Robusto)
601 Blue Label Maduro (Toro)
Gurkha Seduction (Toro)
Alec & Bradley Nico Puro (Robusto)
Cain Daytona (Robusto)

These are all new to me so unless I end up hating most of them I think it will have been worth the $40. Smoked the Nico Puro earlier tonight and it was pretty enjoyable. A lot of cedar and red pepper at light up that settled into more black pepper, earth and oak. Looking forward to working through the rest.

I can vouch for the Nub Habano and the 601 Blue, at least. And yeah, hard to go wrong with 10 sticks for $40.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Hello thread I'm sorry I've not been posting much but the Discord is a lot easier for posting pictures. Was talking with Oph again and we want to do another round of Secret Santa. Are any of you threadposters in the mix?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Paging pipegoons to the thread

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The weather's getting cold, people are firing up their propane heaters and pellet stoves, which means it's time for another Cigar and Pipe Thread/Discord Secret Santa!

Let's aim for a value of ~$25-$30 shipped. If you'd like to participate, please send me a PM with the following information:

• Tobacco formats you enjoy (pipe, cigar, or both—more esoteric formats also considered)
• Preferred styles (i.e. maduro cigars, narrow/wide RG, aromatics, burley, whatever)
• Whether you would or would not like accessories (pipe tools, PerfecDraws, etc.)
• Something you like to eat or drink (or both!)
• A random hobby/interest
• Your address

Entries need to be in within a week (by Nov. 27th). If you don't have plat (????) just post and we'll figure something out. I'll take the info and send out assignments by Dec. 1st, so there should be plenty of time to make a package and get it shipped for Christmas.

Kenning fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 21, 2022

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Just clarifying, it's Secret Santa, not a box pass! We'll do a box pass in spring again inshallah. I did get your PM, though.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Hey all, I've been super lax in getting the Secret Santa stuff out (got wrecked by Black Friday at work), but also only a handful of people signed up! If you don't want to miss out please send me a PM and I'll have everybody lined up tomorrow.

Kenning posted:

The weather's getting cold, people are firing up their propane heaters and pellet stoves, which means it's time for another Cigar and Pipe Thread/Discord Secret Santa!

Let's aim for a value of ~$25-$30 shipped. If you'd like to participate, please send me a PM with the following information:

• Tobacco formats you enjoy (pipe, cigar, or both—more esoteric formats also considered)
• Preferred styles (i.e. maduro cigars, narrow/wide RG, aromatics, burley, whatever)
• Whether you would or would not like accessories (pipe tools, PerfecDraws, etc.)
• Something you like to eat or drink (or both!)
• A random hobby/interest
• Your address

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Mike nooo

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

The Leaf corojo is the best, imo, although a buddy of mine favors the Connecticut. The maduro wasn't bad, but it felt less complex than the corojo, but I'm also less of a maduro fan overall.

Just moved into a friends' place for a couple months as a bridge to my next apartment, and they've got a nice yard. More importantly, it's not directly on the coast so my cigars aren't going to be nearly as wet. Trying to decide what to smoke to celebrate the relocation.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Ohhhh, yeah, it's probably LAT o'clock. Hell, it might even be LATcero'clock. Unfortunately today was weird as hell for Oakland, like 85 degrees, 100% humidity, and vague drizzles, presumably a distant side effect of post-tropical storm Hilary. Maybe tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Welcome! You should join the Discord, where a lot of daily smoke info happens. PM me for a link, and also I can send you some fresh smokes if you wanna get back into things.