Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
Years ago I used to post in this thread looking for cigar and pipe tobacco recommendations. Since then I've moved to mostly smoking pipe tobacco. Around the time I made this switch, I bought a ton of Frog Morton stuff, which I've been smoking ever since. Today I noticed that I was starting to run low on my favorite blends, notably Frog Morton on the Town but when I went to order some more I learned much to my horror that Frog Morton products have been discontinued for some time now. Do you all know of any blends that are similar to On the Town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
It really is a shame they closed up shop. Years ago I took a look at the vast amount of tobacco out there and basically settled on Frog Morton stuff as my go to. I've got one full tin of the Cellar mixture and about half of a tin of On the Town left. Not even sure where to even start looking for something of similar quality, even if it isn't similar in taste profile.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
After mourning McClelland 3 years after the fact, I picked up a tin of Peterson's Nightcap, Early Morning Pipe and C&Ds Kajun Kake, all three of which are quite nice. Indeed I will probably explore more of both companies stuff next time I place an order.

Edit: Question for you pipe smokers in the thread, do you all smoke different types of blends (ie. latakia vs perique vs whatever) in different pipes?

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

Never had it before, but I have an order of Northwoods from Boswell's on the way and I've heard it mentioned as a new home for people seeking Frog Morton replacements.

Nice, you will have to let us know what you think. I've been smoking a lot of Kajun Kake from Cornelle and Diehl, Peterson Nightcap (never had it when it was branded under Dunhill or whatever it was) and Haunted Bookshop also from C&D. I also got a tin of Plum Pudding from Seattle Pipe Club and I haven't decided what I think of it yet. I might love it.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

NewFatMike posted:

The nub is a success!

How much time did smoking this thing take? I was trying to guess but really I don't even know where to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009
After several years of basically not buying sticks except one at a time, y'all got me back on it again. Bought myself some heartfelt beads and am currently getting my humidor back up to its proper percentages before I buy anything. My brain is excited but my wallet is not.