Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

smoking a pichardo liga privada, bought it as a random smoke because i had to piss and didn't want to be in the humidor anymore. i have to say, it's a solid smoke. the draw is nice, and i'm pairing it with a solid oatmeal stout that's really hitting all the notes i want. a quick google search says it's something new, but i'm definitely a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Yeah, I'll be honest, I couldn't figure out anything from the band. I can't find any other information about it online, which is kind of weird.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Somehow I couldn't find it last night, but this is also it: https://stogiepress.com/cigar-review-pichardo-reserva-familiar-san-andres-toro-rated-88/

I really enjoyed it and I will be buying more.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Mrenda posted:

Sure, I might never smoke in a cigar lounge in the US

Do you not have cigar lounges near you? We have a pretty nice one by me in Southeast MI that also serves great booze and killer steaks.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

popped another one of those pichardo san andres tonight after a work get together, and i'm still impressed. a solid profile with a perfect draw straight out of a 1950s movie.

in other news i've started putting together a tupperdor so i can start picking up some boxes of sticks i enjoy. just waiting on the container to be delivered, otherwise i have my hydrometer calibrated and my cedar trays waiting to be paired with the boveda packs. probably going to let them sit together after washing the sistema container with baking soda and letting it dry in the open for a bit. i used to have a cheap-ish humidor for a bit, but it stopped holding a decent humidity prety quickly. feel like the tupperdor will do me right.

i'm still enjoy the pipe tobacco i've been rocking but sometimes i like the super earthy taste of a decent cigar, and i always hate having to go any buy one at a time.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I've been seasoning my cedar trays for my tupperdor by throwing a few 84% boveda packs in there. It's been like 3 days and it seems like it should be only a few more days before it hits 84% (it's at 79% right now). Once it holds at 84% for a day can I just assume it's ready to go?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lyon posted:

I also ordered cedar trays off amazon to put in the boxes that donít have them, should I just dunk them in distilled water for a minute and let them dry?

I hope you really don't mean dunk. You definitely don't want to do that.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

How long has Boveda been around? Last time I tried to maintain a humidor was probably over 10 years ago, and I donít remember even hearing of Boveda or their packs that seem to work like magic.

Just tossing some bags in a box seems way too easy compared to refilling propylene glycol and keeping tabs on it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Hey thanks to whoever informed me that cigarbids is a thing because my amex is on fire right now.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lyon posted:

One of us! One of us! One of us!

What are you bidding on? Open right now on CigarBid AJF Box Press Perfecto II sampler Kenning has been enjoying, AJF Divina 10 pack is one of the current specials (seems like a heavy discount but no idea if itís worth it), Aging Room Quattro Nicaragua Maestro 5 pack cigar of the year 2019, etc. are all up with a decent number of lots. If I see solid cigars, for a decent price, with large-ish lot quantity Iíll try to post them periodically.

I'll have to check again since I just sorta clicked a few, but right now I know for sure I won a box of of those my father la promesa that was linked earlier and last I checked I was still in for those aging room quattros.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

You know, I thought the big Sistema with 2 cedar trays would be a ton of cigars, but I got my 30 smokes in today from my cigarbid order and I nearly filled one tray. I guess Iím going to be a multiple tupperdor guy. Nobody in my house but me to complain at least.

I nabbed the ď92+ Rated Big-Name ShowdownĒ which is 10 different sticks for $30 on cigarbid. Smoking an Olivia Serie O torpedo and itís a good smoke. Not really familiar with Olivia but itís quite tasty.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lyon posted:

I have 5 Sistemaís now . I just put one tray in the bottom because the second tray just barely fits (assuming we got the same size) and I didnít want to mess up the seal on the box.

the two trays did not fit for me at first, either (it was extremely close), but i took a wood plane and shaved like an 1/8Ē off each, then sanded the faces I shaved and it was perfect.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I got a 20 pack of those Olivia Proteges for like nothing on Cigar Bid a week or so ago. Got into them yesterday and today. A plain but solid smoke that I could see being a daily stick. Im sure the ďprotegeĒ thing is just a marketing gimmick, but I wonít complain about cheap Olivias.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Did anyone link this yet?

https://twitter.com/OriginalYoni/status/1301185618194685952

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I really need to get a decent lighter. Ive been using matches for awhile and itís starting to get windy out these days, sometimes I go through 4-5 of them before I get one that burns past the sulfur.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Dramatika posted:

Finally got some cedar shelves to organize my tupperdors

Unfortunately they're just a hair too big to fit two of in one tupperware, but I found some smaller ones online I can use on top of the existing.

I used those same trays. I used a plane to shave off a bit off the top of the trays (plus a little
sanding). Didnít take much, and they fit great now.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Wow folks, cigarbid is awesome. So awesome, my first tupperdor is at absolute max capacity and i cant fit all my sticks inside it now. Have 6 that are in a plastic ziplock bag right now.

I did not foresee this coming.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kenning posted:

Looks like someone needs to upgrade to a bigger box!

I think ill start a second one, the first one i have is a pretty good size, i have 2 of those cedar trays in there. Unless sistema makes a taller one or something that could fit 3-4 trays. The width and depth of the one i have now is perfect.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I smoked a CAO Flathead V660 today and I think a 60 ring is just too damned big.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kenning posted:

It's a tasty cigar, but I definitely agree that 660 is loving massive for how intense it is.

Yeah, it may take me a year or so to go through the other 19 I got.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Smoking an EP Carrillo Seleccion Oscuro right now trying to enjoy the end of ďchilling in the drivewayĒ season. Itís got a peppery taste that Iím digging, and provides a solid flavor profile.

I dig it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Had a chilly night, and sat out a fired up my Peterson pipe with some Lane 1Q + BCA mix I had in a mason jar. Forgot how smooth pipe tobacco is, it really hit the spot.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Its an uncharacteristically warm November day in Michigan (70 degrees) so I took a break to enjoy one of the My Father La Promesas I bought a few months ago. The toro is a perfect size for this, and I really, really enjoy these, especially at the price point. Iíve been smoking pipe tobacco recently since itís been freezing out recently and my aromatic tobacco is fine indoors, but now the cigars feel like a real treat.

Also, I found my cigar lighter I thought I lost while building a little corner shelf for my cable modem/router/switch/NAS rats nest, so Iím not burning through a ton of matches fighting the wind.

Life is good.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I like to mix 50/50 of Sutliff Vanilla Custard and their Black Cherry. It makes my living room smell great.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I canít wait for COVID to end. Thereís a cigar bar near me grandfathered into having a liquor license, indoor smoking, and can serve food. Used to go there with some of the guys after work on Fridays. Itís nice to get a top notch dry aged steak, a badass charcuterie platter, and have your waiter cut your cigar for you. Maybe itís the endless glasses of Lagavulin, but the cigars always seem to taste better and smoke better in there.

I miss it so much.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

That Q-flame poo poo looks like it would fix my not being able to comfortably smoke cigars in the winter problem.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

God i may just order one, then, that sounds good for doing other things, too, like drinking outdoors with my people, while still maintaining a decent amount of distance and not in my home.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Is the Utah restriction due to some state law? You may need to find a local source, then.

I use pipesandcigars and itís astounding how cheap pipe tobacco is. I fill mason jars for around $10 and itís more than I can smoke in any reasonable amount of time. I have a few jars that are some mixes Iíve been doing (i do 50/50 sutliff black cherry and sutliff vanilla custard that i love), and the standard 50/50 lane bca and 1q. I canít believe anyone makes any money selling tobacco like that.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Is your patio covered? I don't have anything with a roof outside so I'm apprehensive about getting something like that if it's going to rust. Maybe my spring project should be building a brick patio in my back yard behind my house...

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Lyon posted:

Smoking a La Gloria Cubana Serie R and it is extremely mediocre. If I hadnít lit the pellet stove I would have just tossed it but once this baby is burning thereís no going back. After having this pellet stove for a couple of weeks I have to say that I love this thing.

I was hoping youíd give your thoughts on this. Iím really considering one just so I can have someone come by and hang out outside in the middle of winter. Now that itís freezing out I have very little human contact, so that thing seems like it would solve my problem.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

i picked up a cheap box of drew estate's tabak especial cafe con leche, and i don't dig the sugar dipped tip, but it's a solid, fun smoke i can chill in my garage with on a 38 degree day at the end of the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Ive spent the last 4 nights out in the cold, in my garage, listening to dan carlin podcasts.

Feels good, man.