Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Picture in picture for the puppy battle royal I love this company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
This match is better than anything I called in 2000.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Tony lmao

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

"shits WCW 2000"- big tone

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Neodoomium posted:

Jericho cannot be harmed by losing and certainly cannot be harmed by losing to someone as insanely over as Orange Cassidy

Yeah, Jericho had absolutely nothing to lose there. Unless you plan to IMMEDIATELY put him back in the title picture and even then Jericho doesn't lose credibility by losing to one super over guy and title shot qualifications are... flexible.

My only worry would be what you do with OC if he beats Jericho since you'd want to capitalize on that and I don't see an obvious direction for him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Jericho had absolutely nothing to lose there. Unless you plan to IMMEDIATELY put him back in the title picture and even then Jericho doesn't lose credibility by losing to one super over guy and title shot qualifications are... flexible.

My only worry would be what you do with OC if he beats Jericho since you'd want to capitalize on that and I don't see an obvious direction for him.

Completely agree with you, but they're absolutely saving OC's big win for when they have a crowd

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
MJF WINS AGAIN!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I always thought this sort of stuff was cheesy when WWE did it and really didn't expect AEW to actually make goofy charity stuff entertaining

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that was ridiculously cute for a little event

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

How does puppy MJF win and we don't get a MJF victory promo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its kind of a shame that lady had such standard favorites and didn't name her puppies Jack Evans and Diamante.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Well

I needed that

Even though i now saw Orange Cassidy lose twice in fifteen minutes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

lamentable dustman posted:

How does puppy MJF win and we don't get a MJF victory promo

MJF doesn't have enough time here so it's booked for next week

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I was honestly okay with everything in that match except the orange juice spot, since I have no idea how that wouldn't be a DQ. Even the announcers were noting Aubrey looking right at it

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So yeah when the chips were down ultimately Jericho didn't take a singles loss to either Jungle Boy or Scorpio Sky either. He's only lost to Moxley and his next loss will probably be to Moxley again.
(Also somebody here did subtlespoilers a few days ago so I was 99% sure what was going to happen anyway).

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Kif enjoyed the puppy match!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
with that match against Jericho, OC should be able to go over anyone in AEW that's not Moxley or Jericho, so I'm hoping to see him go on a hot singles run, or maybe mix it up for the TNT title

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dango Bango posted:

Completely agree with you, but they're absolutely saving OC's big win for when they have a crowd

sometimes you jerk off too long and it becomes a soggy wet noodle. Raven taught me that.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The people were morally if not factually correct

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

I keep going back and forth on this and the longer this goes on the more I feel like you'll get just as a big moment when it's the first time it happens with a crowd.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Reality Protester posted:

sometimes you jerk off too long and it becomes a soggy wet noodle. Raven taught me that.

I feel like tonight should have been it too but what do I know

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Reality Protester posted:

Not disagreeing with you. Just recognizing their strategy.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
do we believe AEW would put big Plat on OC regardless of his t-shirt sales?

he might have a hard ceiling at TNT champ

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think there's fundamentally an odd and contradictory idea to make the decision to run shows without crowds but not want to pull triggers without a crowd. Where does that leave you?

They were willing to debut Brodie and FTR (and Archer?) and Cage and give Shida the title so I don't think that's AEW's fear. I think they just didn't plan t put OC over there because there was no clear next step. And Jericho is working with younger talent and making them look good, but he's coming out on top 99% of the time. So that's where we are.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
OC is going to win G1 next year

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
taking to other thread

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's going to turn against Jericho eventually if every match with him is the same old song and dance. No one wants super cena anymore, even if it's the cheating evil super cena.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Chris Jericho is presented as one of the best wrestlers in the company and he has a 3-1 singles record this year, one of which was a squash against a jobber.

A top guy winning TV matches is not bad booking

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

It's going to turn against Jericho eventually if every match with him is the same old song and dance. No one wants super cena anymore, even if it's the cheating evil super cena.

i want cheating evil cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New Discussion Thread.