Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

One thing that I don't think was pointed out in the videos is that the game's Great Moral Choice is fundamentally broken. You have the option to harvest or save the Little Sisters, but there is no reason whatsoever to harvest them. Note that Tea was more gated by the slots than he was by available ADAM, and those are progression restricted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Gnoman posted:

One thing that I don't think was pointed out in the videos is that the game's Great Moral Choice is fundamentally broken. You have the option to harvest or save the Little Sisters, but there is no reason whatsoever to harvest them. Note that Tea was more gated by the slots than he was by available ADAM, and those are progression restricted.

Also, I think you get more ADAM by saving them anyway, due to the gifts.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Either more, or close to the same amount .

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I remember a video saying that Rapture was technologically possible to build with what was available at the time but I can't track it down.

Gnoman posted:

Either more, or close to the same amount .

You get more ADAM by harvesting but between the Big Daddy plasmid and the other stuff you unlock I don't know what it actually works out to.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I don't know how accurate this statement is since I've never played this game, but apparently the difference between harvesting and saving the Little Sisters becomes a lot more apparent on hard mode since enemies can take a lot more punishment.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

I played on Hard mode when I went through this game, and my experience was that ADAM became less important, not more, because the plasmids became much more useless.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

anilEhilated posted:

I'd love to see you do Infinite at some point; most of the division surrounding it is due to the story, though. Gameplay-wise it's a definite improvement.

Eh, I dunno about that. It switches the permanent arsenal of Bioshock for a temporary loadout like Halo would do, and keeping in an upgrade system in those circumstances doesn't make sense to me. Also, the Vigors in Infinite feel pretty vestigial compared to Plasmids, both in terms of how similarly they all function and in terms of them not being as integrated into the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
What can I say, I just love skyrails that much.