Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
The pools of water are one of those cool environmental tricks that end up being too good. Outside of a few really obvious tutorial appearances, there's really very few pools of water in the rest of the game, and very few are in spots the enemies will stand in naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
Tea's willingness to follow the arrow instead of exploring everywhere but where it is pointing is deeply disappointing to me. Half the fun is looting everything that isn't nailed down.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
Rapture, the city where the artist shall not fear the censor! Unless the artist wants to print the Holy Bible, or glorify Christ.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
Well, it took much less time than expected for Tea to abuse the Consequence free death in this game. I generally would try to avoid doing that, as the atomosphere works better if you at least pretend that that death is a problem.

Also, consider buying medkits from the vending machines? Also using the pile of armour piercing pistol rounds you have been saving up on the big daddies?

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
It's good to see Tea feeling more comfortable with the game-abandoning the one two punch in favour of shotgunning everything that moves seems to be helping. One thing that does bug me is the amount of money that Tea is lugging around-spend that stuff! The ammo vending machines have special ammo for purchase that could really help.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
You haven't played bioshock until you take down a big daddy that doesn't have a sister by accident.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
I am a little disapointed that Tea didn't explore fort frolic more carefully. There's some good stuff (mechanically and otherwise) in the optional rooms.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
One thing that bugs me about this point in the game is that the upgraded basic splicers, tommy gun leadheads and electrified thugs, are annoying bullet sponges compared to the rest of the enemies in the game.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019

VictualSquid posted:

Man that part is just so dumb.
Ryan clearly assumes that killing him is so inconceivable that it is the worst thing anybody can be made to do. And considering the way the scene is presented the developers seem to assume that you would want a choice to spare him.

This game a weird relationship with Ryan. Despite all the terrible things he does it always lionizes him a bit, respecting him for his "will" and "intellectual integrity" and other bullshit. There's also the niggling notion that Atlas being secretly a self serving criminal instead of an actual champion of the people implies that everything in Rapture was just fine and dandy before the Bad Man did Bad Things.

Annecdotally, I've seen several people come off this game thinking objectivisim is rad, which is all that really needs to be said about it's function of a critique of the easiest target possible.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
I also feel that explicitly referencing the vita-chambers in an audio log was a mistake. Up to this point, where they are conspicuously absent from all the logs and dialog, its easy to dismiss them as a gameplay contrivance, but now that we know they are a real thing, it just opens a can of worms. Why do Ryan and Fontaine try to kill you with splicers and kazoo bots knowing full well that you will come back from any amount of bullets?

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
The big daddy was entering the "return little sister to vent" animation just as tea found it for the third round, with the big daddy on super low health. Thus Tea got no little sister for all his effort and ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019
In the fight outside the clinic the enemy turret was shooting the splicer in the back, and breaking the electric stun.