Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Damanation posted:

I can’t believe it ended that well. It seems like they aren’t usually so successful in their assigned missions?

I’m curious, have you ever had your players end up working together on their secret missions? It seems like the way they handled the self destruction required a good degree of trust. Then again, they were back to sniping at each other during the debriefing.

I hope we see that green insec officer, he was great and very off putting. Radbot, will be missed, unless he is reassigned to the team again, which would be interesting given his countdown.

I’m really excited to hear the debriefing episode.

Players do often end up working together on secret missions- although often, unintentionally. Or only partially. It's common for someone to say: "Look, I REALLY need to make sure this drawbridge is lowered before we leave. I can't explain why, but it would be REALLY good. In fact, I'll give everybody twenty credits if that happens, for no particular reason." Or things like that.

Sometimes people have successfully convinced everybody to do their secret mission without anyone even realizing it. People often try (sometimes unsuccessfully) to disguise their secret society missions as the actual main mission of the game. Or at the very least, a special mission from friend computer.

Also, just to satisfy my own curiosity, I calculated the average mission score of the team for every mission in the past that still have the notes I wrote down for.

Before this campaign started, that average was -3.7143~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I haven’t listened to the newest episode yet, but I wanted to let you know that this is absolutely my jam. Most podcasts of tabletop games leave me cold for one reason or another, but you and your players have great chemistry, and everyone seems like they’re having so much fun that I get completely sucked in. Thanks for putting all this together.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 7: Partied Out

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh yeah now we get to the GOOOOOOOOOD stuff. It's Treason time.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh yeah forgot about The Party Boy green officer.

Can we get some background on that Friend Gostputer?

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

You'll learn about that next week, in Frit's segment!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Just started the first one and I'm really enjoying this.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Yeah, I don't post much in the thread, but I'm really enjoying this campaign - the "What's Their Treason"-type interludes discussing all the secret stuff going on really add a lot to the experience.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Extremely grateful to hear that from both of you. Good to know people are listening and wanting to hear more, as always! I think I already mentioned this in the episode, but I am preparing for mission 4 this week. We'll be playing sunday, hopefully. Sadly you won't be hearing anything from mission 4 for a long time, but it's exciting nonetheless. I do wonder if I can somehow get some thread interaction into the game, but... How can I possibly do that when they're hours and hours ahead of the viewers? Maybe if/when the recordings catch up to the show? Who knows.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I am honestly excited for when Frit's segment comes up for treasonous Totally Legit Actions comes up.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gosts posted:

Extremely grateful to hear that from both of you. Good to know people are listening and wanting to hear more, as always! I think I already mentioned this in the episode, but I am preparing for mission 4 this week. We'll be playing sunday, hopefully. Sadly you won't be hearing anything from mission 4 for a long time, but it's exciting nonetheless. I do wonder if I can somehow get some thread interaction into the game, but... How can I possibly do that when they're hours and hours ahead of the viewers? Maybe if/when the recordings catch up to the show? Who knows.

Just bring back thread favourites like PARTY BOI the Green Goon.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'll join the chorus of praise. I really like the chimes you use to intro and outro the little asides, and also the dice sfx to make it clear when someone makes a (public) roll.

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
This isn't usually my jam but the subterfuge and DM interludes really make this fun and interesting to follow. Also bees helping advance Fritt's secret society role completely by accident was funny as hell. There's no way he meant to do that

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Gridlocked posted:

Just bring back thread favourites like PARTY BOI the Green Goon.

I can only hope he is a reoccurring character that we will see often.

That and more radbot so the tampering will come back to haunt everyone

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Bee treason champion 2020

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Are you playing such that new clones get new mutant powers? My exposure to this game is more limited than I'd like but I thought that was a neat thing for incentivizing use of garbage powers.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Wow, sudden burst of activity! Some characters will definitely return, others will not. I definitely won't reveal that ahead of time as that is far above this thread's clearance level.

Sighence posted:

Are you playing such that new clones get new mutant powers? My exposure to this game is more limited than I'd like but I thought that was a neat thing for incentivizing use of garbage powers.

Yes! Sometimes. When people die, I roll a certain percent to see if their mutant power will stay the same, change slightly, or change completely. I can't say exactly what the chance is- but it goes up the more genetic drift you have. (Genetic drift is a secret stat you accumulate by dying a whole bunch.) Also, sometimes stuff like "died from bathing in liquid uranium" might affect the odds, for example.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gosts posted:

Wow, sudden burst of activity! Some characters will definitely return, others will not. I definitely won't reveal that ahead of time as that is far above this thread's clearance level.

Yes! Sometimes. When people die, I roll a certain percent to see if their mutant power will stay the same, change slightly, or change completely. I can't say exactly what the chance is- but it goes up the more genetic drift you have. (Genetic drift is a secret stat you accumulate by dying a whole bunch.) Also, sometimes stuff like "died from bathing in liquid uranium" might affect the odds, for example.

How does dying from bathing in liquid uranium affect your next clone? It's not like your current body is scraped for DNA the exact second you die.

:spergin:

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

You're right, that would be a totally irrational and irresponsible way for clone tech crews to get enough genetic material to start working on the next batch of clones in case someone's stockpile of biomass cultures aren't full enough for immediate decanting, or in case samples are lost due to someone closing the fridge door. That would never happen.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Exactly. They should do the safe and responsible thing and just spit in the cup to top it up if it's low. Or use some from the next pod over, no one will notice.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Pro-mutant treason groups definitely don't exist thanks to Friend Computer being so loved and great. If they did, they would probably go out of their way to add uranium and other mutagenic items into the cloning vats to encourage the growth of mutant powers.

Good thing Friend Computer is so wonderful that nobody treasons and mutants literally don't exist

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I'm dying at everyone saying "Man, I can't believe he programmed a Jakobot to randomly take a swing at a troubleshooter. We never would have found the traitor if he hadn't done such a dumb thing."

There's no way I could have kept a straight face through all of that, so supreme kudos to you.

I haven't listened to the traitor actions intermission yet, but there is something to be said about one of the most proactive bits of treason being the thing that got the traitor they were hunting found out.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

Slaan posted:

Pro-mutant treason groups definitely don't exist thanks to Friend Computer being so loved and great. If they did, they would probably go out of their way to add uranium and other mutagenic items into the cloning vats to encourage the growth of mutant powers.

Good thing Friend Computer is so wonderful that nobody treasons and mutants literally don't exist

Now, now, let's not be too conspiratorial. For all we know in the backstory World War Whatever broke out and there's mutation-inducing radiation in every inch of Alpha Complex because the same goes for the rest of the planet.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 8: Conspiracy to Commit

And tomorrow I have to run a mission, oh boy! Can't spoil anything but there will be interviews, quiz shows, training, tests, cheating, and lots and lots of treason. You'll only need to wait several billion years to catch up...

Speaking of which I need to go back to preparing for that. There's several terrible things I've yet to fully complete. I hope you enjoy this episode! Next week we'll be starting mission 2.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Force them all to be contestants ln what's my treason.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

I don't think anyone would ever be able to guess Frit's treason. Mostly because of Party Boi.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Not going to lie; Frit has a tremendous advantage, being in a Program Group. It makes him nearly impossible to pin. People will have to get him on individual crimes as opposed to a general society.

That's one of the reasons I have to strive to make his life absolutely miserable.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

MISSION 2: "GUARDIAN SPIRIT"
Episode 9: They Was Working on the Tires

I've been waiting a long time for this. Some real good stuff about to go down. And even more in episode 10, which I think will be a big deal.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Oh boy here we go.

Who wants to bet the team forget to note themselves down in the log and get punished for it.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
"Do not perpetuate false rumors of ghosts"? Does this imply there are true rumors of ghosts? :tinfoil:

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

God, actually it would have been really funny if I penalized them at the end of the mission for not marking themselves down. That would have been genius. Sadly, that did not occur to me. Oh well. Maybe if I ever run this scenario for some other group of unwitting fools...

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I've started it and I'm already grinning at the attempted murder and successful malpractice in the autocar.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Well, it's almost time for episode ten, and we've long since passed over a thousand unique viewers so I think it's time that I open a discord, sort of to go alongside the SA thread. You won't be missing out on anything if you join it, it's just a way for people to talk about it if they have not paid ten bucks / don't want to pay ten bucks until it is no longer going to a wife beater.

https://discord.gg/bhuhfXp

I'll add a link to it in the next episode, but this is my soft launch. I'm hoping a couple people would be kind enough to stop in and help me set things up! It might be safer to have a couple goons as moderation staff than a bunch of random people.

(I'd have my friends moderate it but- oops! all my friends from discord are playing the game and i can't let them join the server!)

Gosts fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 13, 2020

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

I'm slightly late! Sorry! Had some things to wrap up and I didn't queue this one ahead of time.

Episode 10: Respiration Expiration

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Build your own medbot! Now with bonus scanning capabilities.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 11: Are there any other GLEMs I should know about?

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Cranken' em out.

Episode 12: Mutant, Traitor, Troubleshooter.

The thread is in a state of decay but that's mostly because the discord is hosting most of the conversation right now. I will, however, be trying to do the list of secret societies soon. I think I might just break it into groups of 2-4 at a time so that I can get them out one piece at a time instead of trying to find a block of time to do them all.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 13: Ram's Inferno

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I really like this podcast! Especially the gm explanations, and the way the players constantly backstab and undermine each other without taking it personally irl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Episode 14: Treason Season

Also, glad to hear you enjoy it! Always happy to hear from someone new.