Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
FTRYB vs Butcher Blade Bros 59 61.46%
Omega/Man vs PP 3 3.13%
Orange vs Chris 33 34.38%
Archer/Joey 1 1.04%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Uno is almost too good at the evil lackey role because he's great in general and he's going to end up being the wrestling version of typecast

Don't get me wrong, at whatever point Mr Brodie's tenure as Exalted One ends, it's definitely going to be Uno who hits the coup de grace on him. He's not a lackey so much as he's the guy behind the guy. And that means you get to decide when you need a new front guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1281239527361777664

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't actually mind the Judas Effect as a finisher but it should be something that Jericho has to charge up by smacking his elbow a whole bunch or it's less effective, like when Mox hits the quick paradigm shift vs. the elevated one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Don't get me wrong, at whatever point Mr Brodie's tenure as Exalted One ends, it's definitely going to be Uno who hits the coup de grace on him. He's not a lackey so much as he's the guy behind the guy. And that means you get to decide when you need a new front guy.

Oh no he's the Fale of the group.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

What the... That defeats the gimmick if AEW recognise the belt.

He's not listed with the other champions so I'm assuming they're not officially recognizing the title until that happens.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I don't mind the judas effect but I do mind when jericho does another "regular" spinning back elbow earlier in every match that just confuses me why that isn't the judas effect.. I guess I don't know the subtle difference.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Pylons posted:

I don't actually mind the Judas Effect as a finisher but it should be something that Jericho has to charge up by smacking his elbow a whole bunch or it's less effective, like when Mox hits the quick paradigm shift vs. the elevated one.

Hard disagree. The Judas Effect is awesome when he uses it as a sneaky reversal (ala how he used it on Cassidy and Kassidy), because it not only looks cooler but also reinforces the idea that Jericho is dangerous due to his guile and experience rather than pure physical prowess. When he just uses it like some regular charging move (ala how he used it on Kenny Omega), it just looks stupid as hell.

e: Now I want a match with Orange and Isaiah as a team, and the heels can't figure out who's who because their last names sound the same

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

DuhSal posted:

I don't mind the judas effect but I do mind when jericho does another "regular" spinning back elbow earlier in every match that just confuses me why that isn't the judas effect.. I guess I don't know the subtle difference.

It's the one that burns meter I guess

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the regular back elbow when someone is running at him looks a lot better than the non-counter judas effect so he should stop doing that for sure

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: wrong thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

OP champions have been updated per request.

Oh my God that's NOT a photoshop of Cage? :stare:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jerusalem posted:

A B S U R D L Y

T H I C C

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think his bicep is bigger than my head

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

https://twitter.com/wrestlesplania/status/1281024829941047297

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

His waist is half a Taz and his shoulders are 1.75 Taz-es

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd like to note he's actually the Taz World Heavyweight "For The Win" Wrestling Champion.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god the FTW belt is so stupid I love it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Endless Mike posted:

I'd like to note he's actually the Taz World Heavyweight "For The Win" Wrestling Champion.

Taz is actually the belt and Brian Cage will now walk out holding him wrapped around his waist

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Taz is actually the belt and Brian Cage will now walk out holding him wrapped around his waist

I hope he throws Taz into the crowd like Cody does with his belt every week.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

For a split-second watching Dynamite my brain confused it with the BMF belt and I was like "What the gently caress is going on"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I say they bring Ryder in and have Cage beat him for his Internet belt. Then go find a Dibiase and get the Million Dollar belt. And then Cage can go and track down all fake titles and form the Fake-Crown.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m less bummed about OC losing than I am about Best Friends not winning last week.

Neither night had anything particularly “important” happen though and I think that’s gonna kill general interest for a little bit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Oh my god the FTW belt is so stupid I love it

The hosed up thing is that the FTW belt, a fake belt, looks a bajillion times better than the TNT belt, a real championship.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

The hosed up thing is that the FTW belt, a fake belt, looks a bajillion times better than the TNT belt, a real championship.

They're all fake buddy

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Is the physical belt that Cage has the same one that Taz carried around in the 90s, or is it a new one?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Maigius posted:

Is the physical belt that Cage has the same one that Taz carried around in the 90s, or is it a new one?

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1281283245485760512

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They're all fake buddy

None of them are fake, do you ever see a champion's pants fall down while wearing them? I didn't think so.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you think Sabu wants another title shot?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

None of them are fake, do you ever see a champion's pants fall down while wearing them? I didn't think so.

put the belt on vince

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Did they actually try to say FTW=For The Win instead of gently caress the World, or are folks just goofing that that’s what that is popularly understood to mean now?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m less bummed about OC losing than I am about Best Friends not winning last week.

Neither night had anything particularly “important” happen though and I think that’s gonna kill general interest for a little bit.

Night 2 featured Brian Cage being crowned (though ironically not winning it given the name of the belt) the For The Win Champion.

In the spirit of the original belt he should put tape over the Taz and write "Brian" on it like Sabu did. Don't ask me why Sabu wrote Brian.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Night 2 featured Brian Cage being crowned (though ironically not winning it given the name of the belt) the For The Win Champion.

In the spirit of the original belt he should put tape over the Taz and write "Brian" on it like Sabu did. Don't ask me why Sabu wrote Brian.

He's a big Blue Meanie fan

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've always felt the belt designs of the 90s looked the best. You had the rounded IC belt, the European title, the attitude era heavyweight title. They all have very spherical clean looks. That's the same style the FTW belt has and it works. I think Cage should lean into it. Have him start coming out in an orange and blank singlet. Go all in on that gimmick.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Very weird thinking about how the lil Tasmanian Devil Taz is a legitimate elder statesman of pro-wrestling.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

blunt posted:

Very weird thinking about how the lil Tasmanian Devil Taz is a legitimate elder statesman of pro-wrestling.

He’s definitely improved on the mic since his first few matches with Bugs Bunny :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao on Observer Radio live yesterday Brian said "Tony Khan isn't the kind of guy to hype up things on Twitter if they aren't big" without a hint of irony

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/andycomplains/status/1281309593080082432?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

andy williams is legit in the top 5 of aew folks i'd like to hang out with, he seems cool

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

jesus WEP posted:

andy williams is legit in the top 5 of aew folks i'd like to hang out with, he seems cool

:yeah:

Him and his band. Keith Buckley seems really cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

NXT: 759,000
AEW: 715,000