Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I said come in! posted:

Why does the Hidden Dojo need to be so difficult? I can usually only clear Death Match 1 each day and that is it. My party CP is 32,553 and all characters in my party are level 50.

Are you bringing people with status effects? Lots of Dojo enemies are usually vulnerable to stun/para/charm so having Rouge or Undine can help a ton. I think in the lvl 4 9 enemy fight I had halloween vampire girl charm 5 enemies when she used a turn 1 aoe (and still struggled).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Are you bringing people with status effects? Lots of Dojo enemies are usually vulnerable to stun/para/charm so having Rouge or Undine can help a ton. I think in the lvl 4 9 enemy fight I had halloween vampire girl charm 5 enemies when she used a turn 1 aoe (and still struggled).

Ooh man, I am really bad at this stuff. is there a good online resource where players give recommendations for who to use for which events, and story missions?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

I said come in! posted:

Ooh man, I am really bad at this stuff. is there a good online resource where players give recommendations for who to use for which events, and story missions?

Reddit, if you don't mind reddit. Otherwise, on your first run you can always check the enemy's attributes and see if they have any status resistances. If they don't, status is usually the answer.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Rouge vs Blue event is up as is their banner with a step up that's pretty decent. Did all 10 pulls and got Rouge (x3), Alkaiser, an off-banner Mikhail, and then Blue on 3 regular 3k pulls. Was hoping to get Blue faster but I'll take it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna go for Rouge, he's the nicer brother.

Go back to fighting Hell forever Blue!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

MonsieurChoc posted:

:hmmyes:

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I was all ready to blow through my entire stockpile on this banner and got everything in, like, 6000 jewels

Is there a way to see which twin is winning the event? I kind of want to root for the underdog, I'd be happy with either staff tbh

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

:yeah:

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Given that's essentially what we're doing in this game, I want to give Blue a good staff to do it with.

Got all 4 but had to pity. Only got Blue 130 rolls in. So I'm happy the first 100 were discounted. At some level I'm a little mad at myself because I wanted to save more gems for Barthelemy or some other story SSRs that may come.

Alkaiser is really cool though, so the last 20 were worth it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I had to spark Blue and now my funds are pretty dire :( At least I have story to catch up on.

I'm really hoping they don't release the good Asellus soon or I'll probably have to whale a little bit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PBnJamo posted:

Given that's essentially what we're doing in this game, I want to give Blue a good staff to do it with.

Got all 4 but had to pity. Only got Blue 130 rolls in. So I'm happy the first 100 were discounted. At some level I'm a little mad at myself because I wanted to save more gems for Barthelemy or some other story SSRs that may come.

Alkaiser is really cool though, so the last 20 were worth it.

Alkaiser will be in the platinum pool too at least. Only Rouge/Blue are limited but Alkaiser is fun and cool and my friend. He just needs some status debuff attacks to spam so I can have him replace Azami completely.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

How is the Emelia on the banner? I kind of want her just to have something to inherit onto the Wedding Dress one but I managed to miss her after burning through all the cheap pulls.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

LornMarkus posted:

How is the Emelia on the banner? I kind of want her just to have something to inherit onto the Wedding Dress one but I managed to miss her after burning through all the cheap pulls.

Not great - Our current Emelia has her best skill. There's potential for her skill3 if you awaken it all the way, but it's not a problem to miss her, either.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Niton posted:

Not great - Our current Emelia has her best skill. There's potential for her skill3 if you awaken it all the way, but it's not a problem to miss her, either.

Good to know, thank you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Alkaiser is fun and cool and my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxquOGtG8iM

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Halfway into the discount I had a monster pull with 1 blue and 2 rouge. If this keeps up I'll have enough to pity two units when I really need to.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

So, since it looks like we only get to pick one of the bonanza of SS's in the Half Anniversary Coin Exchange, which of them is the best? I'm leaning heavily toward Katarina or Final Empress since they're both on my main team, but Silver and Urpina both look very interesting too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Silver and Uprina seem like "if you like these and plan to use the characters often they're good." That Final Empress is also one of the styles you can get lucky and pull from the anniversary banner isn't it? My 5 SS pull gave me the SS Black style that you can trade for.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

All of ticket selector picks are on the 5 SS pull banner. They're also all in the current event ticket banner, if you want to wait and see if you snipe them.

Silver, Final Empress, RS3 Faerie and Katarina are useful for inheritance options or inheriting from existing styles, depending. Nora and Black are both counter tanks, if you're into that. Urpina is really good in manual mode but kinda sucks on auto because the AI never uses her BP buff. Gen is the best standalone option, imo, because while he only really does one thing (first turn slash nuking) he does it really well. Taria is the only dud of the bunch due to being not great at both the things she does (healing and dealing cold damage).

If you're already investing in Katarina and Final Empress I'd probably pick one of those two, though I'm not sure which is the better choice.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

After Blue/Rouge and Bart I thought my gems would be safe for at least a few banners but apparently the next one is Fuse with Rei/Mesarthim/White Rose. :negative:

Edit: Vote for the next GLEX

LIMBO KING fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 13, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm still playing, the last few events have been so incredibly generous.

Also got the SaGa collection on switch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, between discount banners and the massive amount of gems they've handed out I've been able to pity once and still have the resources to pity again while still getting most of the things from those banners.

Julian is a god drat wall, like he mitigates so much damage for your party, makes a huge difference when you are under leveled for content. Polka/Liz are fire/cold powerhouses and Rouge/Blue are dark/light ones. Stundine/Fuse are fantastic jammers. Barth is a top tier aoe alpha striker.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Rei is really fun, in a 'what's your favorite status effect? mine's EVERYTHING' sort of way. Also a lot fewer things resist sleep/instant death/confuse than resist paralysis.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Julian is my first real tank other than the SS plat guy you can buy shards for and cover tanking is amazing. I run him with white rose, undine, and the duel of fates rouge/blue bros and they just wreck most things.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 16, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

SS Khalid is an amazing tank.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

It's pretty silly that like 5/6 of the conquest map is closed off until next week. I think all the currently open nodes got cleared in less than a day.

Leraika posted:

Rei is really fun, in a 'what's your favorite status effect? mine's EVERYTHING' sort of way. Also a lot fewer things resist sleep/instant death/confuse than resist paralysis.

I was disappointed to pull her instead of Fuse at first but I'm really coming around the more I use her. Her single target damage isn't bad, either!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I ended up with Rei when I did 3 10x pulls to try and get Fuse and I think having a status aliment machine is definitely handy. I'm holding off on sparking for Fuse because he doesn't seem to be anything special and I'm really hoping they give us the SaGa Collection banner since we have the login bonus stuff right now. Please let me chainsaw and grande my foes. :pray:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I can't find it anywhere, does anyone know the name of the amazing music that plays in the holy stone dungeons?

It's soooooo effin good and I need to know this like now. Thanks goons.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?

waah posted:

I can't find it anywhere, does anyone know the name of the amazing music that plays in the holy stone dungeons?

It's soooooo effin good and I need to know this like now. Thanks goons.

Popped in, saw this quote, looked it up, and suddenly remembered this song is the bane of my existence because for SOME GODDAMN REASON, it is the only boss fight song from Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song that is not on the loving OST arrrrrrgh

But that's the game it's from, at least.

EDIT: Oh, hang on! Finally found it. It's just not a title you would expect to be a boss theme. Here you go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0imiCZsnJ8

Dragomorph fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 18, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Minstrel Song's soundtrack is so loving good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

poo poo I haven't run the armor holy stone dungeons at all yet. Forgot to farm Forneus but I got most of what I wanted there early on at least.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I wanna get Death.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I was pretty lucky pulling in the last few banners so I decided to try and fish out khalid (I got both Byunei and Madeleine back to back), well ended up having to pity him despite not really thinking it was worth it because I was only a few pulls away by the end of it. Pulled like 3 extra madelienes and byuneis in the process

gacha gods are fickle

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I was pretty lucky pulling in the last few banners so I decided to try and fish out khalid (I got both Byunei and Madeleine back to back), well ended up having to pity him despite not really thinking it was worth it because I was only a few pulls away by the end of it. Pulled like 3 extra madelienes and byuneis in the process

gacha gods are fickle

I was the opposite, had to pity Byunei, the main unit I wanted, and pulled something like 3x Madeleine and 2 or 3 Khalids.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I got Death in 14 10-rolls.

I like skellingtons. Also his music is good.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
On my route to pity Byunei I ended up drawing -6- Khalids and 4 Madelines. also 2 Wil.

At least I have no regrets on it. Khalid got buffed into amazingness, and Byunei just wrecks folks.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Does the game even drop lightning swords? I dont think Ive seen one and I need two.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Does the game even drop lightning swords? I dont think Ive seen one and I need two.

They exist, I've picked up a few from the "Fight X" events.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

There are no lightning swords: elemental weapons boost elemental spellcasting. Damage elements are unrelated. To check which elemental weapon you need, look at the character style: it should have an element icon in the corner. If it doesn't, you don't need it, even if some of your techs have elemental damage.

Yes this is confusing. It's a SaGa game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

They have no effect on melee skills with elemental damage as well, iirc. Like I think the light AOE from termite Final Emperor doesn't hit any harder with a light element sword so they can just stick with whatever STR+ greatsword you normally use.