Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Upcoming stuff.

quote:

July 31st for the NY banner.

7,000 jewels totals with first login for 3,000 to go with the banner. 7 days total for login rewards.

Aug 6th - episode 7

Aug 20th - episode 8

Aug 26th - additional expeditions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

man the only one of those I care about is Hector and even then, ehhhhhhhh

on the other hand, SS Grey is supposed to be a pretty good free unit! I mean, nothing crazy but he's another decent slashy boy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Managed to get up to Spiral 29 but holy crap those Medusas :prepop:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Managed to get up to Spiral 29 but holy crap those Medusas :prepop:

Yeah, status effects, especially Charm/Confuse, are brutal.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Thankfully those Medusas, like most of the game, aren't immune to paralyze.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
It's almost frustrating how important Rouge is. Like it's good that you can grind out SS Rouge but...drat. It'd be kind of cool if he wasn't in like 75%+ of my parties?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

It's almost frustrating how important Rouge is. Like it's good that you can grind out SS Rouge but...drat. It'd be kind of cool if he wasn't in like 75%+ of my parties?

So far, it's either him or S Leonid depending on what the boss is immune to.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The best way to clear the last few floors of spiral, and hard levels in general, is to have Rogue paralyzing anything that isn't immune to it while killing off the other stuff quickly. Then you slowly melee the paralyzed stuff so that for the 3rd wave you can just have everyone OD chain with AOe and/or high tier skills (since you'll probably spend 2-3 turns meleeing the paralyzed stuff) to wipe it out instantly.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
On that note is there much I can do to actually get his paralysis to actually stick? Seems really reluctant to ever work when I could really use it, and have been stuck at Spiral 29 for both months I've been playing because if it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

meteor9 posted:

On that note is there much I can do to actually get his paralysis to actually stick? Seems really reluctant to ever work when I could really use it, and have been stuck at Spiral 29 for both months I've been playing because if it.

AFAIK its his CHA skill which causes it to stick and I think his A style has a higher CHA stat gain so grind that up a bit and there are some armor / gear that adds + CHA.

Its also RNG (of course) since I've got him nearly maxed and I've had dudes resist it like x4

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

Evil Fluffy posted:

The best way to clear the last few floors of spiral, and hard levels in general, is to have Rogue paralyzing anything that isn't immune to it while killing off the other stuff quickly. Then you slowly melee the paralyzed stuff so that for the 3rd wave you can just have everyone OD chain with AOe and/or high tier skills (since you'll probably spend 2-3 turns meleeing the paralyzed stuff) to wipe it out instantly.

This is exactly how I get through level 10 of the forest. Since the first two waves only have a single enemy each, Rouge can paralyze them before they take a single action. The boss is still a pretty tough fight, but going in with 20 AP + overdrive on all five party members is a pretty great start. I also have S-Undine's cyclone attack (whatever it's called) down to 11 AP so she can do it two turns in a row. It is...very good.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

AFAIK its his CHA skill which causes it to stick and I think his A style has a higher CHA stat gain so grind that up a bit and there are some armor / gear that adds + CHA.

Its also RNG (of course) since I've got him nearly maxed and I've had dudes resist it like x4

Both CHA and INT help in inflicting status effects, which is why Rouge is so drat good at it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I don't actually have A Rouge and I'm kinda reluctant to pull on a banner while aiming for an A style..

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im at like 4 days grinding for SS Rogue and haven't gotten him. Luck with the gacha, but poo poo with the drops

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't actually have A Rouge and I'm kinda reluctant to pull on a banner while aiming for an A style..

You can probably buy his shards in the shop and/or events easily enough at some point.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im at like 4 days grinding for SS Rogue and haven't gotten him. Luck with the gacha, but poo poo with the drops

It took me three nights of macroing and then I also got him from Spiral tickets..which..well, that's a lot more pieces than I had for him I guess.

Evil Fluffy posted:

You can probably buy his shards in the shop and/or events easily enough at some point.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye out at least

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So no one probably really cares but I noticed the game called back to the servers a lot and I was curious how much data the game was actually using because at some point most of us are going to leave the house.

So 71MB over 5 hours which is pretty much nothing.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't surprise me. All the calculations are done upfront each turn, which you can see if you ever try to retreat right before your party wipes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Does that mean Azami and Soph have hit their stat caps?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Does that mean Azami and Soph have hit their stat caps?

On that expedition at the very least, yes. I think the stat caps might be slightly above 710hp and 45 base stats (+style variances) since chapter 6 is out but you aren't going to hit those without endlessly farming something like 4-1-3 VH and even then, most of that time will be a slow grind for HP since the stats will mostly cap out in the 400s or so.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Here's a nice document that shows stage statcaps: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16FeXhcRAl7JFmsxnLySe85o-AoY_7N328HYRo5W3LBE

The short version though, is that the expeditions cap out exactly where they say they do (10/20/30 in stats). Ruins 7 and higher (also Training, Aurum, and Forest 8+) cap out at 45 stats with 710 HP, and the 6-2-X chapters cap out at 47 stat with 730 HP.

It's also worth noting that those HP caps are softcaps, but you really shouldn't be trying to grind past the softcap unless you really want to.

That being said, I think I'm missing something regarding stat caps because I definitely have stats above 47? Like my Azami has 52 AGI, and my Ellen has 50 STR. Not really sure how that happened.

EDIT: Okay, I figured it out. It looks like each style has modifiers to stats! So my Azami has 52 AGI because SS Azami gets a +7 modifier to her AGI stat cap, and since I've been using her to train other characters she's hit the 45 cap from Ruins. And 45 + 7 is 52. Man, that's confusing.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 27, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

they have bonus stat caps based on their character and style

e:

from that document

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jul 27, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I just saw that! It's a little confusing, but it looks like I've got it down now.

Knowing this, it can make lower rarity styles even more important. I thought Styles only affected the speed of stat growth, not the actual cap as well. Like, you'll get 6 more points of AGI for Cat's SS if you own her A!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah having all the styles can really help. You’ll just have to grind out those last 6 points on her A or whatever.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

On that expedition at the very least, yes. I think the stat caps might be slightly above 710hp and 45 base stats (+style variances) since chapter 6 is out but you aren't going to hit those without endlessly farming something like 4-1-3 VH and even then, most of that time will be a slow grind for HP since the stats will mostly cap out in the 400s or so.

Kild posted:

they have bonus stat caps based on their character and style

e:

from that document

Ahhh okay, that makes sense, thank you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Managed to get SS Azami, I can stop spending gems now. :toot:

I am at 50 left.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Managed to get SS Azami, I can stop spending gems now. :toot:

I am at 50 left.

She's been my workhorse since launch and pretty awesome in general.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

SS Azami is very good, possibly the best damage dealer we've got in Global. Though SS Cat works pretty well as a substitute, and it's far easier to get her Submission.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Get both and double submission everything into the ground :getin:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Get both and double submission everything into the ground :getin:

That's how you defeat Noel.

Hmm, maybe I should defeat Noel using Noel.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Is SS Noel going to be in the pool once his banner wanders off the ranch, or is he a limited unit, by the by?

Renzyal
Aug 4, 2013
He'll be in the plat pool

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Into the platinum pool after the banner, it's not limited.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Cheers, folks.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Is SS Rouge also going to be available after the end of the month?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
SS Rouge is already in the pool if that's what you're asking.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

SS Rouge is also farmable. He's one of the easiest SS characters to get that isn't straight up given to you.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
Yeah, it might take awhile but it is 100% worth it to spend all of the stamina that it takes to get SS Rouge.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just a note, this stuff is noted in game as well. If you hit "summon details" on the banner it will tell you this - for example, Noel going into the platinum pool after the rate up banner ends or in the case of the featured platinum pool summons what stages Awe / Terry / Fake Robin are farmable in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

Yeah, it might take awhile but it is 100% worth it to spend all of the stamina that it takes to get SS Rouge.

I got super lucky and my Rogue farm only took me from rank 41 to 50 before he dropped. That was still probably 100+ fights but at least I could reliably auto it and at that rank you rank up faster than you burn stamina. The drop rate for him is supposedly 0.7% or so, so it's definitely possible for the grind to take a brutally long time.