Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I feel like I'm effectively at end of content for this game right now. Noel's done, Spiral Tower's done, I think the only really challenging thing I've got left to do is to completely finish Zweig Colliseum.

A little disappointing because I feel like I hit this point extremely quickly, but ah well, it is a new game after all. Hopefully they'll start releasing some really difficult stuff soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Arzaac posted:

I feel like I'm effectively at end of content for this game right now. Noel's done, Spiral Tower's done, I think the only really challenging thing I've got left to do is to completely finish Zweig Colliseum.

A little disappointing because I feel like I hit this point extremely quickly, but ah well, it is a new game after all. Hopefully they'll start releasing some really difficult stuff soon.

The next boss that we fight goes past 20 I believe (or maybe its the one after). It's suppose to be really hard

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Spiral Tower expands well beyond 30th floor, and I'm guessing a lot of other things do as well.

We're in the early stages of the game still. There's more episodes and events to come.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It takes a not insignificant amount of time to grind up a party that can comfortably clear the current content. You don't need to go all the way to 710hp but I'm guessing most people who have done everything have teams in the 25k+ CP range. Maybe lower if they have real good units to choose from.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm about 80%+ done with current content and I'm fine with the speed we're going. Too fast and the less engaged players will be lost, too slow and everyone will be bored. So far this is good.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Evil Fluffy posted:

teams in the 25k+ CP range.

It's weird because I was struggling with a bit of mid game content with teams right around 20-21k. Feels like as soon as I hit 22k the flood gates just opened up with what I was able to accomplish.

Still can't beat it all, but feels like a jumped a major roadblock.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm creeping up on midgame (party close to 17K) and I have a question:

Am I wasting my time trying to farm hard story levels for S-rank gear? A sword and axe dropped readily enough, but a good martial art weapon, light-aspected blunt weapon and staves would be great, too

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bell_ posted:

I'm creeping up on midgame (party close to 17K) and I have a question:

Am I wasting my time trying to farm hard story levels for S-rank gear? A sword and axe dropped readily enough, but a good martial art weapon, light-aspected blunt weapon and staves would be great, too

yes, they dont drop with bonus stats and they're 1% drop rate. You farm them on VH.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Unless you're farming for a material you can't find anywhere else, Hard is best avoided.

S weapons drop frequently enough on VH that you'll have plenty of plain ones that you can feed into whatever STAT+ ones do drop.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Oh, and don't try farming for a light element hammer yet. We can't currently farm elemental weapons (other than staves of course)

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I can't find it now, but I'm positive I read somewhere that we won't be seeing elemental weapons dropping until Chapter 7, and on VH at that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
New Years banners are up. Did the paid 1500 pull and got burned. Used 3k free gems on the normal banner and ended up with both NY Hector and Katarina :toot:

(and S Hawke :shrug:)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm 3 pulls in and have gotten 2 SS characters...both off banner, both I already own. :sigh:

Thinking maybe I'll just stop. I'm not super interested in this banner in the first place.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Wanted to roll until I got a SS, but after 60 rolls, I only got NY Hector. Thankfully, they are giving us a good amount of gems, but I learned my lesson about rolling without intent to do all 150.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Got NY Katarina which was my target after 30 rolls, now to save for apparently valentine.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
i did a yolo multi for fun and got Polka i guess. don't go crazy you really want to get Valentine's Princess White Rose, she's like the best healer in the game and still used to this day in JP. probably want 45k saved so you can pity her JIC

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
But I want Katarina because I have her other SS and S Styles!!!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

But I want Katarina because I have her other SS and S Styles!!!

This is why I pulled TBH.

Also this style makes Hector a little more useful I guess? I want NY Red but chasing an S rank is silly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did like 5 x 10.

Got NY polka and SS emerald.

Really wanted to NY Kat but I’m satisfied with those two.

Also got S Leonid, Red, Leon, Grey.

All in all not a bad way to spend the gems seeing as how we got a lot of them for free.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I just did one 10 pull and got Red. Leaves me at 45k which I'm saving for..that Valentines White Rose or Rocbouquet I guess. I haven't exactly felt the need to pull, other than still missing A Rouge.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Just did a single ten pull for a dupe Mikhail and S. Annie. I'll just do the discount dailies from here since I'm not overly invested in this banner.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Alright. Also, I learned an A light hammer is miles better than a +agi S hammer when healing's on the line.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
I feel like you're all sleeping on what a beast SS polka is

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

Just got him!! Is he better than Albert? I’ve been relying on Albert and healers to carry me through most of the content so far as I’m still weak compared to most enemies above the first few stages.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Everything I've seen is that he's about roughly equal with SS Albert. It mostly comes down to whether you like Albert's self-heal or Polka's auto-revive more.

However, apparently we'll be getting another Polka called Phoenix Polka, and Phoenix Polka makes for an excellent tank if he's got access to parry.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah this polka makes the next polka a real beast.

Top tier from what I’ve read.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Decided to roll on NY banner once just to see what I'd get and got both NY Katrina and S Red. NY Katrina might just be worth taking over my main SS Katrina's party slot. And S Red is nice to have if I ever get lucky enough to roll an Alkaiser.

I'm almost tempted to roll again for a shot at Polka -- since I'd still like to have someone with Parry other than Bear -- but I'm just gonna quit while I'm ahead. :v:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Decided to roll on NY banner once just to see what I'd get and got both NY Katrina and S Red. NY Katrina might just be worth taking over my main SS Katrina's party slot. And S Red is nice to have if I ever get lucky enough to roll an Alkaiser.

I'm almost tempted to roll again for a shot at Polka -- since I'd still like to have someone with Parry other than Bear -- but I'm just gonna quit while I'm ahead. :v:

I mean if you are over 45k why not? We are getting another 4K gems over the next week anyway.

Yolo imo

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I already have SS Albert but you folks are making me really tempted to shoot for NY Polka.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've gone ahead and spent a total of 18k gems on this one, and still no banner SS.

Ah well, it's a bit sad but really not super important.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

MarcusSA posted:

I mean if you are over 45k why not? We are getting another 4K gems over the next week anyway.

Yolo imo

I did and got NY Hector. No Parry for me today, but I do like Hector, and his lion head costume is pretty nifty. :sun:

Renzyal
Aug 4, 2013

Arzaac posted:

I've gone ahead and spent a total of 18k gems on this one, and still no banner SS.

Ah well, it's a bit sad but really not super important.

Could be worse you could get the same banner ss 4 times like I did

E: make it five times rip.

Renzyal fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 1, 2020

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

This event is really good so use your stamina potions if you've been hoarding.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
Map drop rate is the same no matter what story mission you do, so this is also a great time to farm SS Rouge, or puzzle pieces to get SS Rouge to level 50.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm dumb and wasted 9k gems trying to get the emperor because I thought he was the good final emperor unit but apparently is not? Still sitting at more than 45k gem for whenever Asellus and Rose show up but the waste feels bad.

Map drop rate is the same no matter what story mission you do, so this is also a great time to farm SS Rouge, or puzzle pieces to get SS Rouge to level 50.

Or get a bunch of characters to the 45 stat cap at 4-1-5 VH. Especially if they're new for you and

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The map event is good, it's rare that you see events like this in a gacha game that just straight up gives you farmable free pulls.

Just, you know, don't burn yourself out spending all 120 of your stamina potions at 5 stamina a stage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Arzaac posted:

The map event is good, it's rare that you see events like this in a gacha game that just straight up gives you farmable free pulls.

Just, you know, don't burn yourself out spending all 120 of your stamina potions at 5 stamina a stage.

Or just use blue stacks and burn away!!

:clint:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Just started a few days ago and I'm having a blast. I'm slowly working my way through the storyline normal and hard with the recommended progression guide in the OP; my main team is around 7k right now, should I be doing anything in particular other than the training dailies and just working my way up? From what I understand a 10k team is recommended for the map stuff so should I just keep playing normally or should I also be grinding the SS Rogue stage like everyone else? Already got SS Rogue for what it's worth.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly I think you should just keep grinding your characters. If you're still gaining stats from the Rouge stage then great, keep at it! But at the end of the day you want a team that can beat Forest of Mystery, Zweig Colliseum, Spiral Corridor, and any future events. Getting a stronger team is higher priority than farming the event optimally, and the nice part is that as long as you're grinding in the Main stages, you'll keep getting treasure maps anyways.

Like, I'm really only farming Rouge because my team's already at 28k CP anyways. If there were content I wasn't strong enough to beat yet, I'd probably be farming for stats in Ch. 7 VH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Arzaac posted:

Honestly I think you should just keep grinding your characters. If you're still gaining stats from the Rouge stage then great, keep at it! But at the end of the day you want a team that can beat Forest of Mystery, Zweig Colliseum, Spiral Corridor, and any future events. Getting a stronger team is higher priority than farming the event optimally, and the nice part is that as long as you're grinding in the Main stages, you'll keep getting treasure maps anyways.

Like, I'm really only farming Rouge because my team's already at 28k CP anyways. If there were content I wasn't strong enough to beat yet, I'd probably be farming for stats in Ch. 7 VH.

Cool, that's what I've been doing anyway.

Also, am I right in thinking that expedition stat gains are affected by the style I chose, just like leveling up through battles?