Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Birdo’s starring role in the Blue Streamer lead-up was phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

Everything between arriving at Shogun Studios through the end of the Yellow Streamer is the highlight of the game, and I don’t think I’ve ever felt that way about a Desert World in a game before. Normally they’re overly long, use the same few tropes and the desert you explore is always bigger than I would like but this game subverts it by making the resort town super fun, giving you a method of transportation that is fun and makes travel a breeze (especially because it allows you to skip most random encounters) and mixing the traditional Mario Desert Music sound with lots of dance influences and also has a bunch of straight up J-pop/House/Disco influenced tracks when everything in the tomb takes a hard left into “a weird zombie dance party thrown by the world boss” instead of the usual unearthing of an ancient ruler and fighting them as an angry mummy.

an ancient ruler would have made for a pretty good stationery boss though

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Green Streamer:

Is there any point in helping Bowser's soldiers in the banquet hall?

they won’t like you, but they’ll respect you.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I know Olivia settles on calling him Bobby, but I was calling him Bhomas in my brain the whole time.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The only time I tried the hurl hammer the boss caught it and beat me with it so I never did it again.

E: I mean it was really funny but still.

Whaaaat? was this the cutout hand snake? I loved the hurl hammer and never saw this. That rules.