Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Origami King looks nice and here's to hoping it won't be a boring slog to play. Everything that's been revealed points to it being cool and good.

The worst thing about Bug Fables is that it's really, really slow and when you've completed the first chapter you've seen everything the game has to offer since all chapters follow the same structure and there is nothing new coming up later. 30+ hours repeating the same thing. The characters are nice and charming at first but they are very one-note. I'd say wait for a sale on that one, even though otherwise it's solid and scratches that TTYD itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

drat dude, that's a shame, I just bought the game yesterday, and I'm a couple hours into it and so far I'm loving it quite a bit, I hope it doesnt sour on me the further I go in because so far I really am enjoying Bug Fables.

I think it's mainly a pacing issue. Just don't binge the game and do skip most of the side quests and it's a good game.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
So basically a Paper Mario game with regular battles getting a bit tedious as the game progresses, gripes about exp not being a thing and a lot of praise for the humour and puns. I'll take it.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Spellman posted:

The worst thing they did in Paper Mario was abandon badges. I can imagine how wild they could've gotten if they carried into newer games

There are equippable accessories in Origami King, you can only have a limited amount equipped at the same time and they have effects both in battle and outside of battle.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I don't mind the streamer quest being repetitive since the bosses are a hoot to fight against and all the environments are different and all have had some fun stuff you only do once, which means the game doesn't become stale.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

garfield hentai posted:

Also I didn't see if this was addressed but the Ninjis stay defeated on your second lap to get all the Toad ninjas.

Also the Ninjis only counter the regular 2×2 hammer, you can use the throwable hammer and if you need to do a 2×2 attack the tail works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Der Shovel posted:

Well that's good to know, no point in hoarding coins then.

But what the hell should I be using them on? I've got all the charms that are unlocked so far, I'm lugging around a ton of weapons and I still have 23000 coins.

Go to the pier behind tbe red warehouse building in Toad Town and hit the barrel. There is a mole who sells collectibles of the bosses you've beaten. Also some toads you rescue sell collectibles. Throw some money to toads in battles and they solve a part of the ring puzzle for you.