Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm really enjoying this game. Every time I think I'll just play for an hour or so, I wind up playing for 3-4. Never played a Paper Mario before so to me it's just really fun all by itself.

I may or may not go for 100%, but there is a place where I missed a ? block because I destroyed the crates under it without thinking about it. Does anyone know if those respawn eventually, or is 100% not possible now no matter what I do?

Even if I don't go for it, that one block is really bugging me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

YggiDee posted:

In ever boss fight I've been exclusively rotating the panels. It somehow just. Never occurred to me that I could slide them across. Oh my God, I'm at the Ice Vellumental, I've spent so much time making my own life harder.
Holy poo poo why wouldn't I have even thought to try that?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Riatsala posted:

I'm done with two streamers at this point and I'm feeling bogged down by non-boss combat. I'm hoping that enemies get a bit more distinctive later on in the game because there's not much difference between them aside from health totals and occasional immunity to either hammers or boots. I wish I had more attack options, or something to jazz this up because I feel like outside of boss fights this ring puzzle gimmick is not enough to carry one zone, let alone an entire game. It's slow, monotonous, and visually uninteresting, and it doesn't really make any sense to me in-universe. Maybe the problem is that I haven't played other PM games so I didn't know what I was getting into.

I think the writing and over-world game play and incredibly charming art direction will push me through to the end, but that combat sticks out like a sore thumb.
I often avoid unnecessary battles. It's usually not hard to stay out of them.