Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!
I had never played a paper Mario before and so far I'm liking it. Just finished the red steamer and started the blue area. My main complaint so far is that I wish I could speed up the text, and that battles seemed a bit easy at times but I'm guessing that's going to ramp up now that I'm past the intro area essentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Araxxor posted:

The red streamer area is a bit of an extended tutorial unfortunately, but the game stops holding your hand as much past that point. For one, enemies come pre-jumbled instead of showing you the solution first.

Yeah I started a little of the next section and it's definitely a big jump to suddenly have to figure out not just the moves but the right shape. Sometimes I see it real quick, sometimes not so much.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

ymgve posted:

You can even cancel out all changes and have the chance to just pay the Toads instead!

Someone in this thread mentioned you can hit X to ask for a hint, which effectively pauses the cock so you can think, with a slightly worse view of the rings. I try not to abuse it but very helpful at times

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!
Just finished the game earlier today. I agree the final boss wasn't quite as intense as expected but I liked the "phases"if you want to call them that.

Overall I'd never played a paper Mario before and I liked it. There weren't too many times where I felt bogged down by fetch quest after fetch quest, mostly just the desert. I'm definitely not going to 100% at all, but might circle back for some stuff.