Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
The second best part of playing EXAPUNKS was being in bed half asleep at 1am and suddenly needing to grab my ipad to type this into the notes app:

COPY M X
LINK 800
MARK CHECKHOST
LINK 800
LINK 800
HOST T
TEST T = X
FJMP CHECKHOST
; LOOKUP
COPY M X
GRAB 200
SEEK 9999 ; FINDS EOF
MARK LOOKUP
SEEK -2 ; STEPS BACK
TEST X = F ; X IS FILENM
FJMP LOOKUP
COPY F T ; COPIES START
COPY F X ; COPIES LENGTH
COPY X M
SEEK -9999
SEEK T ; MOVES TO START
MARK TRANSMIT
COPY F M ; TRANSMITS
SUBI X 1 X
TEST X = 0 ; STOPS @ END
FJMP TRANSMIT
HALT

The best part was entering that into the game the next morning and finding it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Having finished all the Dungeons and Diagrams puzzles, I still don't know whether I discovered the trick to solving them, or if I basically broke the spirit of them and never learned the actual logic. I spent the first few meticulously working out where blocks could or could not go, but after a bit the logic element really got away from me. I'm pretty good at cave puzzles and picross which are clear inspirations, but I think there might have been certain logical inferences beyond the basics that just never came to me. Ultimately, I hit on the following general solution:

1. (this assumes you are working by row, but the solution works for columns) Find the row with the highest count of walls.
2. Place walls in that row until you have hit the target number, starting with the square in the row with the highest column number (as this is statistically the most likely to contain a wall)
3. Repeat until you have completed all rows, you will now have places the exact number of walls necessary to complete the puzzle, and each row and column has the right number of walls. All you have to do is move the walls to make a pattern that fits the rules
4. Begin the hunt-and-switch process. If you want to move a block in column 2 to column 3, the puzzle will still have equilibrium if you simultaneously swap another block in column 3 to column 2. Any time you see a section of the maze breaking the rules, you should look to switch walls in or out of that section to make it rules compliant. Keep switching until all rules conflicts have been resolved (some conflicts might require multiple swaps).

That turned it into something more like bejewelled mixed with a sliding tile puzzle. Fun game though, even if this wasn't the intended way.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Picked up the solitaire game, so now I just have to boot up one game any time I’m looking to waste 10 minutes, rather than pick from the list! I never picked up Möbius Front so I’m glad to finally add cribbage solitaire to my list, too.

The new Tarot game is haaaaaard, too. I can’t quite get the hang of it and unlike some of the variants you can easily lose the game if you get careless towards the end. The rule that you can only move one card at a time means you are functionally obliged to keep at least one free column always, and if you accidentally mess that up and fill them you’re probably hosed.

Still, it’s really, really pretty and a joy to play.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Phssthpok posted:

The tarot game is indeed haaard. The undo feature should really include inverting a stack, which is only one logical operation but lots of clicks.

With some effort I was able to force a specific reading:

Same, but different: