Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Dagmal, god of Justice and Fertility

Dagmal saw the communities forming in the world and knew that they needed organization. So he gave the humans a command....to Establish laws for the good of all and punish those who broke them

He also established an Order of Judges, to wander between human communities and settled areas to resolve disputes and disagreements.

Godmana 55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Azza Bamboo posted:

For getting 110 can I add Lost Travelers to my domain?

I think you have to naturally roll a 95 or higher to get a new Aspect rather than having your roll plus modifier be higher, but I am happy to be corrected.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Azza Bamboo posted:

For getting 110 can I add Lost Travelers to my domain?

It needs to be a 95 on the d100 to gain a new aspect

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Name: Xa
Aspect: Heat, Seasons
Godmana: 60

The Serpent Xa saw the actions Wee-Aah-Pt and began to prepare. The Gift had been given freely to help all creatures live in the same warmth that radiated out of Xa's scales. If its gift was spurned then there would consequences for this world.

For now though, Xa would help. Tribes were forming on the surface of these lands and fighting to survive, but few understood the seasons that battered this world. They did not know what crops could grow in which seasons, and how best to take advantage of the rainy periods that preceded the arrival of The Gift. Xa had already attempted to protect the paths of the suns, now it would try to inform the people of this world. It was the master of seasons and it would share its knowledge with sages of each race, to form a society that could guide these peoples towards survival and prosperity.

Roll to create a society to share the wisdom of the seasons: The Sages:18 [1d100=14] [1d20=4]

Godmana goes from 60 to 55

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Greene, God of the Wilderness

The Greene God looked upon the new life, the parasites, and the old life, the trees, and felt pleased. These creature, born of Athruithe Beaga and midwifed by Greene, would surely spread across all the known world. They would tear down the foundations of the world and bring about a new age of splendid madness and anarchy. Art would flourish. Nature would thrive. The earth would grow dank and unruly.

All they needed now was the gift of religion. Greene leaned to the earth and whispered, commanding its creatures to nurture nature and its gifts, to abhor civilization and artifice, to revere the Greene God and Athruithe Beaga as the creators of all that was splendid and new. All the world's species should worship and praise them.

But the Greene God must have whispered too softly, because the message that came forth was warped.

Create a nature religion: 1d100+1d20: 16

God Mana: 30-5=25

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Godmana: 50

Munay looked at the artifact they made; save for two they were weak, dormant things. Perhaps it was wrong to turn to things instead of people, who can truly, truly desire. They sent dreams and whispers to select people so they would know of the wonders of desire, beeseech for the gifts of the most powerful Changelings and learn how they can make their wishes come true

Create a Secret Society: The Unseen Courts. 5 points

https://orokos.com/roll/825413 1d100+1d20: 94 [1d100=80] [1d20=14]

Godmana left: 45

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Epicurius posted:

Dagmal saw the communities forming in the world and knew that they needed organization. So he gave the humans a command....to Establish laws for the good of all and punish those who broke them

He also established an Order of Judges, to wander between human communities and settled areas to resolve disputes and disagreements.

Godmana 55

Establish laws: 106

Establish an order of judges: 52

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Gahrfeeld, Lord of Sloth
Godmana: 45

Not enough of the inhabitants of this world know what it means to enjoy laziness. To take the finest of naps in your soft square bed, to watch the lowest quality tv shows, to eat the finest of lasagnas. There must be a group who will spread my word of sloth across this realm, and who better a people to benefit from this new creed but the trees? They are already almost completely immobile, 'ets show them a few good (and funny!) books to teach them of the oh so enticing slacking/snacking lifestyle. [url=https://orokos.com/roll/825418[/url]The religious sect of Paws Inc. shall be spread among the tree folk.

Trees can read, right?

Results: 1d100+1d20: 11 [1d100=8] [1d20=3]

Godmana: - 5

New Godmana: 40

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Gahrfeeld, Lord of Sloth
Godmana: 40

All my minimum effort and still there are Jons running around, trying to make things better, make things worse, make things anything! There is just too much making and doing. I know there are those who wish to live the lazy cat lifestyle. They saw the perfect (and short) existence of my perfect people, of their lives that produced nothing and how perfect that was. I must make a way for the lazy to find one another, and for them to make the lives of the busy so much worse. Only then will the Jons see the error of their ways and become more like their lazy brethren. I will found the secret society Garhfeeld's Cool Cat Club. They will attempt to sabotage those that work as well as enjoy the lifestyle of lazyness, eating, napping, and doing nothing.

Results: 1d100+1d20: 94 [1d100=87] [1d20=7]

If they will not accept lazyness out in the open we will spread it in the shade. Preferable anyways, shade is such a nice place to nap.

Godmana: - 5

New Godmana: 35

God's Gods Favor: 35 + 5 =40

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 14, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

The Peoples of the earth take note of your skill and carve your icons in caves and cliffs (that's great, give yourself an extra 5 points)

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Janus, Lord of Fate

45->35 Godmana (castastrophe, 5 godmana regen)

Janus will send a prophetic vision to a powerful warlord, promising him guaranteed victory if he raises his legions and conquers the city of Amarth - its walls will crumble, its people will fall, and a great victory will be ordained by the power of Janus.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Greene, God of the Wilderness

The Greene God, flush with energy, spread its many branches.

"Now that I have seeded the world with life and religion, it is time to bring it beauty and art."

It pressed its finger into the soil of one of the world's many islands. At once, branches sprung up, weaving themselves into a strange structure that defied reason.

"I will give this world the Greene Sanctum. All creatures who venture into this place shall be safe from the violence and death of the outside world, but it will not be constrained by logic. My palace will contain many impossible rooms and passages, always shifting and transforming, interlocking in impossible shapes, to reflect the untamed splendor of the great wilds. All shall admire this House of Leaves.”

Create the Greene Sanctum

Seeing the impossible structure writhe into being, the Greene God turned its attention to the tribe of humans led by the one called Wyldewan.

"These wretched creatures now face extinction at the hands of my children, the Trees. See, now, how they throw themselves on the earth begging it to swallow them whole, lest they be forced to endure the wrath of the forest." Greene tilted its head and cracked its bark into something resembling a sneer. "But I am a merciful god. I will give the men a chance of survival, on my terms, if only to teach my stupid children a lesson."

The Greene God plucked a thorn-covered twig from its arm and twisted it into a band.

"I will give Wyldewan of the Humans the Crown of Beasts. All those who wear it, and their progeny, will find themselves slowly transfigured, adopting the form and qualities of the many wild species of the world. It is a terrible gift, one that will likely leave the wearer reviled by his people, but one of tremendous power. Perhaps it will give these creatures a newfound appreciation of the wilderness's power."

Create the Crown of Beasts: 1d100 + 1d20 = 92

God Mana: 25-5-5=15

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 14, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Janus will send a prophetic vision to a powerful warlord, promising him guaranteed victory if he raises his legions and conquers the city of Amarth - its walls will crumble, its people will fall, and a great victory will be ordained by the power of Janus.

Prophetic vision: 57

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Athruithe Beaga god of Mutation

I am not a cruel goddess, I do not weave change just to do harm. I take with one hand and give with the other. See now, how men are plagued by war, their frail bodies no match for the dullard trees. I speak softly into the ears of tiny beetles, they glow an emerald green and burrow into trees to lay their eggs. While many will survive a great number shall sicken and die, in this way might the trees ranks be thinned.

Godmana: 50-10-10+40-10-10-10=40 current

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Dagmal looked with concern at the trees and their warlike state. They would overtake and destroy all of the other peoples on this world, poor things. The only solution would be for the various peoples to organize into states of their own.

So he found a worthy Ruler for the Humans, and inspired him to build a state.

And he found a worthy Ruler for the Ant-men, and inspired her to build a state.

And he found a worthy Ruler for the Changelings, and inspired him to build a state

Godmana 40

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Tse-Goa god of Opening
Godmana: 10 -> 55 -> 10

The spine rises and the preparations for the great opening are now underway. ALL will be open, ALL will be seen.

Firstly, Heal the wounds. A god can shrug off what would be a disastrous wound with only a small application of his powers.

That would be 5 godmana https://orokos.com/roll/825620

Secondly, Create a new religion: Covenant of the gap: This religion is spread directly by the avatar showing the mortals the right way.

That would be 5 godmana https://orokos.com/roll/825617

Thirdly, Bless Tse's top- openness. Tse's top is a mystical place, open to everyone and anyone. People trying to find it find it unusually easy to do so.

That would be 15 godmana https://orokos.com/roll/825625

Fourthly, Bless Tse's top - conversion. Anyone visiting it willingly, is immediately converted to the Covenant. it is a site of holy pilgrimage for the religious and all adherents will heavily advertise visiting the place.

That would be 15 godmana https://orokos.com/roll/825627

Fifthly, Wander the land, promoting the religion. The covenant is open to everyone who wishes to join and this unique openness makes it extra attractive

That would be 5 godmana https://orokos.com/roll/825629

For failure roll on creating the religion, i am assuming it just means i failed to initially convert anyone or even generated some hostility, not that i somehow managed to prevent people from having faith in me, ever.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Epicurius posted:

Dagmal looked with concern at the trees and their warlike state. They would overtake and destroy all of the other peoples on this world, poor things. The only solution would be for the various peoples to organize into states of their own.

So he found a worthy Ruler for the Humans, and inspired him to build a state.

And he found a worthy Ruler for the Ant-men, and inspired her to build a state.

And he found a worthy Ruler for the Changelings, and inspired him to build a state

Godmana 40

Inspire a worthy ruler to build a Human state: 86

Inspire a worthy ruler to build an Ant state: 57

Inspire a worthy ruler to build a Changeling state: 17

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Faber, god of Artifice
Godmana: 20 -> 65 -> 15

"INSOLENCE."

Faber held a fistful of loam in his steaming gauntlet at the bottom of his volcano.

"YOU WOULD SHOW ME SUCH CAPRICE, LIFE?"

"YOU WOULD BE MY ENEMY!?"

"THEN SO BE IT."

"FROM HENCEFORTH, I, FABER, SHALL BE AN ENEMY OF LIFE, FOR LIFE HAS SPOILED MY WORKS, AND SHOWN ME DISRESPECT."

"THERE WILL BE RECKONING."

Construct the Legion of Brass: 1d100+1d20 40

The Legion is not really a species per se, but a species' worth of divine automata hanging out at the volcano, thus 30 points used. They are not built for personality or thought, their only purpose is Murder. Very notably not alive, unlike all other things.

Construct the DOOMFORGE: 1d100+1d20 43

5 points, the DOOMFORGE (allcaps integral) is just a thing that pumps out war machines for the legion and more legionnaires besides, situated within the volcano.

Raise the Legion of Swords: 1d100+1d20 95

Raise the Legion of Axes: 1d100+1d20 65

Raise the Legion of Hammers: 1d100+1d20 84

These are just 3 specific armies of said automata that Faber personally constructs, 5 points each, also at the volcano.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 15, 2020

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Wait, we all regenerate 45 this turn, not 5?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Wait, we all regenerate 45 this turn, not 5?

Hashim posted:

Also, everyone who was present in the last round, :siren:give yourself another 45 godmana points:siren:

(I changed it so you get 45, then 40, then 35 so it decreases with every round)

That is indeed so!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Oh sweet.

Luxor tries to make Light People again!

Light people take 2: 1d100+1d20 72

15 god mana remaining

sniper4625 posted:

Let spring forth a being so pure and incandescent that no parasite may find succor, no madness take hold.

Attempting to create a race of pure light.

https://orokos.com/roll/825393: 1d100+1d20 37

ummmm

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Oriax, God of Earth
Mana: 30

Action:

1. Found the Earthspeakers.

Oriax was well satisfied with the Golem. But while the Golem would act as Oriax's hand in the fledging world, he would require more worshippers, and more power, if he was to grow stronger and if the balance were to be maintained.

To this end, Oriax whispered to the earth at the foot of the mountain where the Golem dwelt, speaking of balance, of strength, of the need to preserve the world in the hopes that those who sought such things would gather there and worship him. And perhaps, someday, spread his word and will to the very edges of creation.

2. Bring forth a prophet.

Concerned that few would heed his call, Oriax withdrew for some time, wondering and planning. If few would listen to the world itself, he thought, might they not listen to another of their own? Why not divinely inspire one mortal, in the hopes that they themselves would bring his word to others of their kind?

But who to select? Only the most worthy could be chosen, and to this end Oriax touched the earth that was his domain and sent across it an etheric pulse -- one which would resound not in the physical world, but in the spiritual and mental one. The pulse would ring like a bell when it encountered one whose inner self best matched that of the Earth god, one whose soul and self could understand the earth and would seek to promote its welfare.

Remaining Mana: 30 - 5 - 5 = 20.

Commentary: When founding an order, should we give add a 1d20 or not? I saw that some instances had no 1d20 for founding an order generally but that giving divine inspiration related to you should, so that is what I went with. If I went wrong somewhere, though, feel free to add / remove a 1d20 as appropriate.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rager saw the wrath of Faber at the change he had made to the volcano presumably, thinking that it was another god mistakenly and was surprised, he hadn't intended to anger anyone and was just trying to make sure his temple and followers were safe from the thing erupting and spewing hot lava on them.

He asked forgiveness and asked Faber is there was anything he could do to appease his anger.

Remaining Godmana - 50

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Kharnibolg, god of Rage and War
Godmana: 30 -> 75 -> 50

Ha! Ha! Yes! Kill the gods, my warriors. DO IT AGAIN, but this time better! More rage, more power! You must grow tall and wide to defend yourselves!

Genetically Modify Great Trees to Resist Fire, Corrode Metals, and Grow Gigantic for War (20GM) // Create order of Great Trees tasked with spreading into the World's Backbone (5GM): 2#1d100+1d20 41 68

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 15, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
There was a post here - no longer.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 15, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Rager saw the wrath of Faber at the change he had made to the volcano presumably, thinking that it was another god mistakenly and was surprised, he hadn't intended to anger anyone and was just trying to make sure his temple and followers were safe from the thing erupting and spewing hot lava on them.

He asked forgiveness and asked Faber is there was anything he could do to appease his anger.

"YOURS IS A DIVINE PREROGATIVE, BROTHER. WITH IT, I TAKE NO ISSUE."

"IT IS LIFE THAT RUINED MY SPIRE WITH ITS INSOLENCE, NOT YOU."

"IT IS LIFE, THEN, THAT HAS TO FEEL MY SCOURGE."

"THOUGH I WILL CONSIDER YOUR APPEAL, AND WILL PERHAPS PUNISH IT ONLY ONCE."

"IF IT LEARNS."

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Theantero posted:

"IF IT LEARNS."

Ahh , well that is good to hear. I misunderstood what with all this wine.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mar Rabbunta, late born, looked down upon the world.

And he saw wickedness and strife.

Tree oppressed man, man oppressed ant, ant oppressed tree.

And they all preyed upon the weak and lowly, the beasts, the creeping things, and those that crawl on their bellies.

Mar Rabbunta saw that it was wrong, and, with a loud voice he wailed, and declared it evil.

Then did Mar Rabbunta issue a decree:

The soul of every living being would be born again, into a new body

Till they suffered all the transgressions they afflicted

Till they atoned for their crimes with good works

They would remember their old lives

Both misdeeds and hardships whether born Prince or Maggot.

Mar Rabbunta was compassionate, so he gave a few mortals codes for living a righteous life.

Indeed, he was so kind as to to teach flesh and blood the godly virtues.

OOC:
Give all living beings a constantly reincarnating soul, capable of remembering past births: 20 God Points
Found a religion focusing on said rebirth and the cessation of suffering, originating from a high caste princess of a middling ant hive: 5 God points

25 God Points remaining

Vinny Possum fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 15, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Theantero posted:

"IF IT LEARNS."

Khurol, God of Life.

“Again, and again, you invoke me, lord of Artifice. Yet my works are as far from yours as they can be and still be of this world. What animus have I borne you, that my domain is profaned upon your lips? It is not my work that has harmed you, not my demesne that has impinged upon yours. Name your true foe, lest you intend that we be at odds unprovoked.”

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Try to avoid rolling multiple times people, if you fail an Action you fail.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

Try to avoid rolling multiple times people, if you fail an Action you fail.

Wasn't that one reroll basically a second attempt with an appropriate god mana expenditure?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Regallion posted:

Wasn't that one reroll basically a second attempt with an appropriate god mana expenditure?

Yeah, but with that logic you could just re-roll on an action until it succeeds, especially with the increase in godmana points, so there'd be almost no failures or backfires. Makes more sense to avoid multiple re-rolls in the same round, I think

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I wanted to see what would happen if I tried a second time with another expenditure of Godmana, at least. The OP's ruling makes sense, so I took my post down so as not to encourage a repeat.

E: at the very least it seemed like a "Rage god" thing to do, to keep beating his head against a proverbial wall.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 15, 2020

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Vinny Possum posted:

OOC:
Give all living beings a constantly reincarnating soul, capable of remembering past births: 20 God Points
Found a religion focusing on said rebirth and the cessation of suffering, originating from a high caste princess of a middling ant hive: 5 God points

25 God Points remaining

Reincarnation: 90

Found a religion: 9

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Khurol, God of Life.

“Again, and again, you invoke me, lord of Artifice. Yet my works are as far from yours as they can be and still be of this world. What animus have I borne you, that my domain is profaned upon your lips? It is not my work that has harmed you, not my demesne that has impinged upon yours. Name your true foe, lest you intend that we be at odds unprovoked.”

A Record of Deeds Past posted:

He called them to a place in the Center of the World, where he cupped soil and flame for the Exiles to make something from… but the living spirits of earth and fire turned against him, lashing and thrashing at each other until all that was left was an isle of bubbling magma.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SPEAK FROM SUCH A PLACE OF ALOOFNESS, BROTHER."

"YOUR WAYWARD CHILD, LIFE, HAS ACTED WRONGLY BY ME."

"I RESERVE THE PRIVILEGE OF RIGHTEOUS CORRECTION."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Theantero posted:

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SPEAK FROM SUCH A PLACE OF ALOOFNESS, BROTHER."

"YOUR WAYWARD CHILD, LIFE, HAS ACTED WRONGLY BY ME."

"I RESERVE THE PRIVILEGE OF RIGHTEOUS CORRECTION."

Khurol, God of Life.

“I acknowledge your grievance, my sibling, but the living fire and living earth are insensate: They lack the will to obey you properly, they lack the ability to comprehend their chastisement, and they lack the capacity to learn from it and to act differently in future. You would harm them but the effort would be wasted: There is every chance that, being unable to know better, they would react in the same blind and mindless manner were you to try again. So, let us work together to correct their conduct: I can try to instill an obedient will to the earth and fire that rejected you, thus you may then explain your purpose and be understood that they may fall into line as they should. Does that seem a wise path forward?“

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 15, 2020

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"WE CAN WALK TOGETHER IN TIME, BROTHER."

"BUT FOR NOW I AM SET ON MY PATH."

now don't take this the wrong way but I just spent 50 godmana on a bunch of murderbots. There's going to be at least some amount of murder :v:

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Dagmal was still concerned about the aggression of the trees. In this state, these new more aggressive trees seemed hostile, dangerous, capable of destroying all other life if they were allowed to, spurred on by an unnecessarily aggressive god. But Dagmal knew that life was resilient. There was a species of insect....termites, they were called, that fed on trees. A temporary increase in number might keep the trees busy for a while. So Dagmar boosted the fertility of the termites in the tree kingdom, unleashing a termite plague in the hopes that would slow the trees down.

Godmana 25

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Epicurius posted:

Dagmal was still concerned about the aggression of the trees. In this state, these new more aggressive trees seemed hostile, dangerous, capable of destroying all other life if they were allowed to, spurred on by an unnecessarily aggressive god. But Dagmal knew that life was resilient. There was a species of insect....termites, they were called, that fed on trees. A temporary increase in number might keep the trees busy for a while. So Dagmar boosted the fertility of the termites in the tree kingdom, unleashing a termite plague in the hopes that would slow the trees down.

Godmana 25

Boost fertility of termites: 24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigagar
Nov 6, 2013

A bit of a fruit.

Conceived by the first failure of the gods and emboldened by the death if Geddon Zum, the deity Ka-Li Ma-Ti takes form. They are the harbinger of doom, the herald of despair, the Deity of Disaster. They make their presence known by a great ball of fire in the sky, hurtling through space. For now though, they wait and see the results of this current day's work before taking action.