Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

I'm not going to watch it man. However you are solid and there are a ton of solid folks up in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

For-real nodding approvingly.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Serious Party Gods posted:

I'm not going to watch it man. However you are solid and there are a ton of solid folks up in here.

Ah poo poo you caught it. I removed it because the preview was maybe too graphic

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Ah poo poo you caught it. I removed it because the preview was maybe too graphic

I'm not trying to lengthen my toes. I'm a tall boy who has hosed feet. TRYING to get shoes that fit that i can hike in.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

You see I'm an outdoorsman.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I struggle with this, because I have CP

I fail to see the relationship

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

This is a weirdly good comment. When I was like 5 years old, I had to go in for the first surgery to lengthen my Achilles tendon. On the way to the hospital I overheard my mom talking to my dad about the fact I'd need to wear an expensive brace with a fixed shoe for a while. She was concerned about the fact that I was growing so quickly (and how soon I'd grow out of the expensive brace + shoe). She was telling my pop that the doctor recommended "well, if it comes to it, we can cut off the toe" - I asked sheepishly if they were going to cut off my toes.

I was going to joke that you should cut off your big toe, but holy cow.
Would like to hear more stories about growing up with this problem.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Can't you just stuff a rag into the toe of your shoe?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

This is a weirdly good comment. When I was like 5 years old, I had to go in for the first surgery to lengthen my Achilles tendon. On the way to the hospital I overheard my mom talking to my dad about the fact I'd need to wear an expensive brace with a fixed shoe for a while. She was concerned about the fact that I was growing so quickly (and how soon I'd grow out of the expensive brace + shoe). She was telling my pop that the doctor recommended "well, if it comes to it, we can cut off the toe" - I asked sheepishly if they were going to cut off my toes.

Sounds like you have at least one very strange foot, OP. Can we get a photo? (not asking in a weird way)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ante posted:

You can call it "Solemates"

This is GOOD

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

v funny what happened to schweinhund, thank you for this thread.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

my dog died im sad posted:

I was going to joke that you should cut off your big toe, but holy cow.
Would like to hear more stories about growing up with this problem.

The first surgery was OK because I was like, a little pip. The second major surgery was in 7TH GRADE - and we all know how kind and understanding middle-schoolers are. Whatever - it may cause problems down the road as I get older but for right now, I just have a size 11 on my left, and a size 10 on my right. I suspect this is due to the fact that I probably had a cast on during some weird adolescent growth spurt, and it worked like binding feet.

Honestly I'm lucky I was touched so little by this potentially life-loving birth trauma.

Serious Party Gods fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 12, 2020

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Hell Yeah posted:

v funny what happened to schweinhund, thank you for this thread.

Serious Party Gods fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 12, 2020

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

Sounds like you have at least one very strange foot, OP. Can we get a photo? (not asking in a weird way)

It's just a normal foot.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Thank you generous benefactor for changing it back with real zeal

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lmao

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Thank you generous benefactor for changing it back with real zeal

ahahahahaha

I mean it's giving money to a serial abuser which isn't great, but still, lol

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Will people's shoe sizes be stored in a blockchain? I hear that's the way to do business now.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

ahahahahaha

I mean it's giving money to a serial abuser which isn't great, but still, lol

I'm just glad it happened! I can't take credit or share blame. Someone out there felt strongly enough to call out weirdly hateful speech on the somehow-still-going forums. I have hope that it's going to get turned over to new mgmt.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Knormal posted:

Will people's shoe sizes be stored in a blockchain? I hear that's the way to do business now.

"HEELO I AM HERE TO MEASURE YOUR loving FEET"
"Sorry"
"HEELO I AM HERE TO MEASURE YOUR FEET... SIR"

:smug:
gently caress the system I am disrupting "big matched pair"

Serious Party Gods fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 12, 2020

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

It's just a normal foot.

Doubt it!

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

lol

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Organizations that arrange shoe trades for people with different-sized feet have been around since the 70s. My friend used one when we were in high school back then. He had a partner. They would decide on a style of shoe, one would buy the larger pair, the other the smaller, they would trade the appropriate shoes, so they have a pair that fit. It is also used by amputees who don't wear a prosthetic. They can share the unused shoe with an amputee missing the other leg.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Genesplicer posted:

Organizations that arrange shoe trades for people with different-sized feet have been around since the 70s. My friend used one when we were in high school back then. He had a partner. They would decide on a style of shoe, one would buy the larger pair, the other the smaller, they would trade the appropriate shoes, so they have a pair that fit. It is also used by amputees who don't wear a prosthetic. They can share the unused shoe with an amputee missing the other leg.

That's great (and I'm not being a poo poo).

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dunno if posted already but Atom shoes let you do that, buy a pair with different sizes

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Dunno if posted already but Atom shoes let you do that, buy a pair with different sizes

Expensive! But they look pretty nice. Thanks :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Expensive! But they look pretty nice. Thanks :unsmith:

No problem buddy, always glad to help :)