Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
A bit late, but thanks for the LP! That actually turned out to be really interesting. I'll keep my eyes open for more from you, might be worth the trouble to post in this thread too once you're underway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Starting having a watch of this, it's pretty fun (to watch anyway) and generally a nice presentation.

I am curious though. I seem to have missed the bit where you made a bow and coconut bowls and cleaned water. Which I assume isn't anything surprising or mindboggling, was just a little jarring and I wondered if there's a missing video somewhere.

EDIT : And just saw this finished in August. Congrats on finishing an LP. :D

Tylana fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 2, 2020

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
I too enjoyed this LP!

This playthrough made the game seem lot different from most other games in the genre - a lot less focus on camp building and day-to-day survival and more moving towards the next plot objective. Is this mostly due to you having prior knowledge of the game, different pacing, or both?

Vex Thunder
Dec 12, 2005

FAT TIRE Amber Ale's appeal is in its feat of balance: toasty, biscuit-like malt flavors coasting in equilibrium with hoppy freshness.

Covski posted:

I too enjoyed this LP!

This playthrough made the game seem lot different from most other games in the genre - a lot less focus on camp building and day-to-day survival and more moving towards the next plot objective. Is this mostly due to you having prior knowledge of the game, different pacing, or both?

Both?

I suppose the real explanation is that the games crafting and survival aspect isn't really deep enough, mechanically speaking, to warrant playing it like a base-building game.

Perhaps if they added more traps, enemies, waves ala The Forest, it would.

The only real modes of the game are the story mode and survival mode which is basically the same but without the story.

There is no real defense style survival modes.

All in all though I did enjoy the story and a survival game with an objective based story mode is fun in its own right.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The objective thing is also a lot more appropriate for the game too. The story starts you off with you getting stranded and wanting to know wtf happened to the wife. So the guy doing only what's strictly necessary to survive before following leads to find her... is entirely appropriate. He's not paying as much focused attention on survival and neither is the game.