Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Brought To You By posted:

It's fog, not mist. Although to be more technical I guess it's a smokescreen since it's not made of water.
The definition's a little bit hazy, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Kokoro is now Nokoro. Only one left, Gooptessa!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

No no this is Nokroro

Fun Fact: Mary Cagle has done art of evil AU Undine, Kokoro, Zoe and Rue. Rue's was deemed so disturbing the discord decided against making an emote of it.

Just raw 'There is no war in Ba Sing Se' energy. She drew it on stream. She made this version, then played around with the eyes to make it less terrortown, then went BACK to the terrortown eyes and promptly ended the stream

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-19-page-10
Ok so things can get worse from here...

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
the new monster is cassidy, calling it now.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

the new monster is cassidy, calling it now.

Oh huh, it does have the same haircut

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Xun posted:

Oh huh, it does have the same haircut

also it's gross little legs look kind of like scissor blades in the final panel here: https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-19-page-6

kind of a stretch otherwise

it's trying to cut kokoro away from undine I guess?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I thought Mary once word-of-godded that the monsters are not former magical girls...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

can't believe Kokoro is D E A D

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Twibbit posted:

I thought Mary once word-of-godded that the monsters are not former magical girls...

She said monsters aren't dead magical girls.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tenebrais posted:

:eyepop:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Tenebrais posted:

If Cassidy is alive I'm gonna riot.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Alternatively: it's a No Barts Allowed situation, we can have one monster made from a dead magical girl (as a treat).

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Or, monsters weren't dead magical girls... until goops figured out how to make that happen, just recently.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

They're not actually dead magical girls, she's just making that one look like Cassidy to gently caress with people.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tenebrais posted:

Another possible reading that leaves Mary's words Technically Correct is that they don't have to be dead magical girls, or former magical girls, to be an echo of their magic.

Like it can be a manifestation of magic, imprinted with some semblance of Cassidy-like characteristics, without Literally Being Cassidy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I hope Kokoro can get her parents back together before the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Another possible reading that leaves Mary's words Technically Correct is that they don't have to be dead magical girls, or former magical girls, to be an echo of their magic.

Like it can be a manifestation of magic, imprinted with some semblance of Cassidy-like characteristics, without Literally Being Cassidy.

& if they're all based on some form of fear...Cassidy was full of them and there's now the general worry of what happened to her.

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

Semi-sentient but corrupted magical girls a la Madoka witches/Steven Universe gem monsters?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief posted:

Semi-sentient but corrupted magical girls a la Madoka witches/Steven Universe gem monsters?
One of the things Mary Cagle's confirmed a few different places (like the official Discord) is "it's not Madoka".

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Yeah I would be really surprised and honestly a bit disappointed if this were Cassidy, though I can see it being a monster born from Cassidy's nightmares of isolation and/or her judgmental side. Though even then, I think it's more likely it's just A Monster like we often see, it just happens to be one that's built around a relevant nightmare to the main story.

Also, Oh No Koro

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Maybe in whatever in between void Cassidy ended up in, there's nothing to do to pass the time other than craft monsters to entertain yourself, and of course she made one with her haircut that pulls people into an in between void because that would be SO like her.

Maybe Goops was originally stuck there as well and is why she's so... there, but not there, and also why Cassidy could stab her in a way no one else could, since her powers pulled from the same space.

I can't see an outcome where Cassidy would intentionally hurt Heartful Punch though.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I have no fists but I must punch

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
i can't believe kokoro is fuckin dead

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

All she has to do is find a find a guitar and play Johnny B Goode really well. She's got this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

i can't believe kokoro is fuckin dead

Many are saying this

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:ohdear:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just punch so hard you crack a hole back into reality.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MikeJF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnipaKzDdIU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonna own when Undine spots and effortlessly kills the monster, permanently trapping Kokoro in the phantom zone

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

MikeJF posted:

This guy ki-ratas

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
New page
Hot Diggity I wasn't expecting Gooptessa to reveal themselves so soon, but I like it!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kokoro is D E A D stocks going up, up, up!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

we're near the barrier

gabby 'boutta come out of just off screen and solve all these problems

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I feel like we've seen those specific drooping leaves at the border before, but this is the first time we've seen actual tree trunks underneath and beyond. The leaves seemed more like a sky-wall before in my memory.

ThCawdor
Apr 23, 2010
well that went in an unexpected direction

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Permalink to the page.

Was this whole thing just a confidence game and a test of her power?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Loving these facial expressions.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Tessa saved the day. She's the best!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A friendly Goops!

Good to know she's just trying to help. Phew, I was worried she might have ulterior motives

Edit: One from the Discord

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 21, 2022