Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

A friendly Goops!

Good to know she's just trying to help. Phew, I was worried she might have ulterior motives

Edit: One from the Discord

lol lmao

This is going to go so badly for HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
New page

Watch it turn out that HP just destroyed humanity. It didn't have to be this way, they'll tell the survivors after the time skip. All you had to do was be cool.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Well, they don't call her Heartful Talk now do they?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Their colour scheme is almost identical.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Nettle Soup posted:

Their colour scheme is almost identical.
Kokoro gets doppelgangered by Heartful Purple in t-minus 5... 4...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Well, they don't call her Heartful Talk now do they?

:hmmyes:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
"Time for a Heart to Heart"
*slams fists together*

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-19-page-15

goops doing the *knuckle on her head, wink, tongue out* pose at her war crimes tribunal

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Really wonder how much is Tessa and how much is Goops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

habeasdorkus posted:

Really wonder how much is Tessa and how much is Goops.

You can argue that HP’s statement applies to either so yeah this is doing a fantastic job of blending Tessa and Goops.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hp has never met tessa and probably doesn't know the dramatic irony in what she just shouted, yeah?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm pretty sure it's mostly just Tessa right now and HP just accidentally accused Tessa of killing Team Alchemical. To which Tessa would respond "uh, yeah. Cant really argue that."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

flatluigi posted:

hp has never met tessa and probably doesn't know the dramatic irony in what she just shouted, yeah?
I don't know about dramatic irony so much as

MJeff posted:

I'm pretty sure it's mostly just Tessa right now and HP just accidentally accused Tessa of killing Team Alchemical. To which Tessa would respond "uh, yeah. Cant really argue that."
Yeah, that. Confirmation of internalized guilt.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think it can be be all three things, really

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

rannum posted:

I think it can be be all three things, really

Things always get real muddled when multiple people share the same headspace.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think it's a combination of internalised guilt and maybe also a little bit of 'oh holy poo poo goops is the straight up murderer of my team' which had kinda been pushed to the side/deliberately avoided thinking about since the merge (at the same time as being ever-aware of it because trauma is fun)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Have we had any indication that she is anything more then powered up Tessa? We all assume that Purple Girls character is involved there, but that's not guaranteed.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Is there any indication that Goops ISNT mostly in control? If the idea was just "Goops gives Tessa powers back and lets her loose" I dont think we wouldve explicitly seen her getting bodyjacked.

The stuff in her dream was, to me, just a way to get her on a similar emotional page to Goops, so she'd stop rejecting her.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

Have we had any indication that she is anything more then powered up Tessa? We all assume that Purple Girls character is involved there, but that's not guaranteed.
That whole nightmare sequence, and her months of slow, gradual wearing away at Tessa, would be a little pointless if Goops was just a passive observer.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-18-page-42

There's this, where she speaks in plural: "We'll just have to do it all ourselves." I took that to mean that they were sort of a blend of the two.

She speaks in plural on the page after that, too, and says you have to combine their points. Take that with a grain of salt because it's extracanonical, but yeah. :v:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

girl dick energy posted:

That whole nightmare sequence, and her months of slow, gradual wearing away at Tessa, would be a little pointless if Goops was just a passive observer.

Maybe that was just an artistic representation of delivering solid, well sourced arguments over a prolonged time.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Goops is magical girl Venom, I'd assume a blend.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

A blend is definitely the most likely, venom is actually probably the best comparison

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
That does allow for the weird possibility of them being able to mentally affect Goops via her connection to Tessa's feelings. Dunno if that will be a thing, but I'm just thinking outloud. Like that was a sub-five second thought there folks.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Yeah, I definitely think its a blend. I'm not sure if Goops would save HP if it was her in complete control. She showed no mercy to any other magical girls prior to this. Except Tessa who she needed.

Though I wonder if HP is going to tell Undine about this, or if its gonna end up being a secret. If it was Undine in this encounter she would absolutely tell HP, but I think since its HP she might not. Telling someone who's been through as much as Undine that her former friend has become an evil magical girl by joining with the entity that murdered all her other friends is kinda a lot.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JuniperCake posted:

Though I wonder if HP is going to tell Undine about this, or if its gonna end up being a secret. If it was Undine in this encounter she would absolutely tell HP, but I think since its HP she might not. Telling someone who's been through as much as Undine that her former friend has become an evil magical girl by joining with the entity that murdered all her other friends is kinda a lot.

I don't know that she even recognises this is Tessa at this point. I get the impression she just thinks this is goops solo.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

MikeJF posted:

I don't know that she even recognises this is Tessa at this point. I get the impression she just thinks this is goops solo.

Oh fair! that could definitely be the case.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, she's got no reason to know Tessa is in here - she's never met either Tessa or Goops before, and their combined figure would still match any rough description of what Goops looked like.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Time for more punching
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-19-page-16

https://twitter.com/cubewatermelon/status/1489520227264217088?s=20&t=4kyJPF3WpIE714M3jr1hGg

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Looks like Kokoro's still got another dark secret left unrevealed. Probably something to do with her mother's death, right? The 'what' has been explained there, but not the 'why.'

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

Looks like Kokoro's still got another dark secret left unrevealed. Probably something to do with her mother's death, right? The 'what' has been explained there, but not the 'why.'

I just took this to mean Gessa doesn't think therapy, medication and periodic talks with dad is "enough" because Goops got her own hang ups and is projecting. & Tessa, for that matter, but Goops is the one who called Kokoro to taunt her to begin with & never leaves anything alone because of her issues.

If we want to treat her as calling her out as legitimate then: Left dad to live in a dorm, focused on being on her own, only begrudgingly speaks with her dad occasionalyl and the conversation has a narrow focus when they do, she avoids talking about her dad at all beyond the minimum, and she might be seen as putting on a happy face, etc could all be seen as "running away" from the past instead of actually confronting it like she thinks she has

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Every page so far has “Tessa” and “her” tags, so I assume there’s definitely a merger. If there’s a personality blend or someone specifically behind the wheel is the question.

Also, I wouldn’t recognize someone I only saw in passing at school decked out in a super villain costume.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Meanwhile, Undine definitely WOULD, hence Tessa saying she needs to yeet on outta there because she sees Undine coming.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The way I read that alt-text, the purple girl's name was Stressa. Stressa con Tessa.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Now it's an anime.

Poor Undine, she's clearly been put through the wringer with all this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Orf!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Can't help but hear this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yldjilKpxww

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Time for the ol' off screen recap.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's fine, she's just full of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hello, I wound up here as a result of the disillusionment in the Gunnerkrigg thread.

This comic is neat and has exceptionally strong theming. I've read folks praising the art and character writing—it good—but I'm equally impressed by how nearly every narrative beat hits notes of grief, trauma, and depression. So much so that it's forked the two main characters between the more healthy recovery resulting in a magical girlfriend, and the less healthy ending by being literally possessioned by nihilism. Cool stuff.

That said, I'll be furious if Tessa doesn't come out okay at the end.