Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gabby and Goops both start with G. Gabby IS Goops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Gabby Ganks Goops Grievously

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Gabby has just been skewered by Cassidy around the corner while Dark Tessa laughs and poses for a selfie. :colbert:

(I don't think that at all.)

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gabby went to visit Cassidy and Team Alchemical at the nice farm they moved to upstate.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
So much room to run ☺️

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
If a character dies off-screen and nobody is able to observe it. Do they make a sound?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

:siren: The Outer Barrier.

There is code on this page, it says DONT LOOK DONT THINK repeated all over.
(Spoilered in case you want to enjoy decoding it yourself)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
So Gabby is a healer among other things. Magical girl paladin

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Is it just me or does that look like a forest right beyond the outer barrier?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

OK it is kind of funny that they're expositing about Gabby so hard when she is, still, just off screen.

habeasdorkus posted:

Is it just me or does that look like a forest right beyond the outer barrier?

The way I read the leaves/flowers is they are part of the barrier.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The way the wall fades into the white "sky" makes it read as completely flat, despite the shading. It's a weird look. Not bad, but I can't tell if that's how I'm supposed to read it or not.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

rannum posted:

OK it is kind of funny that they're expositing about Gabby so hard when she is, still, just off screen.

I think it is to explain why she is off screen. She is too tired to patrol or lift weights because she spent the whole day healing people

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The way the wall fades into the white "sky" makes it read as completely flat, despite the shading. It's a weird look. Not bad, but I can't tell if that's how I'm supposed to read it or not.

The shading is more like static - the thing is meant to be weirdly dimensionless, I think, with extremely weird fringes.

Even more importantly... why is the lower part of the barrier apparently material stuff, and all broken up?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm pretty sure the barrier is physically intersecting trees and brush at the edge of a forest, which is giving it that weird look.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I assumed it was meant to symbolize Goops corruption, like it's infringing on the pure white barrier with the inner barrier color which we've all theorized are two different things. But it could just be trees touching it, or maybe it just looks like trees on this night.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

It's very clearly a solid wall with visible brick sections, and the brick sections are illuminated like the brick of the Inner Barrier.

The question is, why doesn't it go to the ground? Also why is it all weird and floppy.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Joe Slowboat posted:

It's very clearly a solid wall with visible brick sections, and the brick sections are illuminated like the brick of the Inner Barrier.

The question is, why doesn't it go to the ground? Also why is it all weird and floppy.

I think the bricks are just a brick wall probably a story in height and then the foliage/white noise outer barrier overlaps it from above.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

In which my fan theory is confrimed!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Was it really a theory though? Lime was not subtle about it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Their retroactive ship name is now Blood Orange.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Was it really a theory though? Lime was not subtle about it.

There was some debate in the fandom over whether they'd actually dated or if Lime had just asked HP out and been turned down.

I wonder if it was a serious relationship. The way HP puts it implies it wasn't, but it was presumably years ago and they're still a bit awkward about it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
It really couldn't have been that long ago. A year, maybe two at the most. They're not even seniors in high school and they were dating when they had already become magical girls.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

It really couldn't have been that long ago. A year, maybe two at the most. They're not even seniors in high school and they were dating when they had already become magical girls.

Kokoro reminisicing fondly: Neither of us were as popular back then
Undine: wasn't that like 8 months ago
Kokoro: Yes those were halcyon days.....

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

That’s 100% on-brand for dumb teenagers.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tenebrais posted:

There was some debate in the fandom over whether they'd actually dated or if Lime had just asked HP out and been turned down.

I wonder if it was a serious relationship. The way HP puts it implies it wasn't, but it was presumably years ago and they're still a bit awkward about it.

it was probably as serious as a first relationship between teenagers ever is

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tenebrais posted:

Little bit yeah on the awkwardness though I don’t think that’s what’s going on in your first link. If you look closely, HP has basically already checked out of the conversation after panel 4. She’s thinking about Undine looking for a partner, I don’t think she even heard the rest.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Tenebrais posted:

Oh Cassidy... :smith:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

habeasdorkus posted:

Her "angsty period" was when she was 13, so if she's 16 now then it would've been three years.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 9, 2023

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Important Outrageous Lime lore

:catdrugs:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

peer pressure

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

rannum posted:

peer pressure
Works every time.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

This is just adorable

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Flame and Frost are the best couple in the series and I'll hear no arguments to the contrary :colbert:

And what does this town's potential drug market look like? What is their tax policy? The real questions Mary is hiding from us not that barrier nonsense.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Brought To You By posted:

And what does this town's potential drug market look like?
Good stuff is free

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
THE DRUGS

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I love how both of these kids are tremendous dorks

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kennel posted:

Good stuff is free

Problem is it always leads to a bad trip.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

...so what's the catch Cagle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Really feel like there's about to be some post-barrier monsters showing up and wrecking things.