Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
1. Zoe
2. Undine
3. Kokoro
4. Vedika
5. Sylvia (rip)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Joe Slowboat posted:

Vedika needs more screen time and psychic stuff IMO, that Chekhov’s gun hasn’t gone off yet.

Agreed, feels like she's got huge potential. I wonder what other psychic girls in the setting have been like. Presumably they've been kind of ineffectual in combat up til now because the monsters are mindless. Vedika might be key to taking on a sapient creature like Goops

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Cassidy is screaming from the grave(?)

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

She's not dead, actually, she just experienced a bad case of total existence failure.

Is it okay if we talk a bit about the sister comic Kiwi Blitz? Because I enjoy the hover text on the latest page about the creepy animebot's antics.

I binged the whole of Kiwi Blitz shortly after SD and the chapter titled Body Movin' sent me down a terrible (excellent) Beastie Boys hole

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

The yawning girl in the back is a nice touch. Even a later school start doesn't always help teenagers who're staying up so late!

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Jeeze I can't believe I didn't notice the joke in Junetag Appliances before now.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

The weight room is a memorial weight room. Even the swolest magical girls can still fall.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

"I DO have a partner, you wouldn't know her, she lives in Magical Girl Canada"

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Anne Uther School for Magical Girls, clearly.

Anne Utena

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-12-page-29

The static on the outer barrier looks an awful lot like whatever weird memory warping effect Anenome has on Tessa in this page.

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-3-page-12

I stumbled across that because I wanted to find out if there'd been any hint of the outer barrier in previous pages, and was looking for shots of the sky. It looks blue enough here, which makes me wonder if it only goes up to a certain height, or perhaps fades to transparent the further away you are from it.

Daktar fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 17, 2021

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Twibbit posted:

Imagine living in one of those houses, wake up every morning to static hell.

Bet the rent's really cheap, though.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I never realised until now that retired magical girls lose the hair colour. I wonder if it changes overnight or if it starts growing as its natural colour once you lose your powers and you end up looking like you've had a bad dye job.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I like that Undine and Kokoro are sitting under posters that are thematically appropriate for one another.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

Aww yeah we're gonna get a dark magical girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I really love that tiny third panel of just sparkles, it's such an understated way of showing that they're detransforming.