Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

How long before Bud finds out?

I mean... Bud probably has like a board for all this and HP and 'Dine an Item is probably on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Frankly, I have no trust in any organistion structure that happily browbeats children into national service, sends them out into a forever war against beings that haunt the diseased mind of Lovecraft and then makes merchendise out of them.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Wittgen posted:

Cassidy died because she placed petty teenage bullshit ahead of solidarity and relied only on herself. It's the exact same reason Team Alchemical died. I don't think it's fair to read the comic as saying either Cassidy or Team Alchemical deserved their fates. Rather, I think the comic is making an argument that you need to both help others and rely on others in kind of equal measure if you're going to be successful.

:hmmyes:

That being said, given the nature of what happened, yeah we needed this confirmation of her eating dirt.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Even in death an ambigious state of existance Cass is able to ruin everything.
Her ability wasn't to cut her self in half, that was just a biproduct of her actual ability, to be human marmite.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The kids are alright but quick to forget Cassidy did basicly pull a knife out on 'dine.

Course, the creepiest thing to happen right now would be for her to show up and be just fine

PMush Perfect posted:

Undine, what you're feeling right now is called survivor guilt and it's why these girls need therapists.

To be fair it's been stated that there are theropists (and meds) involved, just how much 'dine is engaging with that in lieu of Goops Huntin', however, has not been disclosed.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 27, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

There are therapists and meds involved for HP. Undine has explicitly copped to using neither of those things to Zoe. Which is a large part of the problem.

Fair enough. I wasn’t sure if I was making up stuff that happened between the end of the prologue (ch 2) and the story proper.

TheHan posted:

Magical Girl marketing is so strong that you almost forget there was a mortality rate before Goops started ramping things up.

Oh yeah no, this place was a Hell Dimension long before the HP Lovecraft sludge gained sentience and started picking targets.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Sep 28, 2020

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kokoro, dear, you can't just will someone from the dead state of ambigious existance by being really angry at her. That's not how any of this works.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

What fluff version of Scarfolk did I end up in?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ronya posted:

if she's already downed four MGs, including one present, that's moved a fair bit beyond 'just' wanting to scare people

That we know of.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Reclaimer posted:

I like all of em tbh, playing favorites is a sucker's game. I actually didn't like Undine for a while because I went into the whole thing completely blind and I almost refused to believe for a couple pages that they'd kill off all the more interesting and colorful personalities to focus on The Mom Friend but that's the whole magic of the comic.

Try that in the throws of an anxiety based mental episode.
I'm sure some here could attest that I was a right rat bastard for a while.

The medicine helped.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 22, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Beginning to think that this is Zanarkand type situation.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I beginning to think Goops!Tessa is more Tess than she was even prior to Team Alchemical getting chumped.

Also, given the code on this page "ENOUGH" "GO AWAY" I'm beginning to wonder just how in danger Anemone actually is.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 25, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hurray! God's Angry! Oh no, God's Angry...

Yeah, ether Goops has thought this out entirely or, more likely, she's not thought any of this out at all.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 8, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
For a moment I forgot that the chapter ended and thought that this was a smash cut and Venom Tessa lost that badly.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Mary unfortunately lost one of her cats today.
https://twitter.com/CagleCats/status/1548668967107141634?s=20&t=aqa2uuKdNi1N4To4xsWfEg

Edit: of all the...

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 17, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, it hasn't been great.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 17, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Not quite sure if Venom-Tess is referring to herself in the whole or herself and Anemone with that whole "Don't you think we've both [ate enough poo poo]?"

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Mary is intent on keeping one of her fosters.

https://twitter.com/CagleCats/status/1553663767342469120?s=20&t=fndacSFV9NNCZclTZkgDiw

Yeah it was sad. Shouldn't play favorites with kitties but Froyo was the best of the 3 by far IMHO.

Is that going to be a problem for her fostering? I mind that being a thing but I can't remember.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was meaning her keeping a foster, spcificaly.

I could be misremembering something but I thought I minded it being a policy thing she mentioned.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 2, 2022

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
She might have mentioned it earlier in her stint and I took it as some sort of gospel, sorry.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Don't forget the living ones that are both expected to be pious holy warriors fighting in a forever war with the soul-consuming darkness and idols who promote toasters and poo poo.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
True, but it does bare repeating that this situation was massively hosed before we got to the sentient embodiment of Some Girls' negativity actively murdering people.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
How... How many people?!

Enough

:unsmigghh:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Has anyone ever mentioned what non-MG dreams are like? Because I’m getting some “nightmares made manifest” vibes now.

Given what form they take, I've always assumed they take the form of people's fears; animals, cartoon characters, distorted human features (Mouths).

isasphere posted:

Oh, dang. Mary has stated that this isn't like Madoka, in that the monsters aren't former magical girls.

She never said anything about them not being former people.

Minus "It's not a dream" this is starting to feel a lot more FF X right now.
Cuz there's a non-zero chance these monsters, if not the whole entire enterprise are powered by the souls of the damned.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

No plot progression for you! -LIW

Beginning to suspect that the psychotic, mass murdering symbiote partly made out of the soul eating world-sickness might have a point.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Really the only bad thing about all this quality wise - and I know it's a fault with the medium rather than any unforced error on Cagle's part - is that its IMHO a bit frustrating to read in webcomic time for, about a month or so (?), for the resolution to be "And no one will remember this so no progress can be made on this point."

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If everything goes to plan, she'll be dead before long anyway so what does decorum matter?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I wouldn't want to be the suit that gives emotionaly unstable teenagers, whomst can shoot lazers amongst other things, consciption papers.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Which, to be fair, it absolutely is.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
There's also the whole "matrix says no" thing going on, too.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 22, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
https://twitter.com/freesiavacadoo/...ingawful.com%2F

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Truely, a magical girl story more dire than Madoka

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
All joking aside, I thought the managers were on the up-and-up regarding 'Dine and Ko'.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
At least three, evidently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Kokoro... CQC is probably not going to help.