Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Also grief isn't some constant thing that stops you from ever being happy. Given Cassidy is still not confirmed dead and all the stuff Tenebrais pointed out, of course they're happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Looks to me like there is a hole in the outer barrier. That weird patch was some kind of brick wall that had an inner barrier over it.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Her Aunt just made her gf sad. That will not do.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

drat that alt text tho.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

New page

tess tess tess

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Heck yeah heck yeah

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

This page makes me think that Tess doesn't know the letters on the window are goops.

My sense of dread is just building and building.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Hug that girl!

I hope something kind of cuts the tension. So much was built up leading to this, and now Undine has finally confided in Tessa. But it hasn't really released the sense of dread because now Tessa is the one hiding her ominous interactions from Undine.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Sleepless Domain unleashing the true eldritch horror of Otousan.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

That's some good kokoro face there.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Strong evidence for Goop controlling/being the barrier.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

I think we're getting a peek into what monsters really are.

My personal theory is that the monsters are nightmares. That when the inner barrier covers the city during the night, it taps into the populace's dreams (the woman in white has interacted with Undine's dreams a couple of times but only when she's been asleep with the barrier up, which I don't think is a coincidence) and harvests them for power to fuel the outer barrier (the static effect on it looks exactly like the effect on people's eyes when they try to remember something they dreamed and forgot). But nightmares can't be used for this purpose and get spat out into the street as monsters so they don't mess up the rest of the system. Perhaps when they infect people they're just trying to get back home - and Goops is using that same pathway here.

This is a cool theory, but it raises the question of why the outer barrier exists at all. The story is that it's to protect from monsters on the outside, but if monsters are just incidentally caused by the fueling of the outer barrier, that would have to be wrong.

Really interested in seeing more about the guy from the outside.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have seen a food garden on the school roof! Seems like it's all urban farming, which is wild.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Gonzo as a magical girl.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I bet since goop's eye is missing there, that one is just Tessa's normal eye. Good way of showing that Tess is now half goops.

Maybe this amalgam needs a new name. Toops?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Time for the ol' off screen recap.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Undine is the best character, hands down.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Good to see these two girls talking.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Is the outer barrier still up? I wonder if anemone kept up the inner barrier to patch up the weakness in golden girls outer barrier.

Getting the feeling that goopa, amenone, and golden girl were originally a team.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

There is a monster club as well, so there must be some distinction between outer science and monsters.

Feels it's almost certain that girl in white does outer barrier/powers while anemone does night barrier and goops is caught up with whatever is causing monsters. And I bet that they used to be on a team together.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Imagine working at the world trade center and calling in sick on 9/11 as a petty office politics move. Imagine the survivors guilt and depression is so bad you join Al Qaeda.

It just makes sense.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Yeah, zero percent chance Tessa is fully gone. She's not fully in the driver's seat but she's there. She'll fight back against Goops control at some key point.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

The financial and social prestige related perks of being a magical girl have come from being cool and killing monsters. Hanging out in a hospital just in case something very unlikely happens doesn't seem like it is going to be compelling to any of these teens.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Genuinely confusing thinking. If you do something nice, you're obligated to keep doing it forever or it's a moral failing?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Also seems vaguely happy/pleased. No way that's Tess.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Cats are extremely overrated but this is very cute.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Wasn't there a lengthy hiatus and spottier updates this year? I think that was this year but it's covid era and time has no relevance or meaning.

Regardless, that stuff has a big impact on reader retention.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Man, gently caress ALS.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Do we know they're talking about revealing hoops truth? They brought up bringing more people in, but that could be something they're doing separately, and the thing they're talking about on this page is revealing that they're dating.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

That fourth panel is fantastic

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Such a great angry face. HP is so expressive.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Oh it's these assholes again.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

That is so viscerally gross.

Also it's a dark reflection of the founder, surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Oh, good call. Definitely Sylvie.