Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##unvote since that’s -2 and we could conceivably get scum rushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
should we let Andy use his vig before we vote him out? or is that too risky? how firm are you on Andy being scum? given that I just saw the unvote, I'd guess not 100%.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

should we let Andy use his vig before we vote him out? or is that too risky? how firm are you on Andy being scum? given that I just saw the unvote, I'd guess not 100%.

Firm enough to vote that way on day 2. Not firm enough to get bamboozled by a scum rush 10 hours before deadline.

If Andy shoots yuming, myself, cheese, or Hal I would be very cross and still vote for him today. Anyone else and I would have to take a few to think about it.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Epsilon Plus posted:

Do you have any thoughts on Andy or are you just hopping the not you train?

The last post of yours I see re him is sitting on both sides of the andyplan fence. Feel free to correct me if you feel I’m being unfair

Epsilon Plus posted:

I haven't really had time to think about the game overly much today. Andy, do you think your plan is still worthwhile? I can help execute it in the morning, or at least I can if I think it over some more and don't catch anything that would turn it from my current analysis of "probably a bad idea" to "definitely a bad idea".

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Uwu I'm about to gush everywhere

this is probably why opop was killed n1, btw

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

yuming posted:

When cheese first set the gotcha I was on the fence about the play, but after he justified it more he has been come across differently from the last game I played with him.
This is justifying voting cheese, but what does this even mean? It's barely in English. I think if you translate it, it comes to "well cheese played differently in another game", which is a bad argument. It's also one she'll come back to again with me; almost as though yuming can't make any actual cases based on gameplay because she knows who the scum is, so she's just throwing up meta smokeclouds in the hopes that nobody notices.

yuming posted:

So the problem I have with Dead Cow as scum, is scum have the shared knowledge that there are at least two day kills as soon as they talk to each other. Once the day starts playing out scum know there are a shitton of day kills in play.

Being cagey when you have that knowledge to me is LESS likely than being cagey as town.
"Scum, who inherently have more knowledge than the town, are well known for being open about that knowledge and telling the town everything they know." This is an actual argument yuming is trying to make in what she'd have us believe is good faith.

yuming posted:

Its silly to give players who claim vig a blanket pass.

From where I’m standing there are two scum vigs barring SNG flipping scum which is unlikely.

It’s kinda :sparkles: my role plays up voting being my power but I feel closer to a stump since p much everyone can just gush someone out.
So, this is still on Day 1. With that in mind, let me re-quote the important bit.

yuming posted:

there are two scum vigs
How do you possibly know how many scum there are, yuming? Especially on Day One? Especially with multiple deaths but no flips yet? Where, oh where, could you have gotten that information?

yuming posted:

Hey don’t lump me in just because I don’t have a vigkill.

It’s actually p frustrating because everyone else can at least shoot someone if they have a strong suspicion. We didn’t even vote anyone out yesterday but at least consider my play and motivation instead of wanting to blanket kill me for “information.” Which spoilers isn’t going to help town.

I have cooled a bit on cheese I want to reread once before I drop a vote.
This is nonsense and she should know it. If yuming is telling the truth, her flip will give the town the information (why the scare quotes?) that not all town have dayvigs. How could that possibly not help? I'd argue it's crucial information!

yuming posted:

In a 13 player game with a SK is 2 or 3 scum more likely? Hmm.
Hmmm indeed, I wonder why you're suddenly unsure of how many scum there are now that people are focusing on you

yuming posted:

I am less sold on cheese being scum after EOD yesterday. Particularly the "I did RNG but thought against it" doesn't feel like scum-planning.

re: Opop as the NK. I think Opop got killed either (1) at random ~WIFOM~ or (2) because of his mod/wacky setup experience.

For option 2, I think someone like Andy would be motivated to kill Opop.

PS National Ice Cream Day update: I got all three special flavors from our local shop and so far they are delicious! Haven't tried peach yet.
I just love this "case". Someone "like me" -- no word on what that means -- would be "motivated" to kill Opop because... no reason given. Just because! Accept her word!

P.S. Speculating about NK motives is worthless and asking people to do it is a major scumtell
P.P.S. I'd have killed Spoonsy, always NK Spoonsy

yuming posted:

I was just going to vote here.

##vote CapnAndy

Because of his treatment of me. He is just blanket calling me scum for my role with no analysis of my play.

He wants to run his plan because it will net scum a win.

He talks town into killing the non-vigs, next scum shoot off their kills first and town has little chance of victory.
I just want to point out that yuming flat out admits this is an OMGUS -- "because of his treatment of me" -- but she'll go on to act like it's a real case.

The end, ##vote yuming

I know you guys hate reading anything longer than a bumper sticker but please try anyway before you all vote me out for the unimpeachable reasoning of "has tried" and "is a flavor of gushers someone else also is"?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Oh hell I posted half my case instead of copy and pasting it, here's the first half

A case on yuming:

CapnAndy posted:

it is suspicious as hell that yuming and DC don't have dayvigs. Everyone clearly has one! What makes these two specific people different than everyone else, in a game where we've already seen a SK flip? (Hint: They're the scum, it's them)
If people want to case me because of what flavor gusher I am, I can drat sure make a case on "gosh, two and exactly two people are different from all the rest of us, what a weird number, PS how many scum should there be left in a 13 player game with one scum already dead?"

Moving on to actual posts:

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

cheese sandwich posted:

Agree

If I hadn’t gushed already I’d be pointed at andy or epsilon

Of the two of these Andy is more a gut flavour case, if I wasn’t previously clear. Based on game content epsilon is scummier imo. I’d be pretty okay with that vote if people are down

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Is there a downside to everyone flavour claiming? From what we’ve seen there isn’t much to infer from roles and I’m at least assuming most of us are one shot vig

I’m mostly curious if there are any other repeats

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

Is there a downside to everyone flavour claiming?
Well I mean apparently it's enough to get serious momentum towards being voted out

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

andy's been pushing his plan basically all game, it's been a huge conversation driver. basically, my thoughts up to him up to this point are either "andy is town but too blinded by his own glorious plan to deviate" or "andy is scum that knows something about the setup, which is why he's pushing this plan". that post I made was seeing how tied to it he still was, and his response has made me soften on him slightly; since he's posted since I started this post and has engaged in actual casemaking, I feel even more marginally better about him now. I don't think he's 100% town, but it takes a whole lot for me to be 100% on someone.

cheese sandwich posted:

Is there a downside to everyone flavour claiming? From what we’ve seen there isn’t much to infer from roles and I’m at least assuming most of us are one shot vig

I’m mostly curious if there are any other repeats

I don't mind flavor claiming if everyone else does.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Well I mean apparently it's enough to get serious momentum towards being voted out
I mean, the only momentum from that argument is me afaik although I do appreciate being considered serious momentum <3

I’m mostly trying to feel out whether that argument makes sense so maybe a little less passive aggression

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
That is one of the twistiest cases I have seen against me.

I will say I'm happy that some content has been generated besides setup speculation. :sun:

re: Andy's case
  • Andy knows from recent games that I have made correct reads based on meta-differences.
  • Lots of minor GOTCHA points, reminds me of Keane's scum-casing of me in The Good Place.
  • Blanket calling using meta or NK analysis scummy is easy and 2D reasoning. What matters is HOW I look at them.
Finally, I think it is BS that anyone can't imagine why I would not want to be killed here. I rolled the unluckiest role in this game, and not only are players are suspicious of me for it from the get-go (The Plan was developed before I ever saw what my role was), it is being used as a reason to blanket remove me from the game. You know, when my only useful contribution to the game with the role I have is to participate. Also, since I know I'm town, I know following the The Plan is a trap for more dead townies and chaos. Of course I am frustrated by it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

I mean, the only momentum from that argument is me afaik although I do appreciate being considered serious momentum <3

I’m mostly trying to feel out whether that argument makes sense so maybe a little less passive aggression
I was at -2 for a hot second there! That's momentum!

Epsilon Plus posted:

andy's been pushing his plan basically all game, it's been a huge conversation driver. basically, my thoughts up to him up to this point are either "andy is town but too blinded by his own glorious plan to deviate"
Directly quoting you asking if I still thought my plan was worthwhile, less than two hours ago:

CapnAndy posted:

No, sadly. Two possibilities:

1) Yuming and DC are the scum, in which case, we don't need the dang plan
2) They're not, in which case some townies can't shoot after all and the plan doesn't work

We could run a modified version on everyone else just to see if we could catch anyone lying about having a vig, but Steak's flip means at least one scum wouldn't have had to lie about that. I still don't think mafia should have one, as it'd be overpowered, but at this point this is a really low probability plan.

Will you people PLEASE actually read a word I've said before you call me scum for it

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am watermelon flavor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyiIGEHQP8o

spoonsy, you were just scum with Dead Cow in Sealab. How do you read her here?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Directly quoting you asking if I still thought my plan was worthwhile, less than two hours ago:

yeah, and your response has made me think you're less likely to be scum than town! I can bold stuff too!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

Finally, I think it is BS that anyone can't imagine why I would not want to be killed here.
I agree! That's why I said you claiming your flip would have no "information" -- your scare quotes, not mine -- that could help town was nonsense, not you not wanting to be killed.

Now please leave that poor man alone, I can't imagine what he's possibly done to you to make you attack him so vigorously, he's made of straw.

quote:

Also, since I know I'm town, I know following the The Plan is a trap for more dead townies and chaos. Of course I am frustrated by it.
Ah, you caught me, gg everybody! I truly am scum for not noticing that The Plan -- your scare caps, not mine -- wouldn't work if its fundamental assumptions

CapnAndy posted:

I had this thought too. Here's the thing, though: If [only town having dayvigs is] true, the game is winnable today.

So... we actually kinda need to figure out if we think it's true or not.

CapnAndy posted:

Retro Futurist posted:

I like it, but that's a pretty large sized if
I'm aware, yes.

CapnAndy posted:

If the scum aren't vigs and if we do exactly my plan, we win.

Big ifs, but the plan itself works.

CapnAndy posted:

Epsilon Plus posted:

also I'm not sure if I like Andy's plan - a lot of it hinges on having a setup where town is all/has all the dayvigs
Absolutely very true, and we shouldn't do it unless we're sure.

First things first: would anyone like to assert that they are town and do not have a dayvig?

CapnAndy posted:

If anyone sees any flaws in my logic now would be a REALLY EXCELLENT time to point them out.

oh god how did those get there

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

yeah, and your response has made me think you're less likely to be scum than town! I can bold stuff too!
Great! Go back and look at the part where I deviated from my own plan before you said "andy is town but too blinded by his own glorious plan to deviate"! Bold it if it'll help!

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

yuming posted:

I am watermelon flavor.

lol I would’ve thought that would be the most likely flavour to have a vig

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

okay, I see the issue; yes, I probably should have worded my post better, I should have said "my thoughts about him through this game" rather than "up to this point". like a lot of my posts in mafia games I'm posting while doing some other (typically work-related) stuff in the background. I typed that out while I was in a meeting and didn't give it a once-over to insure that my written text conveyed my actual intention. I fully acknowledge that you're no longer stumping for The Plan. I'll Paypal you seven dollars as an apology. Is this better now?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

okay, I see the issue; yes, I probably should have worded my post better, I should have said "my thoughts about him through this game" rather than "up to this point". like a lot of my posts in mafia games I'm posting while doing some other (typically work-related) stuff in the background. I typed that out while I was in a meeting and didn't give it a once-over to insure that my written text conveyed my actual intention. I fully acknowledge that you're no longer stumping for The Plan. I'll Paypal you seven dollars as an apology. Is this better now?
We're good :glomp:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

I am watermelon flavor.

Given that pretty much everyone else has claimed, I can't help but get the feeling that scum Cow would have come up with a full (true or not, but at least full) claim in this scenario.

I'm leaning Andy if he and Cow are the two choices on the day, but even if it's aimed at me (which I'd prefer if it weren't) I just want to see more gushing in this game.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm slammed with work stuff until ~5 CST (I'm tabbed out of a remote training happening in Terre Haute, IN that I'm supporting right now) but if Andy's scum and DC is town then I'm 100% wrong on my two strongest reads this game either way. I don't agree with him 100% (I don't want to see yuming as the vote today, but I do think yuming would be a great investigation target for the setup-based reasons he suspects her) but I see where he's coming from, and I've seen where he's coming from pretty much since all the vigs have been out on the table.

I'll be around pretty much from the end of work (or a little bit later depending on when I get some stuff submitted) until deadline, but if it looks like Andy's the vote I plan to gush DC. I was going to do it D1 and claiming an investigative role 100% bought DC another night

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm slammed with work stuff until ~5 CST (I'm tabbed out of a remote training happening in Terre Haute, IN that I'm supporting right now) but if Andy's scum and DC is town then I'm 100% wrong on my two strongest reads this game either way. I don't agree with him 100% (I don't want to see yuming as the vote today, but I do think yuming would be a great investigation target for the setup-based reasons he suspects her) but I see where he's coming from, and I've seen where he's coming from pretty much since all the vigs have been out on the table.

I'll be around pretty much from the end of work (or a little bit later depending on when I get some stuff submitted) until deadline, but if it looks like Andy's the vote I plan to gush DC. I was going to do it D1 and claiming an investigative role 100% bought DC another night

So DC proving the role didn't sway you at all? Unless she is scum with humalong he pretty much confirmed her as rolecop

If you think she's scummy though rolecop isn't particularly townie though, I agree

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

So DC proving the role didn't sway you at all? Unless she is scum with humalong he pretty much confirmed her as rolecop

If you think she's scummy though rolecop isn't particularly townie though, I agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_76RK_5bBs

Power of Pecota posted:

I still like the DC vote, rolecop doesn’t change the inconsistency I saw and it seems more useful to scum anyway. Like, besides godfather or framer what would really be a smoking gun? Meanwhile scum wants to know any power roles in the mix

That was D1, but the Humalong result is a pretty good example of exactly what I was talking about - if DC's a town rolecop, either Humalong's a Town JOAT or a scum JOAT (or if we didn't already have a flipped 3P in Steak, gently caress it, a 3P Survivor JOAT). It's useful only if Humalong claims a JOAT result before the result's public or something like that.

If DC's a scum rolecop, then scum know they can take out the other charges of JOAT ability if they NK Humalong. Way more useful.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

##gush Spoonsy

##vote CapnAndy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_76RK_5bBs

That was D1, but the Humalong result is a pretty good example of exactly what I was talking about - if DC's a town rolecop, either Humalong's a Town JOAT or a scum JOAT (or if we didn't already have a flipped 3P in Steak, gently caress it, a 3P Survivor JOAT). It's useful only if Humalong claims a JOAT result before the result's public or something like that.

If DC's a scum rolecop, then scum know they can take out the other charges of JOAT ability if they NK Humalong. Way more useful.

This is a good point...

##gush PoP

##vote CapnAndy

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
##vote CapnAndy

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

:redhammer:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##gush Hal Incandenza

I didn't want to flavorclaim for a reason suckers

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

What does that mean

Was that a failed scum rush

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

##unvote just in case

Otherwise I apologize for posting after hammer mr cena

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

##gush DC if I'm still alive

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I hosed up, it was still 5 votes/hammer regardless and we should all shut up

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Yeah I'm dead

see ya, dummies

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

There’s rules to this game people

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That was hammer - no more posting, folks!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

What a twist! Spoonsy was horrifically GUSHed here in the thread!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A horrific GUSH like noise is heard, as Hal performed Indescribable acts against who will now be a very traumatized Power of Pecota. Looks like he's gonna be alright though, just a little shaken up.

quote:

Spoonsy was GUSHED on Day Two!

You're an original BLUEBERRY GUSHER! Everyone remembers you!

You are a TOWN-ALIGNED DUAL ROLE! You win the game when all threats to the TOWN-ALIGNED Gushers have been eradicated!

You're a DOCTOR. At night, you may use the command ##DOCTOR (PLAYER). If you do, they will survive any killing blows that night.

You're a ONE SHOT DAY-VIGILANTE. In the thread, you may use the command ##GUSH (PLAYER) to attempt to kill another player! Radical!!

quote:

CapnAndy was DEVOURED for LUNCH on Day Two!

You are a very good APPLE-PUPPER GUSHER! Aw, look at your big head! You can't even walk.

You are a TOWN-ALIGNED DUAL ROLE! You win the game when all threats to the TOWN-ALIGNED Gushers have been eradicated!

You are a WATCHDOG! At night, you may use the command ##WATCH (PLAYER) to see everyone who visited that player during the night phase! This is a non-visiting role.

You're a ONE SHOT DAY-VIGILANTE. In the thread, you may use the command ##GUSH (PLAYER) to attempt to kill another player! Radical!!

It is now Night Two. You have until 3:00PM Eastern to get your Night Actions in.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Gushers all gather to the middle of the packet....and it looks like everyone is still here! It looks like nobody got gushed last night.

It is now Day Three.

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (7): cheese sandwich, Dead Cow, Epsilon Plus, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Power of Pecota, yuming

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 22nd, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.