Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Then we gotta fix it by gushing harder than we’ve ever fished before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

You know what I’m gonna leave it be. What tasty flavors do we have today?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I have a gusher to give away! Who wants it

Or I could use it I guess, but I’m feeling charitable. I am an apple gusher

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’ll take your gusher off your hands. What’s it used for? I’m banana

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

##gush sandnavyguy

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Oh dear.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Everyone learns this lesson eventually

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power of Pecota posted:

Bad news, GUSH is down today

should i be embarrassed that i thought this was actually the gusher's stock at first?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cheese sandwich posted:

##gush sandnavyguy

sandnavyguy HAS BEEN KILLED.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheese sandwich posted:

##gush sandnavyguy

wait, is this a real day action or a joke......?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

GUSH HAS BEEN KILLED.

what does this mean???

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

sandnavyguy HAS BEEN KILLED.

oh. no flip or anything...?

wow cheese, you couldnt even wait more than like 1 hour? thats rude. if you did that to be i'd be kinda peeved

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*to me

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly, i know its a predictable vote but come on. using a vig like that before it can even possibly be useful?

##vote cheese

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

How often is a vig ever useful?

Objectively the best play is to toss it out d1. My reads are poo poo when I’m town anyways, I don’t trust my gut enough and second guess

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheese sandwich posted:

Objectively the best play is to toss it out d1. My reads are poo poo when I’m town anyways, I don’t trust my gut enough and second guess

sure but day 1 doesn't mean IMMEDIATELY before his flip could even give us anything useful

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I’m bummed we didn’t get a flip though, I didn’t know that would happen

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats.... if we're even gonna get his flip at all

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

flip will be posted when the day ends.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool so all cheese accomplished was preventing sng from posting stuff that would make his flip useful. AND preventing a new player from actually playing mafia.

that was just loving rude, man

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tbh i was excited to play with sandnavyguy again, so im actually upset at that move

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

tbh i was excited to play with sandnavyguy again, so im actually upset at that move

This all sounds v fake

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

This all sounds v fake

its fake to be upset that an experienced player insta-vigged sng in this like 5th game ever? and yes sng is a cool up-and-coming player who i've played with shortly once (before dying). so this sucks

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

its fake to be upset that an experienced player insta-vigged sng in his like 5th game ever? and yes sng is a cool up-and-coming player who i've played with shortly once (before dying). so this sucks

edit

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also what would be the use of faking outrage at a dayvig anyway...? whether hes my scumbro or not. it's just objectively lovely to vig a new player 1 hour into day 1

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
drat, I saw 25 new messages and thought it would all be dumb D1 chat, and welp, this escalated quickly.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

This is some real bullshit. If your reads are bad, that still is no reason to kill someone basically at random an hour into the game, wtf

:wtc:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

also what would be the use of faking outrage at a dayvig anyway...? whether hes my scumbro or not. it's just objectively lovely to vig a new player 1 hour into day 1

He’s not that new cmon

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Mr. Steak posted:

me too :( he played a real good game last time!

Retro Futurist posted:

This all sounds v fake

mmm I don't think scum-steak would fake this, feels pretty legit imo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

its fake to be upset that an experienced player insta-vigged sng in this like 5th game ever? and yes sng is a cool up-and-coming player who i've played with shortly once (before dying). so this sucks

Yeah kinda. More making like a dozen posts about it.
Then again, steak gotta steak

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Then again, steak gotta steak

Wait that sounds mean. I just mean it plays to meta so I'm not making an alignment call about it yet

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I think killing someone that soon in the game and for that reason (I can’t do reads, durrr) is lovely regardless of how new or not new the player is.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Hello everyone, how's things

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Talk about premature gushing

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

cheese sandwich posted:

Disagree with the objectively the best call bigtime. Even then, why not play day 1 like you don't have it then if you don't like the consensus at the end of the day or if you're up on the block you can derail the consensus first vote? Throwing it out blindly doesn't really give any information.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Mr. Steak posted:

should i be embarrassed that i thought this was actually the gusher's stock at first?

Good news: General Mills stock is up

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Power of Pecota posted:

Disagree with the objectively the best call bigtime. Even then, why not play day 1 like you don't have it then if you don't like the consensus at the end of the day or if you're up on the block you can derail the consensus first vote? Throwing it out blindly doesn't really give any information.

yeah, it's fine to use it closer to the end of the day or once someone's really posting, but that just read as "has gun, wants to use it, blappo!" I think using it D2 to kill the second-place vote leader for D1 also makes sense, but not this.

not sure it's scummy though, just real dumb

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The worst part of the vig was that we're now going to have 5 pages of everyone theory-posting

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't know why the gently caress you'd lie about your literal flavor, but I'm an apple gusher, so doubly what the gently caress, cheese.

##vote cheese there can be only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

The worst part of the vig was that we're now going to have 5 pages of everyone theory-posting

IT’S TIME FOR SOME GAME THEORY.