Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I will play!

Scum are the blue gushers that turn your tongue blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Oh hi this game started :sun:

I will be back later to read what I missed!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Power of Pecota posted:

I think the only people who can realistically claim not to have a vig as town at this point are tpink and the three people who haven't really said anything yet (Dead Cow, Mr. Humalong, yuming). (Preview edit - hi yuming! When you catch up let us know if you have a dayvig too)
Hello!

When I made my last post I hadn’t signed into discord yet.

I am town but do NOT have a dayvig.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Okay I have read The Gushing.

I agree that cheese is scummy for his shot and defense. ##vote cheese

Nothing else stands out like WOW especially since things have happened so fast. Dead Cows wait until flips comment is a bit out of sync with the thread but not in an inherently scummy way imo.

As for the setup, because I am suspicious of cheese I think both scum and town could have vigkill. I have no evidence of protective roles however and without that this is WILD WILD WEST. I don’t see how it balances out but I’m not confident it is meant to.

:sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Power of Pecota posted:

From your perspective, either all scum have dayvigs or all scum are bluffing about having them. Which way are you leaning?
Because effectively everyone has claimed or soft claimed one? I would say they all have them actually. It doesn’t make sense to me to bluff about having a verifiable action you don’t have.

I am trying to puzzle out how I fit into this setup currently :iiam:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapnAndy posted:

...who are you agreeing with, exactly? That doesn't seem to be a prevailing opinion to me right now.

And why, in your opinion, are you literally the only townie without a vig?
I was agreeing with EP.

When cheese first set the gotcha I was on the fence about the play, but after he justified it more he has been come across differently from the last game I played with him. I also recently had a dayvig as scum and found it really hard to fake content around. Based on that experience, coming up with an early excuse to shoot is something I view as easier for scum. The other option is to save for a loooong time and try and win a day early but that means you have to survive til then.

Also, if all scum have daykill and know they do they can predict town must have something equally wacky OP so there is incentive to just fire your shots ASAP since they won’t hit scum.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Epsilon Plus posted:

anyways andy is also very clear that anyone who shoots cheese will immediately die because cheese is integral to ~the plan~ and I really don't like how that feels or sounds
And going from my all scum having vigkill POV they are incentivized to fire them off early and try to avoid getting shots themselves because doing so with enough chaos will win them the game.

The called retaliation shot if cheese is scum just balances his flip with another townie.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Which means I am suspicious of Andy for being so militant about his plan.

Most players I have a neutral which defaults to town read on for me atm.

Dead Cow, do you have a dayvig?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Retro Futurist posted:

Massacre and then play Mafia with whatever is left.

As far as killing goes I would like Andy and Yuming to be dead today; the former because he's been doing most of the planning and heavy lifting, and if he's town the plans can continue without him but if he's scum then I'd rather nip it in the bud, and the latter since she seems to be the only player claiming to not have a vig
Rude! Now that Dead Cow has claimed not to have one either what do you think?

I am just going to go ahead and claim that I am vanilla town. Which is apparently an odd role in this setup and I don’t see how it counter balances all the kills.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

tpink posted:

I’m really struggling with these posts because the idea of vanilla town with no vig seems pretty fundamentally inconsistent with most of the roles that people claimed or soft-claimed.
Yes, it’s weird. Unless I have some weird passive ability idgi either.

Like great if everyone kills each other and I’m alive town wins but why would people trust me?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Steak is dead tho

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
So the problem I have with Dead Cow as scum, is scum have the shared knowledge that there are at least two day kills as soon as they talk to each other. Once the day starts playing out scum know there are a shitton of day kills in play.

Being cagey when you have that knowledge to me is LESS likely than being cagey as town.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I like my read of cheese as scum trying to play ~silly town~ to get an early shot.

Dead Cow, there are just a few hours left before deadline. People have said they will come back to vote you. Make a vote or claim or idk pretty please.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Its silly to give players who claim vig a blanket pass.

From where I’m standing there are two scum vigs barring SNG flipping scum which is unlikely.

It’s kinda :sparkles: my role plays up voting being my power but I feel closer to a stump since p much everyone can just gush someone out.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Thanks cheese :sun:

I’m trying to see the utility of Dead Cows rolecop. It only really helps if I come up “vanilla town” otherwise everyone else coming back vig is just whatever. It’s not useful for scum either in this setup because again I’m operating under the assumption they start the game with two vigs on their team.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

cheese sandwich posted:

Why? I'm aware of the irony in me saying this since it's my fault but we probably couldn't have less indication as to his alignment
Just raw probability. It’s possible but less likely.

I got the lowest probability role of all this game it seems. And DC too if she is town

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Dead Cow posted:

Just wanted to quote this and say lol
Indeed.

I’m leaving open the possibility Dead Cow is scum, I don’t think she is, but fmpov I think scum have two vig for sure.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I think we are going to no lunch here.

I stand by my read that scum wanna pop off the vigkill with lol joke justification early in the day. To me cheeses tone and support of shooting chaos early in the day reads scummy. I’m also suspicious of Andy still for the plan.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

cheese sandwich posted:

I’m kind of :tinfoil:ing rn about what if JOHN CENA assumed scum would catch on to the vig setup early in the game and claim vig’s they probably didn’t have, and she is our cop cop.

In this scenario it would probably be to our benefit to keep her around because scum will have more incentive to kill her
I didn’t catch that everyone did right away, not until PoP pointed it out and I was like hmm. If you have a vig you’re more credulous of the idea I think.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I love those silly gifs.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
My vote is my power :qq:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapnAndy posted:

I expect to get NKed tonight so I have thought long and hard about my last words, and they are:

gushers are delicious
Why do you think you will be NK?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Fair enough. I can’t remember the last time I had gushers.

Gushers blizzard yes or no? I vote no if you keep the fruit snack but just the gush could be good.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yes from DQ. Tomorrow is national ice cream day so I have gotten different ice cream each day this weekend. Today was DQ!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Humalong posted:

you know they would just throw the gushers on top and call it a day
But then they would fall when they flip it over and you’d get free blizzard

Gushers funfetti cake.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Humalong posted:

I am a portly fellow who has enjoyed a few too many Reese's Blizzards with mint added in over the past 2-3 years since I moved closer to a DQ
I like Oreo blizzards! Tomorrow I’m gonna get a bunch of ice cream scoops like peach cobbler!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning. Nice shot Hum. Not the kill I was expecting.

Any news Dead Cow?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
tpink also has a role besides vig and didn’t claim.

I don’t think not speaking against Andy’s plan is damning since Hum had a vigkill. The important part was thinking all town had one which from most players POV made sense. Feeling a bit more suspicious of Dead Cow since she seems itching for a “gotcha.”

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
*had :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hey don’t lump me in just because I don’t have a vigkill.

It’s actually p frustrating because everyone else can at least shoot someone if they have a strong suspicion. We didn’t even vote anyone out yesterday but at least consider my play and motivation instead of wanting to blanket kill me for “information.” Which spoilers isn’t going to help town.

I have cooled a bit on cheese I want to reread once before I drop a vote.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Good morning :sun:

I am finishing up rereading.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
In a 13 player game with a SK is 2 or 3 scum more likely? Hmm.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Retro Futurist posted:

I got some theories now and I want to see a gushed player flip. We should kill either cheese or humalong today, but just one
I am less sold on cheese being scum after EOD yesterday. Particularly the "I did RNG but thought against it" doesn't feel like scum-planning.

re: Opop as the NK. I think Opop got killed either (1) at random ~WIFOM~ or (2) because of his mod/wacky setup experience.

For option 2, I think someone like Andy would be motivated to kill Opop.

PS National Ice Cream Day update: I got all three special flavors from our local shop and so far they are delicious! Haven't tried peach yet.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yea I go by the 25% rule but I am have modded like two games so I always second guess how many I think there might be.

In this case I think we consider two but leave 3 as a possibility? 3 with SK is a lot of death.

But if there's only two and DC is one scum did NOT know about the crazy setup which makes Dead Cow look potentially worse in that scenario.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Humalong posted:

No, beyond that you’re (probably) scum.
I was just going to vote here.

##vote CapnAndy

Because of his treatment of me. He is just blanket calling me scum for my role with no analysis of my play.

He wants to run his plan because it will net scum a win.

He talks town into killing the non-vigs, next scum shoot off their kills first and town has little chance of victory.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
re: Dead Cow I'm still on the fence about.

She doesn't fit well with Andy being scum. I can see it more for the "gotcha" on Hum and if there are only two scum but I'm not sold.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapnAndy posted:

Also with all these flips, it is suspicious as hell that yuming and DC don't have dayvigs. Everyone clearly has one! What makes these two specific people different than everyone else, in a game where we've already seen a SK flip? (Hint: They're the scum, it's them)

##vote DC but yuming's fine too, or we could just shoot 'em and see if the game ends
Case in point this is some flat rear end reasoning here.

9 players. 7 town 2 scum: kill me, kill Dead Cow both town flips = 5 town 2 scum / NK = 2 scum 4 town scum both shoot at daystart and win?

9 players 6 town 3 scum: kill me kill Dead Cow both town flips = 4 town 3 scum / NK = scum win (?) they need to shoot a town first possibly
There are some setup caveats of scum needing to be around at daystart so town don't kill them first but Cena has given pretty exact times so coordination will be possible for scum. If they're available.

So my question: Andy, besides my role, why am I scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also of note, Andy has not initiated his plan. He could start it off by shooting Dead Cow already.

However, as scum Andy would have motivation to try and convince town to do the kill and since there is ample suspicion he waits.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapnAndy posted:

Look, I was gonna respond to your other post with a detailed case of why you're the scum, but at this point it honestly seems like you'd prefer to just get shot?
What makes you say this?

(This is a super scummy thing to say.)

Andy is operating from a 100% yuming is scum perspective but he hasn't laid out the reasoning. That kind of flat POV is scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am going for a run now. If Andy shoots me remember my case and STAY TUNED for my exciting vanilla town flip.