Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Hi, I’ll be 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Let’s get gushing, fellas.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
drat, I saw 25 new messages and thought it would all be dumb D1 chat, and welp, this escalated quickly.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

How often is a vig ever useful?

Objectively the best play is to toss it out d1. My reads are poo poo when I’m town anyways, I don’t trust my gut enough and second guess

This is some real bullshit. If your reads are bad, that still is no reason to kill someone basically at random an hour into the game, wtf

:wtc:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I think killing someone that soon in the game and for that reason (I can’t do reads, durrr) is lovely regardless of how new or not new the player is.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

The worst part of the vig was that we're now going to have 5 pages of everyone theory-posting

IT’S TIME FOR SOME GAME THEORY.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

B) I had a gut feeling I wouldn’t be the only apple gusher when I got that and there would be other gushers

???

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

That’s the point it was a laugh

I still laughed btw

You’re a dick, dude.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
If you are town, day-vigging someone with zero reads and basically at random doesn’t strike me as a super pro-town move, but that’s just me.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

Lol @ anyone that thinks

A) scum would have a dayvig to just throw away d1

B) scum would have any motivation to do that

Ok, how did your move help town then?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Steak posted:

ok, i dont want this discussion to absolutely clog the thread, so i've made a decision. this is important, so please pay attention.

i have a 1-shot dayvig just like cheese did. i WILL shoot him before the day ends (unless a 3rd vig kills me first). maybe, MAYBE he'll end up posting more townie by then, and i'll let you know if that's the case. but until further notice, consider cheese a guaranteed flip at end of day.

as such, ##unvote lets focus on other people cuz at this rate even if he's scum this'll be a low-info day if we turbo

Now we’re talking, phew.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote tpink - this sounds like the reaction of someone who doesn't have a dayvig to me~

Steak, I would highly advise against shooting cheese sandwich today - I really don't see the scum angle to burning a dayvig like that.

That was in response to Steak committing to shoot cheese sandwich, silly.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Power of Pecota posted:

I get it, but if you have a dayvig and you see that cheese sandwich and Steak have them too, why is that your reaction? As soon as cheese used his, my thought was "there's got to be a bunch of these floating around" since I have one too, hence my question to Andy.

You're again misinterpreting my post, even after I clarified it - my reaction wasn't "oh wow, Steak has a dayvig too," it was "oh, Steak said he's committed to shooting cheese." I don't know why that's so unclear to you.

Power of Pecota posted:

I don't agree with cheese's move, but I don't see how shooting a random person who you know won't flip as scum out of the gate is the play as scum. Getting excited seeing town turning on each other for poorly used dayvigs? Now that's scum paper.

Ummmm how do you (or cheese for that matter) know that sandnavyguy won't flip as scum?

:thunk:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
No, I haven't really made up my mind if he's scum, which is why I'm not voting for him yet. On one hand, shooting someone at random an hour into the game is definitely not pro-town play - if you're town, you're still more likely to hit other town statistically speaking, and I don't see how that's helpful obviously. On the other hand, it would be a hilariously dumb opening move for scum to take because there's a really good chance he's going to get voted out or taken out by a vig. All things being equal, though, I don't mind him being taken out of the game if this is the kind of pro-town playing he's going to be doing. :shrug:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

Is this your pro town suggestion?

Yeah.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

##gush sandnavyguy

Maybe reading tea leaves too much, but sounds from sandnavyguy’s reaction like he knew what that gush action would do?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hal Incandenza posted:

If all these vigs are 100% guaranteed to work (which is crazy) I sorta agree with the Andy idea, but I think only town having vigs seems sorta broken so that's a pretty big leap

I dunno, scum having day vigs in addition to night kills seems sort of broken too?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Epsilon Plus posted:

If SNG had the exact same action he'd definitely know, although it would be hilarious if we all had gushing abilities but they weren't all kills

That’s what I am getting at - I read his response as knowing what was coming, meaning I think he had the same action, so whichever way he flips, it’ll be informative of whether just town has dayvigs or scum too.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I’m town and have a vig.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Dead Cow posted:

I like the everyone shoot everyone idea

That’s bad.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

The bright side is I just got rid of a scum team member

How do you figure.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This is the wildest D1 I ever played.

:kiddo:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Humalong posted:

Nice distancing attempt.

Yeah asking for the basis for your opinion is real suss.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapnAndy posted:

11 alive, 1 voted out tonight, so maximum 10 alive tomorrow, which means that if the scum has dayvigs too, tomorrow is LYLO -- max 9 alive D3 and the scum would just shoot three times, bringing the total down to 6 and controlling the vote, which means we'd have to start shooting then.

I kinda feel that Plan Let's All Shoot Each Other may be the best strategy. Let's be real, is anyone getting any sort of proper reads here?

This is actually a good case for why scum likely don’t have dayvigs.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Power of Pecota posted:

Andy, I see where you're coming from and don't see any problems assuming the town has vigs, scum doesn't scenario.

I'd like to see tpink gush someone if we follow that plan - I really can't shake that the reaction immediately after Steak's claim doesn't sound like someone who had a dayvig and just saw another used and a third one claimed.

I’ll gush you if it puts your fears to rest, friend :3:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I’m kidding because I don’t actually think he’s scum.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

CapnAndy posted:

What if we no-voted today and just saw some flips? Two deaths is quite enough unless we're doing any of the shooting plans.

I’m ok with this plan too. I’m worried that with all the vigs plus votes, which tend to not have a great track record of hitting scum on day one, we are going to lose a lot of town very quickly.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

yuming posted:

Hello!

When I made my last post I hadn’t signed into discord yet.

I am town but do NOT have a dayvig.

Dead Cow posted:

I do not have a dayvig

yuming posted:

I am just going to go ahead and claim that I am vanilla town. Which is apparently an odd role in this setup and I don’t see how it counter balances all the kills.

I’m really struggling with these posts because the idea of vanilla town with no vig seems pretty fundamentally inconsistent with most of the roles that people claimed or soft-claimed.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

cheese sandwich posted:

##gush sandnavyguy

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, is this a real day action or a joke......?

Mr. Steak posted:

ok, i dont want this discussion to absolutely clog the thread, so i've made a decision. this is important, so please pay attention.

i have a 1-shot dayvig just like cheese did. i WILL shoot him before the day ends (unless a 3rd vig kills me first). maybe, MAYBE he'll end up posting more townie by then, and i'll let you know if that's the case. but until further notice, consider cheese a guaranteed flip at end of day.

Hey Steak, can you explain why you say that you have the same dayvig as cheese but seemed confused by what it does when cheese did it?

New theory: cheese scum, steak scum also, and is trying to protect his scumbro by promising to shoot him before the end of the day which for some reason will end up not happening.

##vote Steak for now because I’m really having trouble reconciling his posts about having a day vig and his reaction to cheese using his.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
lmao sorry I just realized I somehow skipped over an entire page of posts, phew.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I’m going to reread Dead Cow’s posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Dead Cow posted:

I like the everyone shoot everyone idea

Dead Cow posted:

I didn’t mean we should no lunch, I meant that we shouldn’t just go shooting everyone all at once. I think we should see the flip, and what if sng was scum?

??