Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Sure, what the heck. I'll be a Gush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't know why the gently caress you'd lie about your literal flavor, but I'm an apple gusher, so doubly what the gently caress, cheese.

##vote cheese there can be only one

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Do you have the same day action available?
Why would I possibly answer yes or no to that

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok, so we’re all just vigs right? I vote we just do a shoot out and end the game today one way or another :getin:
...that's why people don't flip alignment in the daytime, isn't it. Yeah, I think we really all are.

##unvote

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

*banging on the table*

SHOOT! OUT! SHOOT! OUT! SHOOT! OUT!
It'd be stupidity verging on nihilism

we'd be legends

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

If anyone wants to go on record that they don't have a dayvig as town I'll reconsider where I'm coming from, but setup-wise town dayvigs are mildly pro-scum (odds are higher they're hitting town by the numbers) and scum dayvigs are incredibly pro-scum (you can just straight-up skip LYLO/MYLO if you get there). I'm thinking town has them and scum doesn't - even if we figure out that's the gimmick pretty early on, it turns into who's bluffing about having a dayvig.
I had this thought too. Here's the thing, though: If it's true, the game is winnable today.

- Three more people shoot three other people, at random. It doesn't matter. What matters is that now we have four confirmed town and five unconfirmed. Worst case: 3 scum and 2 dayvigs remaining.

- Again picking at random, someone in the unconfirmed group has to shoot someone else. If they cannot do so, they're scum and one of our remaining dayvigs shoots them. Worst case is that they can, and the random target was the other townie, so: 8 alive, 3 unconfirmed.

- If that worst case comes up, we'll know when none of the remaining unconfirmeds can shoot each other, and oh look, there's all the scum. We vote one out each day.

So... we actually kinda need to figure out if we think it's true or not.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

I like it, but that's a pretty large sized if
I'm aware, yes.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

more seriously tho, this many vig's, even if we're all town, means the scum could also easy win today too
If the scum aren't vigs and if we do exactly my plan, we win.

Big ifs, but the plan itself works.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

also I'm not sure if I like Andy's plan - a lot of it hinges on having a setup where town is all/has all the dayvigs, and that seems like it would really gently caress up balance unless there's either a lot of scum, or if some of the scum are vig-proof in some way. Even one scum with a dayvig would make things incredibly murky based on the assumptions so far.
Absolutely very true, and we shouldn't do it unless we're sure.

First things first: would anyone like to assert that they are town and do not have a dayvig?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Well on the bright side, if we do my plan, now we only need two more people to do it?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

11 alive, 1 voted out tonight, so maximum 10 alive tomorrow, which means that if the scum has dayvigs too, tomorrow is LYLO -- max 9 alive D3 and the scum would just shoot three times, bringing the total down to 6 and controlling the vote, which means we'd have to start shooting then.

I kinda feel that Plan Let's All Shoot Each Other may be the best strategy. Let's be real, is anyone getting any sort of proper reads here?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Spoonsy posted:

Nope. No real reads to speak of. I guess I could gush cheese? Not positive. Honestly might rng it
The one thing anyone can absolutely not do is shoot someone who's already used their shot. It blows the whole thing up.

That said -- and I swear to God if anyone draws on cheese or Humalong, I will Gush you right in the goddamn face --

If only town have dayvigs: We use my plan and we win
If everyone has dayvigs: We've basically got to start shooting people and just pray we hit the right ones

If anyone sees any flaws in my logic now would be a REALLY EXCELLENT time to point them out.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

maybe a better way of putting it is: presuming your plan is correct and we shouldn't shoot cheese, what will you say to convince steak?
I mean, even if he was alive, I feel like I've said it?

Anyone who shoots cheese or Humalong is going to die at my hands before the barrel of their Gusher pack has had time to cool.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

I agree that cheese is scummy for his shot and defense
...who are you agreeing with, exactly? That doesn't seem to be a prevailing opinion to me right now.

And why, in your opinion, are you literally the only townie without a vig?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

anyways andy is also very clear that anyone who shoots cheese will immediately die because cheese is integral to ~the plan~ and I really don't like how that feels or sounds
Or Humalong!

The plan requires people who've proved they're vigs to be left alive under the working assumption that only town has vigs. If you or anyone else don't get it I will be happy to explain it, because it's actually sort of important that I'm not the only person who understands what I'm talking about when at any moment I can get shot down?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

just to clarify, this is still the plan and I'm not missing any important addendums, right?

because this hinges entirely on town having all the vigs and scum having none of them.
Yes! It does!

quote:

you're assuming that any town who has a dayvig is going to claim it,
This seems implausible why? How many people have not claimed a dayvig? No, seriously, I'm not keeping count, but it seems like a lot of people already have.

quote:

but not only is it possible for town to not have a dayvig (and look, yuming says they don't have a dayvig),
...she's the only one so far, unless you're claiming that too...

quote:

I think you're glossing over the idea that any town who doesn't have a dayvig may not want to out themselves as not having a dayvig because they have Some Other Role. likewise, town who have Some Other Role may want to claim to have a dayvig so that scum don't go after them in the night hoping to nail a town power role.
Dude. SO MANY PEOPLE have at least softclaimed they have a vig. I don't know why you think a thing that's already happened is unlikely.

Scum can't kill us all N1.

quote:

I think you're pushing for town to rack up a really impressive bodycount D1 in the hopes that your plan works out, but if there's any complicating wrinkle to it things are going to get somewhere between Bad and Awful come D2. if you think there's some pertinent point from your plan I'm missing I'd like to hear it, but unless the scum team has an unprecedented triple nightkill or something the risk/reward ratio feels way off
I mean... that's why I haven't done it yet, and why I've pushed real hard to see if everyone will buy into the plan or if we don't want to risk it? Because I've never been anything but upfront with the possibility that if the operating assumption that "all town have dayvigs" is wrong, the plan is hosed beyond repair.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Also deadline is tonight now, so we need to decide if we're doing Plan Careful Killing or Plan Massacre or Plan Let's Actually Try To Play Mafia.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

What if we no-voted today and just saw some flips? Two deaths is quite enough unless we're doing any of the shooting plans.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

(Also goddamn, I missed SA mafia)
You certainly haven’t forgotten how to play!

##vote DC because everything PoP has said is true and DC’s bloodthirst while being silent as “vanilla town” while I pushed a plan based on all town having a big and begged anyone who could see a problem with it to speak up is damning.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Dead Cow posted:

I never said I was Vanilla town
Fine, not being a vig then. That doesn’t change a dang thing.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hrm why dither about that claim earlier, never a good sign

Trying to suss out if a rolecop makes much sense here, I guess it does. Why not rolecop/dayvig though?
It’s verifiable but it’s also an ability with higher utility to the scum than town.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DC and yuming are both suspicious but there’s been enough death today. Let’s let the clock run out.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I expect to get NKed tonight so I have thought long and hard about my last words, and they are:

gushers are delicious

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

Why do you think you will be NK?
Because I'm so smart and good at this game

and mostly because I wanted to make a "last words" joke

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Like... from Dairy Queen? That'd be awful

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Fruit flavors wouldn't work in Blizzards in general, and definitely not already really sweet stuff like gushers.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

When it comes to Blizzards you can go nuts if one of the monthly variations sounds good but I don't think anything ever really tops basic M&Ms.

The M&Ms being blended even leaves fun colored streaks in the ice cream!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Blizzard Mafia when

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Society's crumbling, the plague is running rampant, and now we have our very own Gestapo that nobody's gonna do anything about except a few sternly worded letters

anyone who wants to shame someone for eating a bit of ice cream is cordially invited to rip their own dicks off and gently caress themselves

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm also a dog, I'm a dog that got turned into an apple because Gushers commercials are a nightmare. Maybe cheese is a kid that turned into an apple or just an apple? I know for a fact I am apple flavored!

Also with all these flips, it is suspicious as hell that yuming and DC don't have dayvigs. Everyone clearly has one! What makes these two specific people different than everyone else, in a game where we've already seen a SK flip? (Hint: They're the scum, it's them)

##vote DC but yuming's fine too, or we could just shoot 'em and see if the game ends

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

cheese sandwich posted:

The examples used in my role pm were macintosh and Granny Smith

So this would make you not a gusher correct
I am an apple and a dog and a gusher. Look, I didn't write the flavor or the commercials. I don't know what to tell you.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

My posts this game have been remarkably short by my standards!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Anyone not chimed in yet? Anyone want to gush?
I'm thinking about it. Why, you got something interesting?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Epsilon Plus posted:

I haven't really had time to think about the game overly much today. Andy, do you think your plan is still worthwhile?
No, sadly. Two possibilities:

1) Yuming and DC are the scum, in which case, we don't need the dang plan
2) They're not, in which case some townies can't shoot after all and the plan doesn't work

We could run a modified version on everyone else just to see if we could catch anyone lying about having a vig, but Steak's flip means at least one scum wouldn't have had to lie about that. I still don't think mafia should have one, as it'd be overpowered, but at this point this is a really low probability plan.

yuming posted:

Also of note, Andy has not initiated his plan. He could start it off by shooting Dead Cow already.

However, as scum Andy would have motivation to try and convince town to do the kill and since there is ample suspicion he waits.
Andy has not initiated his plan because it requires cooperation and he wouldn't have done it if it wasn't the will of the town, but yeah, how dare I get the flavor I got and also try to reason things out and convince the town a certain path of action is correct in a game of mafia, I'm the scum here.

Look, I was gonna respond to your other post with a detailed case of why you're the scum, but at this point it honestly seems like you'd prefer to just get shot?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Seriously, let me know, effortposts take effort and shooting is real easy

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

What makes you say this?

(This is a super scummy thing to say.)

Andy is operating from a 100% yuming is scum perspective but he hasn't laid out the reasoning. That kind of flat POV is scummy.
Because you're the one complaining that I haven't done my plan yet, which involved shooting people and reacting to anyone being unable to shoot with an immediate execution, as though careful consideration of possible negative consequences and wanting the consent of the town are scummy. The plan says you die and you're goading me for not doing it yet.

(This is a super scummy thing to say.)

Yuming is operating from a 100% Andy is scum perspective but she hasn't even bothered to read the plan I put forth, or likely any of my posts. That sort of indifference is scummy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm not going anywhere. Yuming, whenever you get back, tell me if you want to be cased or shot, it's totally your call. I'm a helper.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

I already said make a case, geez!
You also said I'm scum if I don't do the plan, and the plan says you die, which is why I'm asking you to make up your mind!

Once again I ask that if you're gonna call me scum you at least do me the bare minimum of bothering to read my posts first.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

I think Andy's tone here is different from frustrated-Town-Andy I have seen in previous games.
Yeah. This one's got a gun. If it comes down to it, I don't have to convince anyone of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

yuming posted:

When cheese first set the gotcha I was on the fence about the play, but after he justified it more he has been come across differently from the last game I played with him.
This is justifying voting cheese, but what does this even mean? It's barely in English. I think if you translate it, it comes to "well cheese played differently in another game", which is a bad argument. It's also one she'll come back to again with me; almost as though yuming can't make any actual cases based on gameplay because she knows who the scum is, so she's just throwing up meta smokeclouds in the hopes that nobody notices.

yuming posted:

So the problem I have with Dead Cow as scum, is scum have the shared knowledge that there are at least two day kills as soon as they talk to each other. Once the day starts playing out scum know there are a shitton of day kills in play.

Being cagey when you have that knowledge to me is LESS likely than being cagey as town.
"Scum, who inherently have more knowledge than the town, are well known for being open about that knowledge and telling the town everything they know." This is an actual argument yuming is trying to make in what she'd have us believe is good faith.

yuming posted:

Its silly to give players who claim vig a blanket pass.

From where I’m standing there are two scum vigs barring SNG flipping scum which is unlikely.

It’s kinda :sparkles: my role plays up voting being my power but I feel closer to a stump since p much everyone can just gush someone out.
So, this is still on Day 1. With that in mind, let me re-quote the important bit.

yuming posted:

there are two scum vigs
How do you possibly know how many scum there are, yuming? Especially on Day One? Especially with multiple deaths but no flips yet? Where, oh where, could you have gotten that information?

yuming posted:

Hey don’t lump me in just because I don’t have a vigkill.

It’s actually p frustrating because everyone else can at least shoot someone if they have a strong suspicion. We didn’t even vote anyone out yesterday but at least consider my play and motivation instead of wanting to blanket kill me for “information.” Which spoilers isn’t going to help town.

I have cooled a bit on cheese I want to reread once before I drop a vote.
This is nonsense and she should know it. If yuming is telling the truth, her flip will give the town the information (why the scare quotes?) that not all town have dayvigs. How could that possibly not help? I'd argue it's crucial information!

yuming posted:

In a 13 player game with a SK is 2 or 3 scum more likely? Hmm.
Hmmm indeed, I wonder why you're suddenly unsure of how many scum there are now that people are focusing on you

yuming posted:

I am less sold on cheese being scum after EOD yesterday. Particularly the "I did RNG but thought against it" doesn't feel like scum-planning.

re: Opop as the NK. I think Opop got killed either (1) at random ~WIFOM~ or (2) because of his mod/wacky setup experience.

For option 2, I think someone like Andy would be motivated to kill Opop.

PS National Ice Cream Day update: I got all three special flavors from our local shop and so far they are delicious! Haven't tried peach yet.
I just love this "case". Someone "like me" -- no word on what that means -- would be "motivated" to kill Opop because... no reason given. Just because! Accept her word!

P.S. Speculating about NK motives is worthless and asking people to do it is a major scumtell
P.P.S. I'd have killed Spoonsy, always NK Spoonsy

yuming posted:

I was just going to vote here.

##vote CapnAndy

Because of his treatment of me. He is just blanket calling me scum for my role with no analysis of my play.

He wants to run his plan because it will net scum a win.

He talks town into killing the non-vigs, next scum shoot off their kills first and town has little chance of victory.
I just want to point out that yuming flat out admits this is an OMGUS -- "because of his treatment of me" -- but she'll go on to act like it's a real case.

The end, ##vote yuming

I know you guys hate reading anything longer than a bumper sticker but please try anyway before you all vote me out for the unimpeachable reasoning of "has tried" and "is a flavor of gushers someone else also is"?