Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

SamBishop posted:

That seems to be the key to pulling a season out of a rut: just bring in a chill surf dude.

Guy is the all-time Terrace House MVP, slightly edging out even Seina. The Aloha State season was very watchable and enjoyable from the moment he arrived until the moment he left, and absolute trash at all other points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Anyway, I’ve been watching through the new season at a leisurely pace and just arrived at the episode where the girl who ends up killing herself comes in. She seems really charming; it’s very sad.

2020 was really a cursed season, between the suicide, Tokui having to leave the panel in disgrace because of his tax evasion, and having to shut down production because of Corona.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don't know why they chose to start two seasons in a row with an absolutely clueless baby boy who nobody likes in the cast (talking about Yuudai in OND and Ruka in 2020). They're dead on arrival as romantic interests, which contributes to house-wide stagnation on that front, and while they do generate some drama, it's not compelling, it's just annoying.

I do think there's a good chance Ruka was playing up his own weirdness to some extent (either on his own or at the producers' behest) just for screen time, but even so it was a tiresome, flimsy gimmick. (I know, turn on my monitor, etc.)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

R.L. Stine posted:

that's hosed up lol. I wonder if the meat incident was real

Han-san 4 life

My theory is that the Meat Crime was real and happened organically, and that the producers have been pulling strings trying to re-capture the magic of that moment ever since.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The edit they gave ukulele virgin guy from Aloha State was one of the cruelest, funniest things I've ever seen.