Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

key to mastering your life.

Gravity is the enemy. Literally everything about your life short of malnutrition can be improved by maximizing your muscle and minimizing your fat. I should know, three years ago I weighed 240lbs. Now I weigh 150lbs and I'm strong and powerful, but without the burden of a heavy body. Do you wake out of bed and want to die? Did you ruin your body in your 20s? A lot of that feeling might be because of the gravity of your physical situation.

The main thing about being human is "you are what you eat" and that's very literal. You are what you eat.

How do you fix your body? Folks, it's beans.

Replace all your lunches with the beans you made on the weekend. People call it meal prep, but earlier people called it "making food for the week".

Invest in one of these:

The $60 you invest in a pressure cooker will pay itself back tenfold. Get a good pressure cooker, use it, and buy some decent food storage containers, at least 7 of them for the week. Glass, plastic, snap tops, pyrex, whatever the gently caress.

Here's simple instructions on how to make beans in a pressure cooker:

---

1lb dry beans
3 onions, chopped up however you like, it won't matter in the end. The onions are the gravy
like 10 cloves of garlic
whatever amount of salt seems reasonable to you
1 14oz (regular can) equivalent can of Vegetable Stock, Chicken Stock, whatever
1 bay leaf

60 minutes high pressure.

After it's cooked, add diced tomato cans or curry powder or whatever you're trying to do with it. You should have thought of a plan before this point you dumb bitch. After the beans are done, add more stuff and just put the cover on and cook an hour more. Vegetables to fit the theme, I would suggest.

---

Cook them the entire hour, and that's your lunch for the week. From there, walk or jog or run or just get out in the sun for a couple hours every day.

---

Realistically within the above schema you will add peppers at the end, you will add spinach, you will add ham hocks at the beginning if you're a gentile. Use common sense. You can make at least 5 different cuisines - mexican, indian, cajun, french, US midwest, and you'll never get bored if you cycle through it.

Paprika, garam masala, cumin, whatever make sense for what you're going for. Experiment, the beans will soak it up.

A lot of people give bad advice about these pressure cookers. "Beans in 30 minutes" that's a loving lie. If you like your beans gritty and awful, maybe.

---

Stop drinking on week days, drink sparkling water instead.

I hope that you too can enjoy beans, because they have changed my life.

THS has issued a correction as of 08:39 on Jul 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Dreylad posted:

because I always forget to soak my beans I do 1 minute quick release to simulate a soak and then cook my beans for 8 minutes before putting them on the stovetop for a chili or something, but I'm guessing you haven't found the need for that if you're pressure cooking them for 60 mins?

I think it's very useful to soak your beans for a few to 20 minutes and then rinse them, but ultimately with a pressure cooker it doesn't really matter. With an actual pressure cooker you're just washing off pesticide residue until you nuke it under high pressure.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59aXNmdUIPw

THS
Sep 15, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijk4j-r7qPA

THS
Sep 15, 2017

being straight is your 1st problem

THS
Sep 15, 2017

anyway the farting is because your gut bacteria are actually doing some work. most people live on a diet of processed corn slurry that goes straight through them. the more beans you eat over time, the less you will fart, and you will be strong, lithe, and have a good complexion, shiny hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

epazote is great, highly regarded Bean Herb