Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Just chiming in to say that this looks really good and your writing is great. I haven't got time to properly vote for now, but will be following this crew with interest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

B)

Also, at first opportunity, we flashback to having one of the crew sabotaging the blunderbuss (or should I say Big Ernest?)

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

That makes perfect sense :)

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

B
F

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

E)
C)
Of course the good doctor expected the unexpected! A sea cult will probably drown its victims, so the doctor (or a friend?) performed an... operation om him beforehand, endowing him with (hopefully) working gills! If this works out, I imagine the doctor might convince a cultist or two that he is the chosen one, once he arises undrowned. This might, of course, lead to more trouble down the road...

Also: We need to start thinking about a name for our crew.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

grobbo posted:

This is insane, fully in character, and I love it. But it's potentially a bit of a gamechanger beyond this score, so just to set the outcomes and rewards / risks:

- I think it's fair to say that this path, if we want to go down it, will cost 1 Coin as well as D6 stress (rather than the usual 2) for Kincain to have hired someone to perform some serious and speedy backdoor fleshcrafting on him.

- A success will give Kincain a deeply unsightly, but working, permanent pair of gills. He'll wear a lot of scarves in future.
- A mixed success will give Kincain working gills - but a moderate harm from the stitched-up and very recent wounds in his neck, which will impact his ability to carry out physical or athletic actions. If things get really bad, he then may need to roll to prevent the wound from getting worse (for instance, haemorrhaging).
- Failure will give Kincain the moderate harm, and some hideous and completely useless gill-scars, as he'll discover when he is sacrificed...

Yes, these are fair and good rulings. To the deep (and beyond?)!

E: Lockpicks were my first idea too, but then I thought that the doctor might have had a... stranger (not necessarily better) plan.

As for crew names, I'm proposing Fair Winds Trading Company (Import/Export, Goods and Services), but if anyone else has another idea, they should post that as well.

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 24, 2020

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

It saddens me to see her go, but such can be the price of failure. C.

drat, poor Tongues. Still, I'm having a blast, reading about our crew's misfortune!

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Can you please give us a summary on our crew's stress and harm? Also, I can't see the possible new crew members, were they edited out? Any way, my vote in general is for stress reduction and healing, this was a tough one. We should definitely consider giving our guys some cash in order to restore their faith in us.

P.S. Really enjoying our adventures, great job, grobbo!

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Strangford: Indulge Vice, Rest
Kincain: Devil's bargain: use the cult to try and locate and retrieve Tongues from the Deep. Rest. (Or Rest, Rest if that's not possible)
Kobb: Gather Info on weapons shipment, Train

Coin for all crew.
Don't hire anyone else, let's hold out hope for Tongues' safe return. (Otherwise, I'd definitely say in a city ruled by the dead a Whisper is essential and we should put in the extra cash for one.)
Increase crew XP
Train Kincain

5 coin spent in total.

This is good, I vote for these choices.

grobbo posted:

The possible crew members should still be visible here but you'll have to scroll past the first couple of paragraphs - let me know if that's not working for you! Anyway, you have Booker the stoic Hound, Wetpants the obnoxious kid, Charlie the anti-social Lurk, and Quintilia the mannered Slide to choose from.

I still can't see the possible crew members. I saw them before we chose the current crew, but haven't been able to see them since...
Nevermind, I'm a moron who can't see good. Thanks, WhiskeyWhiskers!

grobbo posted:

Yeah, we can definitely do that!

I think as a consequence I'd just start a long-term timer - 'The Archimandrite's Suspicions'. Understandably, he'll be trying to gather information and dissent against Kincain in an attempt to discredit his cult's unlikely new prophet. If you use the cult in a way that's harmful to it or its goals (deliberately or inadvertently), we'll add to the timer. If the timer runs out, you'll lose the cult as an asset.

Great idea! Another great idea would be to eventually purge the cult of those of little faith (I'm looking at you, Archimandrite) and install our own prophet! What? What could possibly go wrong?

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 26, 2020

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

I am really not feeling a shootout with the Red Company. I think we should flashback to hijacking the Company's laundry cart, disguise us as extra security and have Kobb command the other guards into the front of the exhibition while we guard the back (and steal the most valuable artwork). I guess this would be B?

Should the opportunity eventually arrive to overpower the curator in a quiet place, I'm sure the good doctor could fashion a grand disguise for himself using nothing but a very sharp scalpel and some staples :ese:

Edit: Curator-Doctor would probably have an easy time slipping the PCP into the punchbowl...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

When you think about it, we're only giving the public what they want...