Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pipe
Good boy(?)
Better boy(?)
Best boy(?)
View Results

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

If I don't see Pipe next episode I swear to GOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hah, guess we all forgot we're playing on Planet With pacing rules. Destroying the factory wasn't the climax, just a way to reveal the truth to Natsume.

DangerousSpoon
Feb 28, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Hah, guess we all forgot we're playing on Planet With pacing rules. Destroying the factory wasn't the climax, just a way to reveal the truth to Natsume.

This begs the fun question of what will Deca-Dence punch now?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Coxswain Balls posted:

If I don't see Pipe next episode I swear to GOD.

I actually could see them making an exception remember that he is also a "bug." It only makes sense he's not attached to their network.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

DangerousSpoon posted:

Pierce the heavens!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

DangerousSpoon posted:

They spend the remainder of the series lengthening the arm so they can punch the spaceship.

DangerousSpoon
Feb 28, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

I actually could see them making an exception remember that he is also a "bug." It only makes sense he's not attached to their network.

I’m thinking he will be ok as he was (maybe) spawned from them instead of being created. As such pipe has no chip?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
PIPE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pipe is a bug; he'll be fine.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
You know kabu and natsume are gonna be sweatin big time to go back and check up on pipe and ur gonna expect the worst and then hes gonna be like "blarf?" from out of a nook or cranny cuz he don't got a chip

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jerkface posted:

You know kabu and natsume are gonna be sweatin big time to go back and check up on pipe and ur gonna expect the worst and then hes gonna be like "blarf?" from out of a nook or cranny cuz he don't got a chip

Kabu 100% knew it could happen since he gave him that big meal and kept staring at it as he close the door.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jerkface posted:

The odds of Kabu dying are higher than Pipe at this point with all of the flags he's tripped.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i was hoping turkey's character arc wouldnt be so predictable, i guessed his arc pretty much immediately when he showed up

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Pipe is going to be absolutely fine and in fact Kaburagi and Natsume are going to adopt that other bug gadoll that was being abused in the lab so Pipe will have a new friend to play with.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
That final shot at the end

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

DangerousSpoon posted:

I’m thinking he will be ok as he was (maybe) spawned from them instead of being created. As such pipe has no chip?

They even made a point of showing the chip activating and then cracking in one of the gaunagadoll.

Relin posted:

i was hoping turkey's character arc wouldnt be so predictable, i guessed his arc pretty much immediately when he showed up

I got well enough faked-out and thought Sark was gonna be the narc. It even rhymes. The 'overly friendly and obviously trustworthy' guy seemed like an obvious mole.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Oh no I was hoping Pipe would make a new friend. :(

I hope Pipe shows up and the finale is a Kaiju battle, except Pipe's giant form is just a huge version of his regular self.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah I am really convinced Pipe isn't actually dead. This show isn't that mean.

This is almost certainly going to end with the "bugs" saving the day and convincing Huginn's superiors that "bugs are necessary" isn't it?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah I am really convinced Pipe isn't actually dead. This show isn't that mean.

This is almost certainly going to end with the "bugs" saving the day and convincing Huginn's superiors that "bugs are necessary" isn't it?

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah I am really convinced

It would be kinda anticlimactic if "the system" just kinda gives humans and/or bugs freedom as a reward. So fra the show's been pretty smart about the power dynamics of this world. I'm thinking the new threat will prove to be uncontrollable and somehow damage/weaken the system and the game police, giving Kaburagi and co. leverage to forge some kind of new status quo where humans can live freely, or maybe an opportunity to escape somewhere where it doesn't have reach.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Coxswain Balls posted:

Oh no I was hoping Pipe would make a new friend. :(

I hope Pipe shows up and the finale is a Kaiju battle, except Pipe's giant form is just a huge version of his regular self.

Yeah, my guess is Pipe is going to drink all the Oxyone in Deca-Dence's tank and kaiju it out with the xenomorph. I mean there'll be more to it than that obviously, but the symmetry is just too deliberate.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

I think it's strange that the factory staff would have kept a gadoll around that could reproduce in that manner (and not know it could even do that) and then get that large so quickly

I mean they manufactured it and it was presumably chipped, so how did they not know its capabilities?

I'm probably thinking too hard about this :shobon:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

novaSphere posted:

I think it's strange that the factory staff would have kept a gadoll around that could reproduce in that manner (and not know it could even do that) and then get that large so quickly

I mean they manufactured it and it was presumably chipped, so how did they not know its capabilities?

I imagine they probably didn't test edge cases like rare individuals capable of surviving if grown after activating the genocide system.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The real question is why it could even reproduce like that when gadolls are basically manufactured.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

The real question is why it could even reproduce like that when gadolls are basically manufactured.

From a video game perspective, it seems like an interesting challenge to fight an enemy that can reproduce from the corpses of slain allies. I could see that being a fun mechanic for adding some compounding pressure onto players.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

novaSphere posted:

It was a buggy Gadoll so why waste time looking into it. I expect Hugin and/or Munin is gonna get eaten though.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Sindai posted:

Presumably this was an unplanned mutation they didn’t even know about. I mean evil scientist guy was irritated when it stung him but clearly didn’t know he’d been facehuggered.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Sindai posted:

Life finds a way

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
The Fall Guys robot people are way bigger than I thought they would be.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sindai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oijEsqT2QKQ

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Throwing it out there: Kabu definitely killed Natsume's dad as part of his bug-cleaning days.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Squidster posted:

Throwing it out there: Kabu definitely killed Natsume's dad as part of his bug-cleaning days.

Nah, he died fighting gadoll.

Depending on when kabu got banned for cheating however he may have taken the chip out of his corpse afterward. I don't think we have any context on when exactly his banning happened so that could have been before or after he died.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Nah, he died fighting gadoll.

Depending on when kabu got banned for cheating however he may have taken the chip out of his corpse afterward. I don't think we have any context on when exactly his banning happened so that could have been before or after he died.

Kabu was demoted 7 years ago, but we have no information when Natsume's dad died. She's 17 now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think the implication with Natsume's dad is the gadoll being there wasn't a coincidence.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think the implication with Natsume's dad is the gadoll being there wasn't a coincidence.

The System definitely killed him. I'm doubtful that Kabu killed him however. I think it's plausible that he salvaged his chip after The System killed him if he had already been demoted by that time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why did forget to watch this show for a while? Why was I that stupid?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The kaiju designs in this show kick rear end.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i hope they explain why hugin is unfazed by zones. but it's not a big deal

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Relin posted:

The cyborg cops seem to have personal anti-gravity units which Hugin (and possibly Munin) carry over into their Gear bodies. Remember him zipping around during the body retrieval mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Relin posted:

He's got standard issue Final Boss Plot Armor.