Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Medicare for everyone, not just geezers.
This poll is closed.
big fuckin deal 39 11.68%
gently caress you OP 37 11.08%
gently caress the police 91 27.25%
gently caress trump 83 24.85%
gently caress lowtax 84 25.15%
Total: 129 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

dee eight posted:

I'm really not much in a party mood right now though.

It's too drat early in the morning, I haven't had any coffee or breakfast yet,
and the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

ok, now i feel better. party on.

i'm not gonna click 20 links but just in case you didn't include it, here's the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37YY25vvYho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Nuts and Gum posted:

Happy Birthday dee eight!

So is this one of those 'I worked for a company for 30x years and hit retirement' or did you have to work with a financial planner to ensure your 401k and whatever lined up with 65? I'm curious how much prep is needed to actually do this and live comfortably these days.

lol my 401 is like 9k right now and my pension is about $250/month. I'm gonna live on the ragged edge of poverty in retirement just like I lived on the ragged edge of poverty when I was working. I just don't gaf anymore.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

dee eight posted:

lol my 401 is like 9k right now and my pension is about $250/month. I'm gonna live on the ragged edge of poverty in retirement just like I lived on the ragged edge of poverty when I was working. I just don't gaf anymore.
were gonna laugh at this post years from now when youre retired on my couch

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Happy birthday!

Do you still sell catnip somewhere? I bought a couple of toys from you like eight years ago for my parents’ cat, and it’s apparently still the only one he likes. They’re worried it’s going to disintegrate eventually, so they keep bugging me about getting another one.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

gary oldmans diary posted:

I see

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the couch surfing retirement plan is not open invitation sir

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

gary oldmans diary posted:

might be holdin you to that

curlingiron posted:

Happy birthday!

Do you still sell catnip somewhere? I bought a couple of toys from you like eight years ago for my parents’ cat, and it’s apparently still the only one he likes. They’re worried it’s going to disintegrate eventually, so they keep bugging me about getting another one.

i got a thread in SAmart rn, just bags of weed, no toys.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
has anyone said "you old" yet

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

zer0spunk posted:

has anyone said "you old" yet

yeah, then i turned on my monitor

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Nuts and Gum posted:

Happy Birthday dee eight!

So is this one of those 'I worked for a company for 30x years and hit retirement' or did you have to work with a financial planner to ensure your 401k and whatever lined up with 65? I'm curious how much prep is needed to actually do this and live comfortably these days.

Depending on when you start saving getting a 401k to be worth a mil or so by the time you retire won't actually take too much% of your income, it's just if you put it off for 10 years then suddenly you need to chunk in twice as much and it's no longer feasible.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Voted Goku in my heart.

Happy birthday OP. I hope to post here on my 65th birthday, but in 32 years we'll probably be living in a barren hellscape.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did somebody call.. the milkman? :mamacita:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Happy birthday d8!!!

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Happy birthday d8!!!

sweet discount day old cake bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

dee eight posted:

sweet discount day old cake bro

It was all they had left at the local bakery this morning.