Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

I'm pretty sure I just really overreacted to a bad allergy attack and some coincidental "symptoms" I noticed in hindsight, like a stressed out hypochondriac, but I went and got my brain stem swabbed today. It was unpleasant, but only lasts a few seconds so it's not really bad at all. Now I have to wait for a couple of days to see if I can post ITT again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

prepuce repurposed posted:

I agree. It's still mostly a mystery but articles like that one are discouraging :ohdear:

have you been following Dr. John Campbell? he dropped this today, a description of a peer-reviewed study in a prestigious journal indicating that immunity to another coronavirus, SARS, has lasted 17 years. this immunity comes not directly from the antibodies but from T-cells that are involved in generating the antibodies, and these T-cells also provide some immunity to Covid-19. so basically the immune system is primed to start pumping out antibodies when needed, even if the antibodies themselves have faded. Campbell thinks this is "remarkably encouraging."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3_wSU1JnTE

IMO Campbell is a pretty reliable source, I trust him much more than a random article written by someone who probably does not understand context and nuances of particular developments.

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Manifisto posted:

have you been following Dr. John Campbell? he dropped this today, a description of a peer-reviewed study in a prestigious journal indicating that immunity to another coronavirus, SARS, has lasted 17 years. this immunity comes not directly from the antibodies but from T-cells that are involved in generating the antibodies, and these T-cells also provide some immunity to Covid-19. so basically the immune system is primed to start pumping out antibodies when needed, even if the antibodies themselves have faded. Campbell thinks this is "remarkably encouraging."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3_wSU1JnTE

IMO Campbell is a pretty reliable source, I trust him much more than a random article written by someone who probably does not understand context and nuances of particular developments.

I find this encouraging ty :unsmith:

google THIS

I have to make an irreversible decision soon on whether to somehow homeschool my children while still working full time, or send them to physical school with protocols that are somehow simultaneously draconian and not quite adequate. For instance, my first grader will basically be stuck sitting at a desk most of the day, but masks will not be required and six foot social distancing will not be guaranteed.

They'll supposedly clamp down if confirmed cases start cropping up in the school but by then it's, you know, kind of too late.

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

I have to make an irreversible decision soon on whether to somehow homeschool my children while still working full time, or send them to physical school with protocols that are somehow simultaneously draconian and not quite adequate. For instance, my first grader will basically be stuck sitting at a desk most of the day, but masks will not be required and six foot social distancing will not be guaranteed.

They'll supposedly clamp down if confirmed cases start cropping up in the school but by then it's, you know, kind of too late.

I feel for you man. all of a sudden everyone has to make ridiculous loving choices like this. it really shows the contempt that a lot of people have for plain old society.

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

My test came back negative so I can't post ITT anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Finger Prince posted:

My test came back negative so I can't post ITT anymore.

I've been negative this whole time. I still post because I don't care about rules
:evilbuddy: