Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I have a cousin who was diagnosed with Bone Cancer and needed a bone marrow transplant. She got one and we just found out that it looks like she relapsed and the transplant has failed

Basically I want to know is she hosed? Can she still survive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Myelodysplastic syndrome.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

andrew smash posted:

I don't have enough information to offer you anything specific about your cousin's case, but I can tell you that MDS that progresses to the need for transplant is a bad disease and prognosis following a post-transplant relapse is grim. I'm sorry. She should have a long conversation with her oncologist if she hasn't already.

That is what I was afraid of. This has been a terrible year.